Tera online F2P mmorpg - anybody playing?

2D god
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I'm sure most of you have already heared of it.
http://tera-europe.com/en/home.html

It recently went to F2P and honestly I really like it so far, even though I always hated these types of games. I'm currently playing as lvl 33 sorcerer, is anybody else playing?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I figured it would go F2P and I played it a bit in the Beta of it. Quite a great game, just didn't turn out like we expected it to.

When I first started playing a bit.

Badassologist Ph/D
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Didn't know it went free to play! i loved but also hated it. The whole system for combat was awesome but character control felt too stiff. If it were more fluid like god of war or some kind of platformer it would have been such an awesome game!

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Haven't played it yet, but going to. EU version is downloading ATM, hopefully I will be able to try it assuming Qatar isn't blocked like in the EnMasse version :<
phantasystaronline2ismasterracethough

1.21 Gigawatts!
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I am but on NA servers because of my friends there, i'm a lvl 45 High elf slayer. The game is so pretty, clothing design is amazing altough at some point they start to kinda repeat them self. Dungeon's are kewl because of BIG ASS bosses! Quests are that of your average mmorpg kill 20 of this, than 10 of this, than 13 of that, gather 3 these flowers than 5 of those flowers, take this to a NPC miles away than report back... Graphic are top notch for a mmorpg at the moment and i like the fact that you have to aim at what you want to hit and you dodge or block, so your not just standing there and clicking icons like in other mmorpg.

I took these two shots of my char. when i was a newb :]

Yup all ingame shots no cinematics.

Last edited:
Badassologist Ph/D
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Well I gave it a shot during the short little open beta they had and liked it a lot. Another game I just DLed that I used to play a long ass time ago is Anarchy Online. If anyone is interested msg me on steam about that one. I'm in NA anyways Slofreak, so maybe we will see each other! :D

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Installed it, created account, took -immediate- notice that all non-animalistic characters look like strippers. Will play it later on.

2D god
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Haha I agree :D If anybody wants to play in a party PM me. I have a lvl 30 lancer and a lvl 46 sorcerer.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So is this more of the point and click type (stats are everything) or is it real time type (player skills and reactions actually matter)?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So is this more of the point and click type (stats are everything) or is it real time type (player skills and reactions actually matter)?
Skills actually matter in this game. No true targeting system.

If you aren't standing behind the tank when you need to be, you will get your ass handed to you.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
I've been playing for weeks now. Lvl 20 sorcerer on NA Celestial Hills server. Fun game but, it's lacking a spark

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mages were broken when I played it.

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
While the combat is similar to action games, attacks have no weight to them. It feels kind of shallow.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I agree, but I'm entirely sick of WoW-style point and click mmo's. I'm more than happy to have another fantasy-action game. And I actually prefer needing to keep track of my distance as a sorcerer.

So far, I'm enjoying and will keep playing it. But, tbh, it wouldn't be worth a subscription atm. If it were a buy-to-play game like Guild Wars, I'd actually buy it but it was a good decision for them to go f2p.

2D god
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Well it's all about what kind of combat you want. I actually prefer to dodge all the time or atleast block and not having taking damage calculated by stats. I agree the questing gets a bit boring and lacks "spark" like said above, but it's still the best mmorpg I've played so far and others I talked to said the same.

I actually prefer the lancer, since if you have skill, you can actually solo bosses that usually require a party, but only if you're skilled enough.

Here's a look into TERA if somebody wants to check it out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9TS31MH05w

Last edited:
1.21 Gigawatts!
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
It's defenetly not a point and click. For example if you have slayer you have to dodge, you can't just stand still and keep hitting a boss, the boss will own you, sometimes even if your in party (except if your like 5+ lvl's above it.) Even with normal monsters if you just keep standing you will luse a lot of hp. Every boss has it's own move set and you have to learn how they move, so you can dodge in just the right moment. Some skills need to be chain right in order to dish out more damage ofcorse you can break the chain with any other skill if you want to.

Badassologist Ph/D
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
so do they still have like a sub based account as well? what benefits come with that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom