Texturing Across Seams :-s ?@

Best answers
Hi guys, I'm attempting to uvwmap my models a little differently and its presenting some troubles.

Just wandering how you guys would tackle a uvwmap like this.

Last edited:
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well i can already see right off the bat that you wasted alot of space. You could have mirrored the torso, and the hands aswell. If there are going to be differences on each sides of the chest or whatever, then mirroring it might not be a good idea. but if not, then just mirror it, that will save you alot of space. Other then that i dont see a problem.

Best answers
naah they have differences, like an arm gaunlet, tatoos wounds etc... well later they will have :) but I see your point, I normally do mirror when possible

Best answers
your unwrapping looks fine enough, but you can manage to fit it all on just one uv map, just mirror the torso, hands, back of the head, and i guess those leg things, for seams, a good trick to use to cover seams up is to use a base color that blends in the surrounding area (like a skin color, if your covering up skin seams), and paint across the edges of the unwrapped areas with that color at full opacity, this will make sure the seam edges are the same color value thus blending them when looking at your model

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom