Ten Reasons Why you should not Buy a PS3

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Your entire post is riddled with bias and fanboyism so thick, I could lick my screen and taste it.

EDIT: That was at Phatslugga.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can only speak for how things work where I live. I don't have the option to order from Amazon. As a rule, 360 games are cheaper than PS3 games here. The PS3 slim looks like a major improvement to the older PS3 (except for the no backwards compability test) and if I lived in the US, it might match the Elite. Load times seem to be significantly faster on the 360 as a rule (at least in Tekken they are, and Tekken was made for the PS3). Your "60 GB PS3" comment is bull****. You can't buy those for a reasonable price, and you can't buy them new. Technically I'm comparing the Elite to the pre-Slim PS3 (which is the one most people have), and I realize a few points on my list aren't completely accurate. I'm not afraid to admit I'm wrong about things.

It has been well established that (unless PSN made some improvements I'm not aware of) Live is a better online service, as it allows cross-game chatting, easy download of games, and a range of very good Arcade games. As for the actual playing, I suppose the PS3 could have an advantage in that they don't rely on a P2P network, but dedicated servers.

The PS3 controller doesn't destroy the Xbox controller in every way. Whereas the PS3 controller is superior for fighting games (and some say third person games), the 360 controller is basically designed for FPS. There's also the matter of Sony not giving you the DualShock 3 for a while.

As for games... Can you play Mass Effect or Mass Effect 2 on your PS3? No? How about Dead Or Alive? Alan Wake? Spinter Cell: Conviction? Any of the Fable games? Forza Motorsport 3? I'm not saying the PS3 is a bad console, but saying it's superior to the 360, considering all of these awesome games are unavailable to you, is crazy. I will however agree that the PS3 Slim might actually top the 360 once the PSN is raised to Live's level of awesomeness. I've considered getting a Slim.

On 720p: I've been doing some googling, and it would appear I'm being lied to. My TV tells me I run games in 1080p, and my games tell me it's a possible mode, but apparently the native on a lot of them is 720p anyway. No clue if that's actually different on the PS3. I doubt it, but there's always a possibility of the PS3 having more 1080p games.

There's also a new 360 out, and comparing that to the PS3 Slim, well, they're pretty much even at this point. Maybe I'll get that instead.

OH, and I should note that the PS3 is not free of problems. The one I have refuses to accept ethernet connections. It's a sneaky bastard.

Proud YouTuber
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
I can only speak for how things work where I live. I don't have the option to order from Amazon. As a rule, 360 games are cheaper than PS3 games here. The PS3 slim looks like a major improvement to the older PS3 (except for the no backwards compability test) and if I lived in the US, it might match the Elite. Load times seem to be significantly faster on the 360 as a rule (at least in Tekken they are, and Tekken was made for the PS3). Your "60 GB PS3" comment is bull****. You can't buy those for a reasonable price, and you can't buy them new. Technically I'm comparing the Elite to the pre-Slim PS3 (which is the one most people have), and I realize a few points on my list aren't completely accurate. I'm not afraid to admit I'm wrong about things.

It has been well established that (unless PSN made some improvements I'm not aware of) Live is a better online service, as it allows cross-game chatting, easy download of games, and a range of very good Arcade games. As for the actual playing, I suppose the PS3 could have an advantage in that they don't rely on a P2P network, but dedicated servers.

The PS3 controller doesn't destroy the Xbox controller in every way. Whereas the PS3 controller is superior for fighting games (and some say third person games), the 360 controller is basically designed for FPS. There's also the matter of Sony not giving you the DualShock 3 for a while.

As for games... Can you play Mass Effect or Mass Effect 2 on your PS3? No? How about Dead Or Alive? Alan Wake? Spinter Cell: Conviction? Any of the Fable games? Forza Motorsport 3? I'm not saying the PS3 is a bad console, but saying it's superior to the 360, considering all of these awesome games are unavailable to you, is crazy. I will however agree that the PS3 Slim might actually top the 360 once the PSN is raised to Live's level of awesomeness. I've considered getting a Slim.

On 720p: I've been doing some googling, and it would appear I'm being lied to. My TV tells me I run games in 1080p, and my games tell me it's a possible mode, but apparently the native on a lot of them is 720p anyway. No clue if that's actually different on the PS3. I doubt it, but there's always a possibility of the PS3 having more 1080p games.

There's also a new 360 out, and comparing that to the PS3 Slim, well, they're pretty much even at this point. Maybe I'll get that instead.

OH, and I should note that the PS3 is not free of problems. The one I have refuses to accept ethernet connections. It's a sneaky bastard.
i believe that PS3 Fat comes equal to xbox 360 elite and PS3 Slim 500GB is equal to any console thats around.Now at PS3,network is better from xbox because basically is free.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Now at PS3,network is better from xbox because basically is free.
I have a Chipotle burrito, and a tortilla I **** in. The chipotle will cost a dollar, however, the tortilla with **** is free.

does this make the tortilla with **** better, cause it's free?

No. The xbox has a much better online service. Not only are more 'competitive' players on the xbox live, it has a bigger community in general. The party system is done a lot better on xbox as well as friend list.

The xbox is better online, the features are a bit better. (See, I can be a fanboy too)

But the truth is, it doesn't ****ing matter. You all are saying ones **** and ones good, but that's not the ****ing case. It's a difference between good and better, not bad and good. The playstation network, although not as good as xbl, works just god damn fine.

And oh my god, if you can't afford the 6.25 hours it'd take out of the entire years 8760 hours, to accumilate 50 bucks, I think you're ****ing lazy.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like the PS3 better because I like the Playstation brand better. I LOVED my PS2 so I have a softspot...

But the 360 may have the better exclusives, ESPECIALLY when the PS3 first came out (though 360 had a head start). A lot of games seem to run on the 360 better because the PS3 is harder to develop for thanks to it's powerful, but complicated, way of handling memory/processing power.

HOWEVER. The current PS3, as a Blu Ray player, game console, and general media device, it makes a better choice. I enjoy transferring my HD animations to the PS3 for people to see. I could rip DVDs on my computer and transfer all the files to the PS3 and have them all stored for me to watch on it at any time. And Blu Ray discs are more scratch resistant and hold more data, and yeah DVDs may read faster and you probably don't mind switching out discs (Mass Effect 2) instead of installing (Metal Gear Solid 4) but IT'S THE FUTURE GET WITH IT :mad:.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I like the xbox better for a few reasons. 1. I am used to it, I never owned a PS in my life, and I still, to this day, find the xbox controller, and similar controllers to be easier to handle (I.E a, b, x, y instead of "circle" "square" "triangle" "x").
I also fine the xbox controller easier to fit in my hand. I have big hands, so it's a lot easier for me to grip the xbox controller. The playstation's is too small, and feels flimsy. I'm also not sure if this was the controller I used, or if it's the same for all controllers, but I the sticks wiggled around and weren't sturdy, which I didn't really like.

I do like the online service more. It's more user friendly, and it's just all around better. I really don't mind shelling out $4.16 dollars a month for it. I also love the xbox arcade. Call me a fan boy, but I just don't see anything in the playstation that trumps the xbox. The only thing the playstation has that the xbox doesn't is free online play and bluray. Truth be told, I'd rather pay for the better online service, and my laptop plays bluray, so really, no point in having a ps3 for it.

Not to mention EVERY game review for any game on both the PS3 and the xbox will tell you that the xbox looks nicer than the ps3 counterpart. I'm not kidding go look up a game, it'll say it somewhere.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not sure where you live, but in any retail stores, all new games come out for $60... Pretty confident that it's a fixed price, unless you buy it used or online through an individual.

The only thing the ps3 doesn't have here that you've mentioned is cross-game chatting which is already been announced to come, again for free.

This is all opinion, as has been stated before, some people like the analogs better on the xbox, others on the ps3. I can tell you that I've never heard anyone say they like the d-pad on the 360 better though, so I'm going to give that point to sony. I don't hate the new xbox xontroller either, sony's is just much better in my opinion.

I can play Mass Effect (amazing game) and Splinter Cell (eh, it was ok) on my PC, both are better experiences. Alan Wake is allright, but it's not good enough for me to want a system. I've played it for an hour or so and while I really like it, I know it's one of those games that I'd beat and forget. We have Gran Turismo to compete with Forza (I don't care enough about those games to get into which one is better of the two.) Dead or alive I will give you is a great game I'd like to see on the PS3, but Fable dissapointed the hell out of me, I'd rather play Elder scrolls, Fallout 3, Dragon Age, or any other RPG so I could care less about that one. The only game that I ever cared enough to buy an xbox to play was dead rising, and i promptly sold it back as soon as I was done with it.

It's the same for both systems, a lot of games are limited to 720p even though the hardware supports 1080, the xbox even has more 1080p games. It doesn't make a difference to me, the jump between 720 and 1080 is hardly noticeable when actually playing a game. I know there are going to be tons of techies jumping down my throat over that, and that's why they're techies. Unless you really give a **** about the extra pixels you're never going to notice, it shouldn't be a big deal. Besides, presentation (graphics) is pretty much the last thing I judge a game or system on.

Yeah both systems have problems, just the the xbox when it came out was basically at a 40% failure rate if not higher, and the PS3 has been pretty steady under 10%.

I understand that certain people have different taste in games (terrible taste), and that will lead them to buy the 360, that's fine. Enjoy it, I hope that you have a lot of fun playing it. In my case, I would rather die than buy another 360. The only thing that would change my mind is a new amazing game, so far I haven't been too impressed with anything. The only games that really wowed me were uncharted, MGS, and God of War, those were all on the PS3 (also The Last Guardian has me really excited but that's not out yet). These are games in my opinion that are worth buying a system for. Do I feel that way about Halo, Gears, Fable, Alan Wake, Forza? No. Dead or alive... not really but I do want to say that I think it's an amazing fighting game.

My point is even though I'm always right, and I'm super awesome, it's still all my opinion, and YOU can't change that, only Microsoft can. After E3 I can say that there's a good chance I won't change my mind (No, I could care less about Playstation move, or Kinect)

Last edited:
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not sure where you live, but in any retail stores, all new games come out for $60... Pretty confident that it's a fixed price, unless you buy it used or online through an individual.
Wow. It's like you don't know there are other countries in the world than your own. Your confidence can go **** itself. Every store I've visited has a fixed ... 14 euros more, for PS3 games, as a rule.

The only thing the ps3 doesn't have here that you've mentioned is cross-game chatting which is already been announced to come, again for free.
Except the 360 has had it ... well, since it existed. And the PS3 doesn't have an equally good arcade. Deal with it.

This is all opinion, as has been stated before, some people like the analogs better on the xbox, others on the ps3. I can tell you that I've never heard anyone say they like the d-pad on the 360 better though, so I'm going to give that point to sony. I don't hate the new xbox xontroller either, sony's is just much better in my opinion.
I suppose that's true, to the extent that some people prefer sharp sticks to dildos. Ergonometry - look it up.

I can play Mass Effect and Splinter Cell on my PC, both are better experiences. We have Gran Turismo to compete with Forza (I don't care enough about those games to get into which one is better of the two.) Dead or alive I will give you is a great game I'd like to see on the PS3, but Fable dissapointed the hell out of me, I'd rather play Elder scrolls, Fallout 3, Dragon Age, or any other RPG so I could care less about that one. The only game that I ever cared enough to buy an xbox to play was dead rising, and i promptly sold it back as soon as I was done with it.
Not to rip you off or anything, but does "opinion" ring a bell? Does it? That's awesome.

It doesn't make a difference to me, the jump between 720 and 1080 is hardly noticeable when actually playing a game.
It does when you have a HD TV 40" or larger.

Yeah both systems have problems, just the the xbox when it came out was basically at a 40% failure rate if nto higher, and the PS3 has been pretty steady under 10%.
Source or it didn't happen.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow. It's like you don't know there are other countries in the world than your own. Your confidence can go **** itself. Every store I've visited has a fixed ... 14 euros more, for PS3 games, as a rule.
Whoa, calm down big guy, I know you have a large e-penis and all, but no need to start getting all riled up. Sorry I didn't keep up on prices for games in other countries, You know, becuase I was fixing to go to germany and buy some games later today. Besides, it's not like your original point wasn't a sweeping generalization about prices based on where you live, you're just as bad as me in that regard, so calm down, ****o.

Except the 360 has had it ... well, since it existed. And the PS3 doesn't have an equally good arcade. Deal with it.
It also has had that $50 price every year since it came out, so enjoy paying for that feature every year that we're about to get for free. It's not like it's a huge feature to boast about anyway, I use ventrilo and teamspeak with all my friends anyway, way better voice quality than both systems and it's free.
Ps3 doesn't have an equally good arcade according to who? You? Yeah, becuase that's what I bought my next-gen system for, ****ty arcade games. Even if it did, I'd have a hard time dealing with that fact... What are you, a middle aged soccer mom? Go play Bejeweled or something, stop wasting my time.

I suppose that's true, to the extent that some people prefer sharp sticks to dildos. Ergonometry - look it up.
I don't prefer either of those, but if I had to guess, I'd say you go for the sharp stick. It would explain a couple of things, your agressive, dim-witted attempts to insult me, and your bad taste in controllers.

Not to rip you off or anything, but does "opinion" ring a bell? Does it? That's awesome.
Yeah... everything I say is my opinion, or did you not know that? I mean I didn't think I would have to explain it for anyone here, but I always do just in case there's someone like you who, after reading my post gets so mad, I can literally hear his panties bunching up from my house.

It does when you have a HD TV 40" or larger.
I have one and I never notice a difference between the two. I mean when I play games, that's what I'm doing, playing the game. I'm not nit-picking it pixel by pixel. Again, I'd like to reiterate that the small difference in graphics will not change my opinion of a game. I'm more about the actual gameplay, I like to have fun, if it looks nice at the same time, cool. If it looks ****ty, but it's still fun, cool.

Source or it didn't happen.
Microsoft never officially released failure rates so we can only go by surveys done, and the fact that they extended the warranty from 1 to 3 years for one reoccuring problem. Here are a few, but I'm sure you don't need it becuase you know how faulty the system is yourself. Just from my own experience, I work at a best buy, and our returns for that system more than triple that of the PS3. So much so that Best Buy has officially changed it's return policy just for the 360's. We no longer do quick exchanges in store, we actually send out and repair them. PS3's and Wii's are still eligible for quick exchanges, becuase they don't fail nearly as often.

http://kotaku.com/5339555/report-xbox-360-failure-rate-over-50-percent
http://www.destructoid.com/new-survey-puts-xbox-360-failure-rate-at-42--171088.phtml
http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...iki+360+failure+rate&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us (this one has multiple rates ranging from 15-60%, also plenty of other sources in here)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom