The, dont act like a mod, remark

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ive seen this happen many many times. Moderators, doing their job, tell the forum posters not to act like a mod. I can understand a mod telling someone this if its not their thread, but the person who made the thread should be able to ask not to start any trouble. You should be able to somewhat police your thread to a certain extent. Simply asking not to flame or spam should be allowed and not grieved over. Dont take this the wrong way, but a thread author should have some say on what they dont want in their thread.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
basically, you will not get in trouble if you ask people not to flame or spam in your thread. Creator's of thread's even have the ability to ask to close their own threads.

The Don't act like a mod rule is more of a Don't say what threads need to be closed rule.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If it isn't your thread, don't post that it needs to be closed. If somebody flames you or you see someone get flamed, don't just respond by posting "stop flaming or you'll get a warning." Try to keep things on topic and don't post one line slaps on the wrist. Only moderators are allowed to do that sort of thing because that's our job, and we're allowed to punish those people who don't listen to us. If someone doesn't listen to you, you can't ban them from the forums, you can just ignore them or make things worse.

Best answers
good point guys and good idea MP. You should sticky this or add it to the forum rulez

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It isnt a big enough of a problem to make it a rule or stickey this thread. I just tried to make a point. Ive seen it happen before and I just wanted to say what I thought of it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the whole point behind the rule is to stop vigilante moderating

letting people get away with bossing people around in topics they make only leads down a spiral of evilness untill everything has to be stoped because everyone thinks there a mod

this was a problem in the past untill the rule was posted so no its not going anywhere and should be enforced to prevent it from happening again

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've said it before, and I'll say it again, policing your own thread is ok, but you will need to contact a moderator for anything more than "Guys, stop spamming/flaming in my thread please :\"

Best answers
But the real problem isn't the author modding his own thread.
It's other trying to mod others threads.
It's pretty much ok to tell people to stop flamming or to close your own thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom