Tenkaichi into ESF?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Would making Tenkaichi a mod for hl be a good idea? I mean, they basically did that but on the ps2 and you share a screen. I'm talking about the fighitng and beaming style.

Best answers
Who knows, it would only be a good idea if they used different gameplay than Tenkaichi's, because Tenkaichi's was repetitive and got very boring, very fast. I guess it could be a good idea =/.

Best answers
Please don't. Really really bad idea. The controls alone >.> ,

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
But you have to admit, they fighitng (melee) was fast paced. I'm saying if they took the characters from Tenkaichi and the melee and put the energy attacks in from ESF, would that make a good mod?

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
it only works for two players I belive. Never played it -.-

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
KidBoy17 said:
But you have to admit, they fighitng (melee) was fast paced. I'm saying if they took the characters from Tenkaichi and the melee and put the energy attacks in from ESF, would that make a good mod?
oh please... the only thing faced paced about that game was the button mashing sessions I had struggling to figure out how to defend from repetative lame ass beam spams.

ESF's gameplay, when dealing with seasoned players, is the most faced paced, intuitive gaming out there IMO. Tenk sucked.

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I would say no, first dont forget that Tenkachi is a PS2 game and ESF is a PC game.
Would be a huge headache trying to combine the two XD

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, why i ask this question is because ESF seems kinda slow. In Tenkaichi, energy attacks and melee are super fast and seem more to the show. In esf, it seems like you have to wait turns with melee which doesn't seem realistic at all. And energy attacks don't fly towards the enemy fast enough to hit them, you have to be super close or you have to make sure the enemy isn't paying any attention. You can't rush the enemy, do some melee combos, knock the enemy away and shoot some energy at them like they have done plenty of times in the show. I'm sure people argee with me on this.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Even with that, it doesn't give you enough time to charge a KHH. I know that would be cheap but I wish there was a way to either make beams move faster, but still have the same charge time or have it so a secondary fire is a quick charge with less power. Or something like that, I don't know. I don't know how fast paced the new 1.3 system is going to be.

Best answers
Growler said:
oh please... the only thing faced paced about that game was the button mashing sessions I had struggling to figure out how to defend from repetative lame ass beam spams.

ESF's gameplay, when dealing with seasoned players, is the most faced paced, intuitive gaming out there IMO. Tenk sucked.

it's hard to seem the spammer in the tenkichi..... there's some technical problem in the game. like growler said...only for 2 player(also u need the game remove control for this game) it reminds me some mod from long time ago...oh yea...the dmz... dmz's design totally from the budoki 1, in melee system and beam system. u have to pratice so hard just becuz that want to fire those freaky attack......there's why dmz depreciate by people and abandon(i dont deprecate this either.)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Iv'e always liked esf the way it is, I would rather not see Tenkaichi style like play in esf. I like esf as it is control wise, and with melee being redone for 1.3, what more is needed? :).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
KidBoy17 said:
Even with that, it doesn't give you enough time to charge a KHH. I know that would be cheap but I wish there was a way to either make beams move faster, but still have the same charge time or have it so a secondary fire is a quick charge with less power. Or something like that, I don't know. I don't know how fast paced the new 1.3 system is going to be.
You're right, the big beams do take too long to charge. Therefore, their only use in 1.2 is for spamming. Remind me why they're there again?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Growler said:

its called side stepping?

Best answers
I think that would be pretty awsome if they put tenkaici into mod on hl cuz i loved the game on ps2 but i think the controls would be kinda hard to do for moves and stuff.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
KidBoy17 said:
Would making Tenkaichi a mod for hl be a good idea? I mean, they basically did that but on the ps2 and you share a screen. I'm talking about the fighitng and beaming style.
wow dude, esf is good enough, why would you make a tenkaichi mod,makes no since, esf is trying to be different then other dragonball z games, not the same, if you want tenkaichi.... go buy the game.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Enough complaining about how slow ESF is. It's impossible to get as fast as Tenkaichi let alone the show when latency and 10 other people are a factor. If everybody had 30-40 pings you could be chaining 15 melee hits with stun moves and bajillions of homing energy attacks but in the real world, the ESF server world, most of the time people average out around 100-120. Just trying to make your movement precise as an SSJ3 is hard as hell with that ping and rapid fire melee wouldn't be much better.

As for beams being faster we're working on tweaking beams for the next release, and really, generic beams are fast enough as they are. Right now signature beams are designed to kill opponents with a single blast, not to be thrown out there in the middle of a melee battle. That might change.

Best answers
gokucool44 said:
they need to put it on game cube.an x box. an ps2.
Have you even played esf before?
If not stfu...
If so, play more.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
gokucool44 said:
they need to put it on game cube.an x box. an ps2.
I tghought the other 2 threads told you that will never happen. Nor does the team need to do that.

PC FTW

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom