thanks to sony, i doubt ill ever see my grandmother again

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i wont lie, i cuss,... alot, if cussing was a job id be rich

but not in front of my granparents,...however

i had to hitch a ride to wal-mart with my grandmother, (im 22 and dont have a drivers license,.... sad, but id sooner go skydiving than driving, it for some reason or another scares the crap out of me lol)
she was going anyways and i had somethings i needed as well, i dont visit with her enough as is so i figured id kill 2 birds with one stone

i had exactly 271 bucks, which is just enough for a psp, call it fate (it was 270.43 exactly) even though thats not what i went there for, it was what i wound up getting,

when we got back out to the car i fired up the thing and when spiderman 2 started the only words i could muster were, "HOLY ****ING ****", followed by "**** YEAH NO DEAD PIXELS!!!", she is a church going woman, and for all she knew i went to church as well despite the long hair and zz-top lookin beard, she assumed since i attended a christian school that i was in fact a christian,
(i was forced into when the public school system hired someone to follow me around all day, and sent me to a pychiatrist (spelling?), cuz they thought me and a friend were gonna copycat columbine, and though you kids may think its cool to have everyone in your school scared of you, and thinking your gonna kill em, when you can make a cheerleader cry by laughing it starts to get depressing)

sob story aside, you can imagine the look on her face O_O , she didnt say a word til we got back to my house when she made a remark about how she hoped id continue enjoying my psp as much as i did in the parking lot, ill probly call her and apologize but its like 2 in the morning and old people sleep alot,.......

i was amazed by how clear the screen was i didnt think a picture that clear and that quaility was possible on a handheld, least not for another 10 years

i tip my hat to sony, whereas the DS was way behind its time as far as performance went, the psp almost seems as if its from the future

sony's always had the best 3rd party support as well, as opposed to nintendos fairly limited pool of characters they recycle over and over, i look forward to the psp's future titles, like DMC, GTA, and gran turismo

btw if you guys havent seen gran turismo for psp, go look right this second itll roxxorz your soxxorz

/wonders why there hasnt been a psp thread yet

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
so in the end was it worth it? :p coz i hate my grandmother anyway.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well I think your car-outburst was justified, three of my friends bought PSP's, all with at least one dead pixel each. You got lucky :p

So it's...good?

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i actually found 2 of em when i got home and played with it longer,

one of em only appears on the menu, its solid white there, but on every other thing ituses the right color, its odd

and the other (so far) i only know to exist during movie playback, its the proper color on the menu screens,

so in a sense i only have 1 dead pixel at any given time lol, but its still totally *****in i only notice em when i hold it close to my face when i hold it at normal playing distance id never know they were there

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You know, the PSP is a self-repairing machine. It fixes dead pixels.

Well, I don't know, but a lot of people at GameFAQs say that it fixed theirs.

EDIT: Plus, it honestly isn't that big of a deal.

If the screen was black, it would be like that.

Here's a mercury screen with a dead pixel. Try to locate it. Hard, isn't it?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
this is it......im definatly gonna buy meself a psp....if nuttzy likes it.....its good :p (seeing as nuttzy doesnt like much as far as i know :p)

Best answers
Does your PSP have that awefull delay on the square button? I've heard that it get's worse over time (as in a few weeks to a month time)

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
One of the flaws with the PSP. The Square button gets stuck. It's just badly positioned. Happens to everyone.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sony knew about that Square Button flaw before release but couldn't fix it so they just released it anyway.

Best answers
You'll have that with first releases, honestly, what game system hasn't had a problem with the originals?

Sounds like it is worth it, unless you're broke like me :(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ill wait for the price to drop and for them to fix that button before I get mine. Thats really cheap **** that Sony wont fix dead pixels. At least Nintendo could do that much. Too bad they skimped everywhere else...

The PSP can play audio and video once you buy their flash card (O_O $$$), right? Does anybody know the battery life for listening to music? The PSP is on my list of stuff i want to buy, along with new guitar, new bike, etc, but I dont want to have to charge the thing all the time.

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The DS has dead pixels too, it's just that no one made a fuss out of it because handheld bashing has mostly been targeted at the PSP.

Best answers
Well I went and got one today along with Twisted Metal and Wipeout Pure (damn Target for having a crappy selection), the car kit and a protective case and I must say this thing OWNES!!!

Fired mine up, and in the immortal words of nuttzy.....

nuttzy said:
the only words i could muster were, "HOLY ****ING ****", followed by "**** YEAH NO DEAD PIXELS!!!"

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the square button on mine works just fine, and from what i hear they DID fix it for the US release, evend if i try pushing my square button towards the screen it wont catch on it

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you made a cheerleader cry? O_O isnt that common in america? Dont feel bad :eek:

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, just like with the DS or any other new system, for that matter, I'm going to wait for the price to drop a bit and for some intriguing titles to be released. There is definitely a lot of potential in the new generation of hand-held systems, but I will hold off until some brilliant titles have established themselves on both consoles.

I must say that I cannot wait for the PSP to drop in price, it looks like a heck of a way for me to kill time between my lectures. Any other comments on the PSP thus far, Nuttzy? Problems, shining aspects, minor gripes?

Best answers
Well here's my thought's on it Majin...

Problems....Only problem I have with it is it's slick, so it want's to slip out of my hands even with a good firm grip.

Shining Aspects....It's a mini PS2 with wireless networking. Great graphics, being able to fight anyone in a nearby area if they have it with the game in, and it's an awesome media player. Do buy better headphones as the one's that come with it suck.

Minor Gripes.....The thing is a tad heavy. On a scale it weigh's around 4-5 LBS. Might not seem heavy for some, but for me it is. Poping the disc out during play is annoying if you rake accross the eject switch on accident while mashin the R button.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tsunami said:
Minor Gripes.....The thing is a tad heavy. On a scale it weigh's around 4-5 LBS.
I hope you're joking.

Edit - I did some research, it weighs 260g or about 0.6lbs. I was going to say... What's it made out of... LEAD?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom