Ten Reasons Why you should not Buy a PS3

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well my TV is full HD and its graphics out the game Reach 1920x1280 but in the game,basically in Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 it becomes 1280x1024 but through the games i own only CoDmw2 and GoW III stand in this high resolution,others stay at 1024x768.I also Enable Upscaling at full screen.

Few games play at 1920x1080 (the only on the PS3 I know of, are FF13, Wipeout HD and Gran Turismo 5), others all play at 1280x720. Not at the resolutions you stated.

Proud YouTuber
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Then my TV needs Fixing doesnt it?Because when i turn on ps3 it says the resolution and when i start a game it changes the resolution.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Does it really play 1080p games now? And I mean, native resolution, not upscaled? If so, then I haven't been following the Xbox360 news good enough myself. And while FF13 is out on the 360 as well, it is limited to 720p as far as I know. And the game really shines in 1080p. GT5 isn't out yet, yes, but I have been playing the Prologue for quite some time now, and can't get enough of it.

And yes, the 360 has Gears of War (which I like actually), but personally, I can't be bothered with Halo (I really think it's one of the crappiest games around right now), though I'd love to play L4D once.

That said, most of my friends have a 360, so I would like to be able to play with them once, though I don't feel like shelling out for a second console that mostly has games that I don't like. I'd only play Gears of War, Fable and perhaps Forza 3 on it. That would be about it.

What do you find lacking about the online capabilities then? I have heard the 360 has cross-game voice chat. I'd guess that would be nice, though I don't use voice chat anyway.
I'm... pretty sure it plays in 1080p now. I'd have to look it up to see if it's not upscaled.

And it's just my experience with Live compared to the PS3's that makes me appreciate Live more. It has cross-game chat, parties, and I find the Marketplace very easy to access. You can queue downloads from your PC and they'll start downloading the second you boot up your 360.

Like I said, it's mostly personal preference... I still like the PS3, I just like the 360 more.

Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well i didnt think of that,im sorry and the next time ill do it and Thanks a lot for the advice,Only CrossEye LIkEs me hERE!!!!
your point beaing

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
FF13 is an extremely linear and boring RPG in my opinion, I bought it for 60$ and I'll never make that type of mistake again.

Proud YouTuber
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
FF13 is an extremely linear and boring RPG in my opinion, I bought it for 60$ and I'll never make that type of mistake again.
If I were you i would rent it first,play a little and then if i liked it,i would have gone buyed it.Ecxept if you are super rich that you buy your games without seeing their gameplay.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not all places have that option.

In our country for example renting a game is impossible. Its buy or nothing.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Eh, when it comes down to it, I've always thought the Sony game systems were better. Maybe not in terms of specs, or features (even though I beleive the PS3 has the most potential of all the systems this time around), but in terms of games. That's what it comes down to for me, mainly the first party games, in my eyes, sony has always been ahead in that respect. You have games and series like Shadow of the Colossus, ICO, God of War, Uncharted, Metal Gear (which was primarily a sony exclusive for the most part). Those few are just off the top of my head, the stuff that microsoft puts out is just not all that great in my opinion. You have the big hits like Halo and Gears; Halo is decent, but way overrated, and Gears which in my opinion is a repetetive peice of crap. Then they have a handful of other games that are good like fable, dead rising (part 2 for PS3 YAY), alan wake... but none of them are the calibur of the PS3 games. So boast your 1080p crappy x360 games, I'd rather play most of my PS2 games over those. :/

Proud YouTuber
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
The Best way to conclude is to say that Ps3 is like and even better than X-Box 360 elite and PS4 will be also better than XboX 720 Elite.End.:)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
XBOX 360

Pros

• Better, more stable online network.
  • Cheaper games.
  • Updates relatively quickly
  • Loads games quickly when installed to the HDD (and has the option)
  • Cheaper.
  • Controller is (arguably) better (both me and Origin, who have both, think so)
  • Partially backwards compatible
Cons

• Occasional RROD (fixed in newer versions, never had one myself)
  • Online playing costs a minimal fee (roughly 70 euro for a year)
  • Has no Blu-Ray player
  • Free online playing
  • Needs custom charger
PS3

Pros

• Slightly more powerful than the 360
  • Charges via miniUSB
  • Allows you to use USB devices (to some extent)
  • Better "pad" on the controllers than those of the 360
  • Prettier than the 360
Cons

• Games are more expensive
  • More expensive
  • Takes forever to update (I think it spent roughly half an hour last time)
  • Worse analogue sticks than the 360
  • Does not allow you to install games on the HDD, resulting in long, long load times (Tekken 6 being a prime example)
From this, I don't see that the PS3 "wins" in any way. At best it's an equal.

Oh, and I just grabbed 7 360 games I have: Assassin's Creed II, PGR4, Condemned 2, Mass Effect 2, Far Cry 2, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, and Splinter Cell: Conviction.

They all have 1080p.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Time to represent Nintendo! Whilst not directly in competition with the others, the Wii still deserves mention. Admittedly grossly underpowered and online play is bad, but 1st party stuff is good along with the vast catalogue including GC compatibility and the Virtual Console. I'm prepared for the assault which will follow this post ^^.

Although if I had to pick between the Xbox 360 and the PS3, I'd go 360. The PS3 is powerful, but the cost and somewhat limited library do hurt it. Console and game sales do reflect on it.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Oh, and I just grabbed 7 360 games I have: Assassin's Creed II, PGR4, Condemned 2, Mass Effect 2, Far Cry 2, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, and Splinter Cell: Conviction.

They all have 1080p.
Are you sure they are 1080p (by that, I mean, get close to your screen and verify that everything is designed for 1080p and that the models are blur-free)? Because both ACII and Call of Duty are on the PS3 as well, and they still only play at 720p. I can't see why they would redesign the entire game on the 360 so it supports 1080p, while the PS3 doesn't get that option. Mind you, that if it says "1080p" on the box, it doesn't mean it is actually playing the game at 1080p (it is just upscaled, but will allow certain cutscene movies to play at 1080p.). Many PS3 games have 1080p on the box, yet play at 720p.

That said, most of your stuff in your list is pretty opinion dependent.

XBOX 360

Pros

• Better, more stable online network. Can't say anything about this, but personally, I have yet to see any instabilities in the PS3 networks, and I think it does a pretty good job for being a free service.
  • Cheaper games. 360 may have cheaper games, though I still buy from Amazon.co.uk my self, and games for the 360 and PS3 are equally priced. Prices vary not per console, but per place where you buy them. Often on Amazon.co.uk, 360 games are even more expensive than PS3 games.
  • Updates relatively quickly Updates download in 5 minutes for me, take 10 minutes to update, not that long
  • Loads games quickly when installed to the HDD (and has the option)As far as I have noticed, all PS3 games are installed on the HDD, and most games load within about 30 seconds for me
  • Cheaper. True, although one could say that you get a 'free' Blu Ray Player with the PS3
  • Controller is (arguably) better (both me and Origin, who have both, think so) Opinion, I have seen many people (myself included) say otherwise, yet I have also seen many people that say exactly what you guys say.
Cons

• Has no Blu-Ray player
  • Free online playing
  • Needs custom charger
PS3

Pros

• Charges via miniUSB
  • Prettier than the 360
  • Full PS1 compatibility, older models also support PS2 backwards compatibility
  • Blu Ray Player (supports 3D movies as well)
Cons

• Games are more expensive Stated above
  • More expensive Stated above
  • Takes forever to update (I think it spent roughly half an hour last time) Stated above
  • Worse analogue sticks than the 360 Again, opinion, I personally can't play with the damn analogue sticks on the 360
  • Does not allow you to install games on the HDD, resulting in long, long load times (Tekken 6 being a prime example) I have yet to see a game NOT install on the HDD. I currently have like 60 or 70GB worth of installed games. I don't know where you got this information from.
I'd also like to add: While the Xbox 360 is 'cheaper' (According to Amazon.co.uk, 180 pounds vs the PS3 with 250 pounds.) You will also need to buy that online service. So within 2 years, you will already have paid more for the 360 than you did for the PS3. While the PS3 also features extra options like the Blu Ray player. When I see this entire lists, with my addons. PS3 makes a lot more sense to me. Again, MY opinion...yours may vary.

Last edited:
Proud YouTuber
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
I going to create a new thread for all consoles.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I going to create a new thread for all consoles.
Don't worry, I'm sure console discussion in this thread will suffice.

I've read some stuff about a 4th competitor, the Zeebo. Has anyone actually seen one? From what I've read it doesn't sound amazing. Boomerang controller anyone?

Proud YouTuber
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
I too dont believe this is a good idea but it has be one :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
XBOX 360

Pros

• Better, more stable online network.
  • Cheaper games.
  • Updates relatively quickly
  • Loads games quickly when installed to the HDD (and has the option)
  • Cheaper.
  • Controller is (arguably) better (both me and Origin, who have both, think so)
Better and more stable? In the sense that it takes you 10 seconds to find a game, and it takes me 12? Or was it how it had a month long period of down-time? I guess it's allright you got a free crappy xbox arcade game right?

Cheaper games? They all pretty much come out at $60, so I don't know what you're talking about. They do have more games overall (I prefer quality over quantity myself), and those that have been out for a longer period of time may have become cheaper, but when new almost all 360 games will come out at the exact same price, $60.

As for the loading of games quicker, that varies usually depending on whether the game was made for the 360 first. In most cases it will, but games that are optimized for the PS3 will load faster and generally look better.

Someone has already shot down your cheaper comment. the 360 slim is what $300? and the 250 ps3 with uncharted is $350? Uncharted is worth the buy anyway so I don't see the difference. Again, as mentioned above, the online play is free, so no worries about throwing $50 away every year (which makes the xbox infinitely more expensive by the way) for the same service.

Backwards compatibility is something the new PS3's don't have, mine however (the original 60GB) is pretty much fully backwards compatible. Not a huge deal to me, I didn't buy the next-gen system to play all my old games on, but I will agree it is good to have it just in case.
Cons

• Has no Blu-Ray player
  • Free online playing
  • Needs custom charger
Occasional? Last time I checked it was still at a pretty high rate, like 10% even with the slims. That's pretty high, seeing as this is has been an ongoing problem since the pile of garbage came out.
The online costs are not minimal when compared with a service that's just as good (if not better) for free, you're paying for something that should be free.
Don't know what you mean by free online playing when right above you mention online playing costs....

So far your list is pretty crappy, you might want to research more before you make a long post like that.

PS3

Pros

• Charges via miniUSB
  • Prettier than the 360
Cons

• Games are more expensive
  • More expensive
  • Takes forever to update (I think it spent roughly half an hour last time)
  • Worse analogue sticks than the 360
  • Does not allow you to install games on the HDD, resulting in long, long load times (Tekken 6 being a prime example)
Most of this stuff is general opinion, and if you want mine, the PS3 controller destroys the xbox controller in every way. Games are not more expensive, period. In terms of Installing games to the hard drive, the only ones you can't generally load pretty fast anyway. There are a few with long load times, but for the most part there's only the install option for those games that really need it. I wouldn't hate the idea of being able to install every game onto the system, but it seems to be a trend that's picking up anyway.

They all have 1080p.
Even if all of your horribly bad information was right, it really wouldn't matter to me. I can't play God of War, Uncharted, SotC (or any games that the development team makes, woot for the Last Guardian!), Resistance ( not the greatest game, but better than halo in my opinion), Modnation, Little Big Planet, Motorstorm, or any of the other exclusive PS3 games on your crappy 360.

Of course it's my opinion that these games are better than the games on the 360, but I'm generally right, so you should probably just listen to me :).

Proud YouTuber
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Hoah you wrote all theeese??!?!?!? As i said before,ps3 is better even though xbox 360 has been hacked and has more games.But its network is free for now,xbox you have to pay if im not mistaken

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom