Teleporting....

Best answers
Now I don't no if this has been suggested before but I saw the new teleporting and it looks damn good, but do your characters say if your swooping at someone and they teleport at the last second.... does your character kick or punch the after image cause that would be really really kool.... and sorry if this is talked about before.

Best answers
i agree, it would be cool. but i duno if it can be done on hl =/

Best answers
well i never thought that dbz could be put in to halflife either but they did it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if i understood correctly what u said, its a nice idea, could use some fixing but still nice.

Best answers
defenitly nice idea buuuut, you might mistake the image for the real dude, its cool and ofcourse youle laugh your arse off if you see the guy beating ur image instead of you, but it will get irritating over time. :S

Best answers
Plus it makes for more dramatic fighting I mean when I watch the show and they punch throw an after image I stand up and start scream yeah mother #@#^&* kick his ass...

Best answers
if you "hit" the after-image and there is no sound like when you really hit someone, it wouldn't be that irritating! so i think it's definetly a good idea and a little more DBZ-like!

Best answers
If you had read the post it said that it would produce the last animation before the teleport.....besides why would you punch and then teleport?

Best answers
if you ever watch dbz when they teleport it leaves verticle lines where they were and where they appeared shouldnt uze do that? and wouldnt doin flat planes textured like that make it run alot faster because having three or four copies of your model there could make it lag really bad some people dont run beast pc's u know. If you did do something like that a faded copy that apears for a second where you teleported from and to should do.

Best answers
i think its an ok idea. It would be of benefit to the person teleporting away from the one swooping them.

Think about it like this:

Attacker swoops
Attacker is holding primary fire to PUNCH
Defender teleports at the last moment
Attacker tries to punch, goes through the after image.
Attacker is now vunerable for a second or so while the model animation finishes.

It's ike a pay-off for teleporting away at the last bit. There should only be a very limited point between when the attacker does and doesn't realize it is an after image. But then it comes down the actual person playing, they have to let go of primary fire quick enough if they see them teleport, or if they can pre-empt that the player will teleport.

Best answers
And its not like people can Spam teleporting this way you have to have be Jesus to teleport that way or be extremely lucky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom