Discord Member
Best answers
lenovo vs alienware

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I buy from Sager, who sell lenovos. Best bang for your buck, by far, but its a laptop so its going to cost way more than it has any right to.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Take it from me. Don't buy either. Buy a Desktop.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Take it from me. Don't buy either. Buy a Desktop.
^This. Do you gaming and other demanding things at home with a lot of horse power. If you need to travel light and want something nice to check e-mails websites and watch a video or two you don't need an expensive laptop/tablet/laptop-tablet hybrid.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Or if you travel a lot ignore them and buy a laptop.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Every laptop brand has their high end models and they're really not much different spec-wise, including Lenovo and Alienware. The big difference between the two is that the Alienwares have limited upgrade capabilities since the graphics cards on most of the systems are detachable. You can get an about equal desktop for nearly half the price of the highest end laptop and you'll be able to upgrade it for the next 10 years.

Point being is that there is no actual better laptop brand. A lot of those "dell/hp/acer sucks" complaints you get while vomiting at your best friends wedding because the cake wasn't baked for long enough and the egg was still liquidy and seperated so you ran into the bathroom where your brother and uncle are talking about laptops come from people buying the cheapest ass laptop that you can possibly find and then flip shit because it overheats, or the hinges snap, or the input jack shorts out/seperates from the board.

May have went a little off topic there, but the point I'm trying to make is just browse the websites, pick a few, and read up on some reviews for said laptop model.

Earth's Guardian
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
specs,price dont really know if i want a laptop or desktop (hard to choose).U.S price gets doubled in my country

1.21 Gigawatts!
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Or if you travel a lot ignore them and buy a laptop.
Have to agree with this. As much as i like desktops, you just can't always take them with you, specially if your visiting your family and they don't have good computers or on trip somewhere. But if your buying a laptop just to game at home... better get a desktop. But your question for Lenovo vs Alienware, Depends on specs of the laptop. Lenovo has some awsome specs on some laptops far cheaper than Alienware.

For example:

Lenovo IdeaPad Y510p

Intel Core i7 4700MQ(2.40GHz)
8GB Memory 1TB HDD 8GB Hybrid SSHD SSD
2 x NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M (SLI)
1920 x 1080
Windows 8

total: $1,063.99

:notice: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834313584

DELL Alienware 14

Intel Core i7 4700MQ(2.40GHz)
8GB Memory 750GB HDD
NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M
1920 x 1080
Windows 8
Slot-Loading 8x SuperMulti Drive (DVD/R/RW)

Total: $1,249.99

:notice: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834300150

So as you can see with Lenovo you get two GT 750's in sli and 1TB HDD hybrid SSD while in Alienware you just get one GT750 and 750GB HDD and on top of that it's 186$ more expensive.

Ofcorse there is other laptops with similar or better specs for the price, than those two. I would prefer this

MSI GE Series GE60, While it will have hard time beating Lenovo with two sli 750s but cosidering MSI's price 743.99$ It's a bragin. It will defenetly beat the Alienware 14.

Intel Core i5 3230M(2.60GHz)
8GB Memory 750GB HDD
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M
1920 x 1080
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit
BD-ROM

total: 743.99$

:notice: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834152393R

Last edited:
NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Can the OP specify whether he travels a lot or not so we could focus on what's actually important?

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I will give you the breakdown on Alienware. They overheat very easy. Specially with high end Graphics cards. Sitting my hands on the keyboard makes them sweat if I am just typing a report for College. Support for them is ok. You will not get someone from the US or Europe for support though.

Lenovo, I have yet to hear anything good about them.

Earth's Guardian
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
so far it's only home to school and back

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A powerful gaming laptop is basically a small desktop. You're not going to want to lug that around. Build a desktop, buy a cheap netbook and use that for school.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And be warned that replacement parts for a gaming laptop will be twice the price for no discernible reason. And you can't really get them used.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And be warned that replacement parts for a gaming laptop will be twice the price for no discernible reason. And you can't really get them used.
This is exactly a big reason they cost so much for no reason. Alienware prices skyrocket because you also pay 20% for assembly reasons too. I wouldn't have got my Graphics card replaced had I not had it not been for the warranty on it till 2016. The graphics card is $500 and it's outdated. It's a 580m

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
On the flip side, I've bought 3 laptops over the years from Sager/lenovo and have had zero issues.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Or if don't have the money for both you can try a mid-range laptop with Intel HD graphics (it runs very cool) and a decent dedicated video card that runs a lot of stuff on low to medium video settings (newer games) + a good cooling pad for it.

Only go forward sideways
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
If you want a gaming laptop get the Asus range called Republic of Gamers (ROG) laptops. They're the next best thing since Alienware/Dell are getting worse.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just go with a Cyberpower if anything. They seem to be getting more and more popular.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Idk much about high price laptops since im not rich 17yo/dude like you guys, but i found this video about Cyberpower
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYGYDwd3xhM
Also, there is a funny comment there about alienware:
That's why you buy from Alienware gods of computer gaming
Answer:
Piss Off AlienWares's Are Over Priced And Break Easily.
So if you are going for laptop, i would say lenovo, or if you are going for desktop, i think it would be MUCH cheaper if you build it on your own, becouse PC`s in shops are overpriced, they cost like 30% more(more costy ones)
And i wouldnt suggest you to buy SSD, its just overpriced HDD thats a bit faster than normal one, but you cant really see a difference when you play

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom