Terrain damage wehn powering up

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I know this is copying DMZ (which i verry much dont like :S but this is a good idea).
But when ppl are chargeing up in the series and DMZ you can see the ground breakig from under thier feet.
Furst you see the same damage when you get meleed below your feet (or something similar) then you get little cracks poping up all around you on the buldings and ground.
:yes:

Best answers
Yeah i liked that of dmz, but it should be only when in ssj tho to give abit more "power" feeling.

But this should be put in a later V, now they should REALLY go for more transformations after 1.2 cuz ppl are screaming for it.

Best answers
yeah i like the idea..

[offtopic] i think it would be great if there was more tranformations.. but if there just aren't any bugs then it's fine for me;)

Best answers
yeah that'd be cool, and also you could 'sink' into the ground, they always do that, even when meleeing, they go SMACK! and sink a bit

also little bits of rock and stuff could break up around you, etc.

and destructo disc should be able to slice mountains and terrain up :D, now that'd be sweet

*shoots kienzan, oops misses, oh would u look at that no more mountain top, coz it slid away :D*

regards

Best answers
Real terrain damage isn't possible with the half life engine..

Those cracks KilledWithStyle suggested are..
Cool idea, but they should look different..

Best answers
Should look different. And we would also have problems with fps when addin' major visual effects...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes, But if you make the cracks a sprite, it won't attribute much to the fps problem at all. Think about it, when you get hit by melee into the wall or floor, a crack appears, that doesn't lag it up either. Also when you fire a beam and it hits the ground a black charred circle appears. Not only that i beleive that the half-life engine automatically gets rid of sprites based on a the amount that are in the game, or a timelimit (or both).

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tahts exactally what happenes, phatslugga, it just appears on the ground.
@ sentient "Real terrain damage isn't possible with the half life engine.."
0.o ........ it aint auctail damage first of all, its just a picture forming on the gound, and half-life is capible of dterrain damage, just not massive and random terrain damage. its capable of set areas bieng destroied but thats it.
@bloodfox:It really sounds like you havent seen DMZ.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
damaging the terrain would be too much work for the mappers ... they would have the make every part of the terrain into lil pieces ... that's too much ... and then it's away and wouldn't come back (not sure about this)
just creating the textures wouldn't look that good, because the aren't made for powerup/ transformation ...if the powerup (in DBZ) rocks are flying and then falling down in same position they flew up (look the tournament when Gohan transformed)
if they would add such a texture it should be another one

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
as staited in the stickies terrain deformation will never be in esf

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom