The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Best answers
:shocked: :shocked: omg omg pic from the in-development TES IV: oblivion :]
(unfortunately i cant find more pics)
here

In case you wondered, the cover is in-game art :laff: :laff: :laff:

Best answers
I've seen that, but I can't help thinking that it's going to be an "ingame" FMV. Surely the graphics can't be that good, I mean, I know that new consoles usually bring next gen graphics, but that screen is FF: Spirits Within quality. I'm going to stay skeptical until I see more scans from the magazine and proof that the graphics really are that good.

Best answers
-JLN- said:
I've seen that, but I can't help thinking that it's going to be an "ingame" FMV. Surely the graphics can't be that good, I mean, I know that new consoles usually bring next gen graphics, but that screen is FF: Spirits Within quality. I'm going to stay skeptical until I see more scans from the magazine and proof that the graphics really are that good.
Thats what ppl said about HL2 and Doom3. And remeber, those engines are already quite old :rolleyes:

Best answers
Well, let's hope it doesn't suck as much as Morrowind did then shall we?

Best answers
Emm, imho Morrowind was the best and most open-ended game ever.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Morrowind was great unless you got about a week into it and realized it was boring. Morrowind was really open ended... sort of. It was open ended in that you could wander anywhere and kill anyone, but that doesn't make a game good. The story felt weak, and it was hard to keep on track. You had to do side quests to level up for the main quest, and you ended up caught in those side quests. It just got boring for a lot of people. I could never finish the main story because I just got bored after the 50th side quest and becoming the captain of this and the leader of that. The NPCs were as boring as their voice acting and the combat was uninvolved.

That's just my opinion. I think the combat needs to feel like you're fighting, I think the NPCs need to move once in a while, and not walk like they're made of wood.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I thought that Morrowind was OK. But I enhanced it to perfection with the massive selection of mods you can get.

THEN it was good. Even got a mod that put more NPCs in that WEREN'T Static.

A simple effect, but an improvement nontheless.

But I am Still an elder scrolls fan..... I MUST HAVE THIS!

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Meh.. I played Morrowind at length, on x-box. It was a decent game.. Good graphics, lots of bugs, combat was very, VERY boring.. Story was okay, if you bothered to go through it..

It was very unrealistic. People tried to kill you for picking up a piece of cheese in their house, and shopkeepers called the guards when you picked up an item in the shop. It was a whole lot of little things that made the game mediocre.

Best answers
Do you think its realistic if you take something and the house keeper told you "bravo"? I think not.
Xbox version is in general buggy (as all games that were designed for different platforms)

Hehe ive made a dozen interiors for a massive addon, Tamriel rebuilt, they want to rebuild all of tamriel... Morrowind district is almost finished (the game takes place on an island of morrowind, vvradenfell)

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
*hides* I completed the game 4 times.... I love becoming grandmaster of everything. Can't wait to see the next part of The Elder Scrolls.

Best answers
Yea, I loved Morrowind myself. Great game.

Hopfully this one can improve on some of Morrowinds faults and become a much better game.

Best answers
i havent played morrowind for a long time.. surely loved thieving and creating mapnuking spells lol havent finished it though too many sidequests and stuff... and had half the people attacking me....
if the graphs in that game are really that good and maybe huge levels and such things it won't be easy to run on most comps

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I liked morrowind becuase of it's open ended gameplay, but I'll agree with anyone that says the main story is weak. I never really felt like I was on track, constantly doing things on the side. The combat system was pretty boring too, but I guess it was a decent game.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There was one aspect of the game that I found amusing: what I call 'Vinny Bounce' (don't ask).

Make a spell which increases your acrobatic skill to max, for 2 seconds, use it and jump forward. You go FLYING, FAST. Like continent transversing fast. Of course, if you don't cast the spell mid-air right before you hit, you'll die a horrible and funny death.

Best answers
Actually If you take the road west from Seyda Neen and follow the coastline, a man will fall from the sky and if you search him you find a scroll of Icarian flight(plus his story :p ), it gives you 1000 acrobatics for 2 secs :)
I jumped from seyda neen to vivec :D

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually, the scroll is what gave me the idea to make the spell for myself, and if you don't have multiple scrolls, you can't use it for constant transportation, or survive the fall(or at least prevent massive injury). :rolleyes:

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Btw, did you know, in oblivion you can now use a horse. So you won't have to walk like 1000000000000000 miles in slowmotion.

Best answers
Thank god, I'm playing through Morrowind now and I would sell my left leg for a damn horse. Since it's coming out for the next gen consoles, I'm hoping it's going to get a nice console makeover. I don't mean simplifying everything, but a decent 3rd person cam, more intuitive controls, and a more interesting fighting system would be a god-send in my opinion.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
indeed, a system spec revamp, more fluid and engaging fighting system, and graphic revamp would all do it so much better, and dont forget the vague possibility of online play... /me prepares his shop robbing gang for daily raid :O

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom