teleport suggestion

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Ive had this idea for a while and I think it works out well so im posting it.

First of all, this isnt just for eyecandy its supposed to improve gameplay the way i see it. Normally players who are strictly defensive in esf have a big advantage over aggressive/offensive players. The problem is that its too easy to wait for someone to come to you, and then spam teleport/charge while they chase you. This way the person who is doing the attacking is losing ki while the defensive player is teleporting randomly and not losing or even gaining ki. If a player is skilled enough in offensive melee they should be able to overcome a mediocre defensive style user but the way it is now almost anyone can spam teleport/charge so that almost any player cant catch them.

The thing that makes it too much of an advantage is that once they teleport, they could be anywhere out of your view and the attacker has to look around to find them and by then theyve already recovered more than the ki they used to teleport and are ready to teleport again right before you try to land a second attack. When I play people who do this I feel like all im doing is chasing, but against someone who will only wait for the other person to attack, theres not much else that can be done. Esf should, like every other fighting game Ive played, rely on a more action/aggressive based gameplay than one that gives the most stubbornly patient player the greatest advantage, so that it doesnt become a slow paced game of waiting for the other person to get a little too close and then attacking and hoping they mess up trying to run away. The best aggressive player should be able to easily beat a low skilled defensive player.

Also, dont think Im suggesting this to make my own style of play more effective because im not. Its an imbalance that im suggesting be changed. So, since the defensive player is teleporting randomly while keeping his ki, I suggest the offensive player have a more accurate idea of where they are teleporting to, so that they arnt left looking for them so easily or they could even counter their move with another teleport in the right direction. Im not saying something should bluntly tell them where theyve teleported to, but they should be able to have a chance to catch the direction that the defensive player has gone. To do this I suggest that the after image not just capture the last image of the model that teleported, but the after image should quickly dash after the teleporter and ease slower while fading away. I made a simple sprite animation to show what it would look like:

This is also done in dbz a lot, where the image is used as a decoy kind of. I would post some clips if I had my pc but I know that piccolo did it while fighting A17 and it happened a lot around the cell sagas, so its accurate if not more to the show.

What do you think?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's a nice example gif you got there :).
I myself agree on some aspects, however you make it sound like the "person who is teleporting" is losing no ki at all, and I can assure you teleporting does take a bit of ki drain. However though, the idea does sound nice and give some more dbzish feel to the game. As it is currently though, I just use my scouter to keep track of my enemies location, andwhen I do lose site of him I don't panic and thin he is going to attack me, I just use an alterative means of attack or style in the way I approach him or just continue chasing him.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Ive tested it out myself and it is possible to teleport fairly fast and not lose any ki. With about a split second of holding charge you can make up for one teleport, and the technique is to press the charge key imediately after the teleport. There are also scripts that do it but its really not hard to get ki out of teleporting/charging around someone thats trying to hit you, and I dont mean an attacker panicking after missing, after skillfuly chasing someone for 2 teleports youve already lost about a third of your ki while they may have lost close to none.

About the scouter, it is useful for a lot of people but not as much for others. I fight at a 1200x1600 resolution and my scouter is about an inch to a 1 1/2 inch thick in the very top right corner of my screen, so when im trying to follow/find someone on screen the scouter isnt really convenient because i would have to take my focus off of who im following to see my scouter, and Ive tried this but I just lose track when I stop looking for my opponent. You should follow the opponent and not the scouter. If teleporting was like I suggest you wouldnt have to use your scouter in the middle of a close range fight and instead use it more for when you are fighting in a pub with people coming from any direction.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I really like this idea alot. Good job Rayne. This totally makes more sense then the teleporting we have now. And like you said, this has been used alot in the Saga so its not like you just randomly came up with the idea. Nice job!

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
KidBoy17 said:
I really like this idea alot. Good job Rayne. This totally makes more sense then the teleporting we have now. And like you said, this has been used alot in the Saga so its not like you just randomly came up with the idea. Nice job!
heh :), im glad you like it

Force Pit Member
Best answers
interesting idea. It is true, the defensive player (who runs alot) does have an advantage in esf. Should be the opposite, or at least be even (being an offensive or defensive player).

nge

Best answers
Strange, most of the best players don't run much.

If you look closely, you'll notice you can actually see where they teleport. It's not instant- it's just REALLY high speed movement.

Sorry but I don't see this as an improvement.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sounds like a nice eye candy feature. I will bring it up with the rest of the team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom