The ESF Final is dead ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
i hope esf final can not pe played without hl1, even if someone ''cracks'' it, there wont be much pirated servers
i for one know, i will have my official server :D

Best answers
Releasing it will be no surprise. Most people such as yourself have just drifted away due to being impatient. It's up to them when they want to release the game.
If you read the homepage you will see the latest update was the start of this year.

The ESF Forums is still up and running and so is the Discord chat server.
yeah, i just didn't get away because i'm new here, and there was a hoax of release date: 31/12/2017 or 2018 (don't remember). Maybe?

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah, i just didn't get away because i'm new here, and there was a hoax of release date: 31/12/2017 or 2018 (don't remember). Maybe?
It wasn't huge but somebody did write a fake post regarding a release date. With that said, the current plan (which is subject to change) is to release the mod by the end of this year.

Force Pit Member
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Dead? I all but forgot about this game.

Just remembered all the fun times I had between 2004 - 2010 or so. Good times.

Best answers
Not dead, just very slow. I assume every one working on this game has lives. I just pop in ever so often hoping the game has come out to my surprise.

Best answers
Not dead, just very slow. I assume every one working on this game has lives. I just pop in ever so often hoping the game has come out to my surprise.
my friend this team who create this game ESF work very slow from what I understood this game have 7 years and they have not finished it even now [Was confirmed at the end of 2017 It may be ready]

If this team who create ESF they want to create something new again I think it will take 10 years or 20 years to finish again a new game or maybe even more :rolleyes:

Best answers
my friend this team who create this game ESF work very slow from what I understood this game have 7 years and they have not finished it even now [Was confirmed at the end of 2017 It may be ready]

If this team who create ESF they want to create something new again I think it will take 10 years or 20 years to finish again a new game or maybe even more :rolleyes:
Not 7 years, it is 15.

🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💠 Sūpā Légéñdārý
Best answers

I believe ESF is the only game this team is going to create. Also they don't get paid you know? It's not like they are teenagers that have a lot of free time they are all grown ups by now they have lives.. Just wait a little longer.

Best answers
I believe ESF is the only game this team is going to create. Also they don't get paid you know? It's not like they are teenagers that have a lot of free time they are all grown ups by now they have lives.. Just wait a little longer.
I understand this but why did you start this project ? If you do not have time or you have time but very little I find it very strange this team ESF

I understand from 1 users today this new game have 15 years not 7 years as I have understood oh my god and if it is true [This project must be closed long ago because it worked very slow]

About donate ? come on man I think many would have donated Especially if they liked the esf

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
Yes. Progress is very slow. Move on.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes, this game has been in development for 15 years.

With that said, there have been numerous releases in the past, spanning from the first Alpha release in 2001(or 2000?) up to the last release which was at the end of 2008. This current update has been taking a while to release, but you have to realize that the entire game has been practically rebuilt from the ground up and it isn't simply a basic Half-Life 1 mod anymore as you can see from the footage; the game looks nothing like a typical mod and instead more like a game made by professionals. The skills of the team has grown exponentially over the years. A lot of the content has also been re-done or heavily upgraded: the models were once just upgraded 1.3 models that people like GG and Enix worked on, and then they were just completely remodeled later on. I'm sure DT has re-done his animations a couple of times too, and that's a lot of work. The old maps are completely out of the picture and the new maps were entirely made with 3dsmax and other modeling programs. As for the engine, I don't even think it really uses the original engine anymore, and if they are, it's very heavily modified.

In short, yes it has taken a while but you have to realize that this isn't just a typical mod anymore, there's been tons of work done on it. And as I said in my previous post, the slow development has a lot to do with the personal lives of the team as well as the lack of numbers on the team, it has shrunken down over the years and doesn't have the same number of people working on it as before. It will come, just be patient.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌹 Regular Rosé
Best answers
Aaaaaand if they make a new game they can make their original thing and actually sell it, which will give them more motivation to maybe put a little bit more time and work on it.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
i hope we stay in contact with the developers and support them in the future and if they make any other game I would buy it :D

Best answers
Yes, this game has been in development for 15 years.

With that said, there have been numerous releases in the past, spanning from the first Alpha release in 2001(or 2000?) up to the last release which was at the end of 2008. This current update has been taking a while to release, but you have to realize that the entire game has been practically rebuilt from the ground up and it isn't simply a basic Half-Life 1 mod anymore as you can see from the footage; the game looks nothing like a typical mod and instead more like a game made by professionals. The skills of the team has grown exponentially over the years. A lot of the content has also been re-done or heavily upgraded: the models were once just upgraded 1.3 models that people like GG and Enix worked on, and then they were just completely remodeled later on. I'm sure DT has re-done his animations a couple of times too, and that's a lot of work. The old maps are completely out of the picture and the new maps were entirely made with 3dsmax and other modeling programs. As for the engine, I don't even think it really uses the original engine anymore, and if they are, it's very heavily modified.

In short, yes it has taken a while but you have to realize that this isn't just a typical mod anymore, there's been tons of work done on it. And as I said in my previous post, the slow development has a lot to do with the personal lives of the team as well as the lack of numbers on the team, it has shrunken down over the years and doesn't have the same number of people working on it as before. It will come, just be patient.
I do not know how great this game will be playing online because the old game esf no one else is playing in short is [dead]

From what I have understood from many you need a legal copy of Half-Life to play online in my opinion a big stupidity and you will lose a lot of players will have the same fate with the old game esf and no one will play because they are no players

There are many who are waiting for years to play this new game when they play online will not work because you need a legal copy of Half-Life to play online :laff: as I said will have the same fate with the old game esf 0 players

Players who can play online will play temporarily for a while because is new game but those who will not be able to play well you have to look for another game and so you will lose a lot of players and as I said again [the old esf is dead the same fate for new esf will have]

Last edited:
Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
why are you still here if its dead? too bad people without halflife wont get to enjoy esf final, there are many people who still play 1.2.3 today, esf final will live forever

~stop hating cuz u aint getting that sexy esf ass

Best answers
why are you still here if its dead? too bad people without halflife wont get to enjoy esf final, there are many people who still play 1.2.3 today, esf final will live forever

~stop hating cuz u aint getting that sexy esf ass
what you said oh my god :laff: who is playing this old game esf 1.2.3 ? online you've lost your mind

The graphics are very old for this old game esf 1.2.3 almost no one is playing because is boring and old

About this new esf final you think it's the end for me or for other users hahahaha :laff: ? I guarantee someone will crack to work non steam [Will have the same fate as Microsoft free windows+free update+free key Without paying]

This is why it happens many times someone crack and the users uses it,any game is crack 2017 to work maybe online or lan game etc ^_^

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Dute in mortii matii de handicapat sarac care nare niciun ban sa cumpere 1 joc haha amaratule

Gesendet von meinem Z2 Plus mit Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom