TESTING FEVER 2005

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
sounds great to me (if i get accepted , among all the fine applicants out there) , hope my ping isn't to shabbie thou , otherwise i will just have to be depressed that the fact that i can't do it or just have to put up with it for the sake of testing

itr said:
I don't trust it. ;/
Where has all your joy gone ? don't you want to test 1.3 ? atleast try (you gave out personal infomation when you signed up with whoever provides your email account or to your isp with your net account , so why not here , it's not like ther'e gonna come to your house and shoot/bash you to death)

Best answers
lol ooooh i can feel the tingle.... :D
Cant wait :D

**EDITTED**
Uhmm hey can you show us some pics? how its like? :D
we're wondering how it looks like...~
:laff: :]

**EDITTED**
It seems pointless to me. When mechmod did this, you only picked the people that you talked to on irc on like an everyday basis.
Is that true Sub?
Then thats a bummer... :cry: :\ :S

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm going to sign up, but it seems pointless to me. You're probably just going to pick the people you talk to on irc everyday and already know are trustworthy.

DaRkOwNs said:
you know how the hell am i supposed to get experience in mod testing when the freakin prequisite in EVERY mod testing thing is "you must of had experience in testing a mod"!?
Lie ;). heh, just kidding.

edit: my suggestion.. pick someone that hates 1.2 and constantly badmouths on the forums about it *looks at carnage* you'll get the most results that way because those are the people that want esf to get better.

Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
grOOvy said:
I'm afraid not. If you have talked to a team member, on a one on one basis anywhere and feel that the team member knows you - only then should you enter their name. We request such information to validate how trustworthy an applicant might be by asking the corresponding team members about the candidate.

Whoops i did that too, the people i put was people IVE talked to on AIM or via PMS, however they might not remember =[

Any way to correct our application?

Best answers
I hope you guys make it!
:laff:

I dont think I will because Sub said he only picks people who talks to him in irc... :\

I wish everyone a good luck
Me too :laff: I hope I make it. Good luck everyone!

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't know that for sure. It just seems like they're only going to pick people that they talk to on irc because they know those people are trustworthy.

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ah cool, Since I dont have school, I can play this All day haha, ofcourse that means more reporting anything I find =O lol ofcouse, My birth day's a week away so, This would make a great present! haha

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
peanut said:
Whoops i did that too, the people i put was people IVE talked to on AIM or via PMS, however they might not remember =[

Any way to correct our application?
Sorry, there is no way of editing your application. Whatever you do, don't submit another application as that's the easiest way to disqualify yourself. Multiple applications from same IP address == bad.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sub said:
I'm going to sign up, but it seems pointless to me. You're probably just going to pick the people you talk to on irc everyday and already know are trustworthy.
So... you're saying you want them to avoid people who are trustworthy? Honestly, that's like saying "Hmm... I need someone to hold my money for me for a while... but I already trust my friend, so I'll just give it to the hobo!" (Hobo does not represent anyone on these forums and is not in any way a flame.)

Of course they're going to pick someone who is trustworthy, but it doesn't mean that they're only going to pick their friends. I know a lot of people on this forum who would be very good beta testers, but I honestly don't know them personally. Just sign up, it won't hurt. There's nothing to lose.

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We have also just finished selecting new beta testers internally (congratulations to these guys btw):
Davidskiwan, phatslugga, Nabeshin, Hwoarang, Arthos, KarrdeKNR and Ness.

Have you ever seen Davidskiwan or phatslugga on IRC? No. Do they know any team member? No. Factors like maintaining a helpful, friendly and contributing attitude on the ESF forums for a long time help as well. Trust, is by far the most important factor in selecting beta testers. But after trust, there are other aspects which could push or pull you from succesfully becoming a beta tester. So please don't doubt the selection methods the team uses, believe it or not: we are doing what we feel is the best for the continuing growth and prosperity of the mod and we speak from experience. ^_^

@Sub: Yes, I did the same with MechMod. And I selected a lot of people who don't idle on IRC but certain team members knew them so we knew that we could trust them instantly. Like I said, this goes a long way when you entrust someone with your hard work - you wouldn't want to have it all washed away by giving your inteam to someone who leaks everything the next minute, would you? Judging people by how much they have contributed (not monetary contributions, but rather those in the form of helpful and useful posts - such people form the ground roots of our solid community) helps ascertain their true attitude and also how genuine their 'frontal mask' (the image people put on) is. :)

Anyhow, I wish everyone the very best of luck for their applications.

Best answers
I applied. You have no idea how much I want to beta-test. I would skip a football game :)

I hope at least 1 dev member here knows me. :)

🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
I am aplying because I visit your site like every hour checking for updates and this would be like the holy grail to me. Or when it realeased that would be good. PLEASE PICK ME *obsessed *

OH ya and im home schooled so I can play this whenever you want me to. I WILL TAKE ALL YOUR COMMANDS OH MIGHTY ONE.

Best answers
Alright I don't care if I am picked or not but heres one thing:

[stuff]IRC hates me but I got AIM
I am 14 but hear me out: Never think that young people are morons.
I love this game and the series :cry:
No one knows me but I could be wrong o_O

And that is it: I finally got that out of me[/stuff]

Best answers
I applied, I hope they allow me to test :D

If you're not acquainted with any of the developers, how many theoretical points out of 100 does that take off?

🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
But anyways there isnt an age limit. Is there? and everyone know young people usually get obsessed easier therefore you would be one of the most trustworthy. Allso obsession leads to worship therefore you would be most likely to show at every single test. Sorry my sis is a siciatrist so ya know. Oh ya I love the series alot to and have follewed esf since early ages.

also there are only I think 9 applications sorry If I counted wrong. so there is pretty good chance if the next morning like 50 people wake up and go ya know what Ill randomly run to my computer and check esforces (although I would ) . Cus' I doubt people are as obsessed with dbz and esf as I am. All of this is positive please dont take it the wrong way.

Finally did I applie wrong are u suppose to go asomewere to applie or do you just say it here cus some person said I applied indouding of pretense or of just getting backi from something. whew big post.

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A very important hint to all the applicants: BE HONEST for pete's sake. We can easily verify a lot of details in your application and we will double check the nature of all the user's data for the final 10.

Goteanks said:
But anyways there isnt an age limit. Is there? and everyone know young people usually get obsessed easier therefore you would be one of the most trustworthy. Allso obsession leads to worship therefore you would be most likely to show at every single test. Sorry my sis is a siciatrist so ya know. Oh ya I love the series alot to and have follewed esf since early ages.
Yes there is an age limit if you read the rules before applying...

Chrono5788 said:
I applied, I hope they allow me to test :D

If you're not acquainted with any of the developers, how many theoretical points out of 100 does that take off?
If none of the team members know you, it's not that bad. Just submit your application honestly and if you have a good track record - you might just make it.

Goteanks said:
also there are only I think 9 applications sorry If I counted wrong. so there is pretty good chance if the next morning like 50 people wake up and go ya know what Ill randomly run to my computer and check esforces (although I would ) . Cus' I doubt people are as obsessed with dbz and esf as I am. All of this is positive please dont take it the wrong way.
Just thirty minutes after the launch of Testing Fever 2005, I ran a mySQL query counting the number of rows in the database of applications - the result was 39. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom