Teleport bug

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just thought of a bug that's been annoying me lately. You go to teleport out of the way as somebody charges at you, but for whatever reason you're hit just as you teleport and end up getting knocked back from where you teleported to. I was just wondering what causes this, and whether it has been looked at.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think its the hitboxes. Basicly you get hit the very moment you teleport. So you show up at the new position and than go flying back ^^

Hapens a lot to me.

But how do you fix something that happens only cause of "perfect" timing.

A delay in teleport would fix it. But that would be anoying.

So maby check if the player teleported. If yes than the hit gets nulified.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
95% sure its to do with ping, their client recieves the fact that you're still there, even though u just pressed the teleport key it takes time for that message to go from you to the server to the other player. So they did hit you, even though you teleported, but because the message that they hit you reaches the server before the message of your teleport reaches the server, so you get hit regardless.

Im pretty confident about that, somebody probably knows more than me though.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'll go with Skiwan on this one, because always when I play against my clan I have 120 ping about, dial-up, and this happens ONLY to me, the other guys have ping of 40 and stuff and they always teleport intime, I get pretty frustrated and I have a fps of 10, so I might also react a bit too late, this is my dad's pc so it's very bad, mine is still not working.

So just try and get to a server with less ping if you have any, otherwise it most probably is a bug.

nge

Best answers
Due to hits being client side while the teleports being serverside (hence the delay with ping) it's very possible to take a hit one someone's screen, while you've teleported. The server acknowlages both happened, so you do end up teleporting before the slower client-side hit regesters. It's all pretty much instant the timeing is so tight, so it will appear you teleported and got hit at the same time.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I suppose that the delay on holding spacebar to jump up after being hit into the ground is a lag issue too?

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's not due to ping, it's the teleport delay. This never happened in 1.1.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
Sub said:
It's not due to ping, it's the teleport delay. This never happened in 1.1.
Its actually not. Its because of changes on what is server and what is clientside

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
frsrblch said:
I suppose that the delay on holding spacebar to jump up after being hit into the ground is a lag issue too?
Correct you are.

When you are on the flor and you press jump. The client will jump. But when the jump command reaches the server the server tells the client he cant jump yet. So it sticks you back to the ground.

The bigger the ping the higher you get befor getting sticked to the ground again.

Best answers
? i saee this happen alot more with vegeta than other chars, perhaps the hitbox idea could be in the right direction. altho i have been told for some reason that ppl on this game dont have hit boxes ^_^;;... but ive seen in myself so i dont hold much clout in thosw words, i think gokus ability to use his upward mele so easiy has somthign to do wiht his hit box as well. but since i only play with trunsk im not sure what i know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom