Teleport Bind

Best answers
Type in the concole:

bind g "teleport;teleport ect"

"g" is the key I use.

Best answers
Originally posted by Optimus Prime
Ahem "Scripts are cheats. They give players with scripts an advantage over players without and that is cheating. Having an unfair advantage over the official game setup."

If there is a scripting system in the Half-Life engine, people should have the right to use it. It's there to give an advantage to those who know how to script well. Now true enough that people who don't use them have more honour, but just because someone does use them, does not mean they suck, just means they're smarter than you in ways to win. I don't think scripting is cheating, because in the end, no one gets hurt, aimbots, that's cheating, that DEFINATELY gives an unfair advantage over the official game setup, but scripting? It's there for a reason, for people to use it.
So it has to be a hack for it to be a cheat? Fool. Your principles are ridiculous. Instantenous block countering that requires no effort from the blocker is a cheat. Melee teleport to continue attacking is a cheat. Instantenous teleportation from one side of the map to the other with a single keystroke is a cheat. ESF isnt about script coding. its about speed and reflexes and technique. When you use scripts you get rid of all 3 of these skills needed to play ESF. What is a game that doesnt require talent? Scripting isnt a talent, not when you can download them, and even when you make it yourself its not like its harder than spelling. You have no case, you have no point, you have no right to defend scripting.

Best answers
But still...
PCJoe should make the scripts. uhmm
what can i say.....
not allowed in the game!
because Scripts are yes Artificial Skills.
and your Real life time skills that i would say are the best.
and would still become the best. but its still hard to beat a Newb Scripter thing.
(ESF Newb that uses scripts!)
like i saw somebody who was totally new to the game. and he foud out how to melee on many different way and still kick butt in some few mins i think 5-10mins without help from another person!
he used scripts. but he banned me from his server.. yes i have been banned Twice! just in this Week!
because some freak says im using scripts blah balh.. HELL NO!

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
"you have no right to defend scripting."

Since when? You tell me what my rights are and aren't on a message board, sounds like someone's trying to be an admin to me.

I have every right to defend scripting, you don't think it's hard? Not as hard as spelling, since you spelled instantaneous wrong. Try coding a comm script for TFC that changes depending on map and class from scratch, to suit your own needs.

The only reason you think it's a cheat is because it puts you at a disadvantage, but I say tough. If that's what someone is gonna do to win, that's what they're gonna do. Cheap? Maybe, but far from cheating, because it's built into the game. Like bunny hopping, which manipulates Half-Life's "air friction", which allows you to change direction in air and do banana jumps etc... if it's a cheat, then why don't they remove it from the code. A cheat to one person, is not to another, it's all a matter of opinion, and in the end it's just a game, and it seems people take it way too seriously.

Best answers
Optimus Prime
your are my new friend :)

Just because you have an advantage doesnt make it a cheat.

ok so you n00bs are saying that since i kick ass with melee i cheat. because i have an advantage with my melee skills.
scripts are allowed.and will always be allowed in any half-life mod.
there is nothing stopping it.

ive herd that the dmz coder is trying to make it where you can script but its almost impossible because you can get a patch for that in probaably a week after its release or figure it out yourself.

scripts, aliases, binds are not cheats but just mere simple ways of doing something.

ok i have amdin so.....
i was to bind

admin_csay
admin_slap
admin_slay ina a key would that make it a cheat? no.

scripts are easy ways of doing something.
if you are smart enough to make them i applaud you.but all i hear about these are the same damn reasons.

ohhhh their cheats
oh its an unfair advantage so its cheat
oh its off the base plan of the game so you can use it.

if we cant use parts other form teh game well wtf.

that means then we cant use custom anything.

not custom map
custom models
or custom anything for esf.

thats plain stupid.

everyone better relize that scripts are not cheats.
ive known about scripts since my father introduced me to half-life.

another thing is that you guys would probabaly say this is a cheat.

bind "\" "slot4;+attack;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait:-attack"

which you could do a kame just by pressing a button.

stupid ppl............ jesus

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You guys are so ****ing ignorant I can't stand it. Read my last post again before you start talking. I keep hearing the same bull**** from the same people again and again. Now I'm pissed off.

If you were dueling in the mid-west and you had someone else fire your gun for you while you were turning around, that would be considered cheating. Oh sure, you can tell someone to fire your gun for you, but just because you can doesn't make it right.

If this was an Ultimate Fighting Championship tournament and you swung your foot at your opponent so that it connected at the exact moment that the ringer sounded the start of the round, that would be considered pre-emptive and cheating. Oh sure, you can do it, and you didn't hit him until after the bell, but it was an unfair advantage and it doesn't prove anything.

ESF is not half life. Read my post you ignorant fools. ESF is not half life, it's just built on the engine. It wasn't built on the half life engine so that you could take advantage of it and **** it up like you have with CS. It was built on the Half Life engine because it was the easiest to work with and hammer out a stable product with. Just because it happened to end up on the half life engine doesn't mean you can pretend it's a game of CS or Half Life and treat it accordingly. This is a clash of interests, and it isn't anything that the ESF team planned for when they produced the mod. When two players compete, and one has multiple tele scripts, that player is (assuming he knows how to block and attack) quite literally given a free attack every time he presses the teleport button towards his opponent, since his opponent will have no reaction time. If he presses it again, he will quite literally teleport off of his opponent's radar and completly out of the fight (assuming he is transformed, which he probably is), which means there is an additional loss of potential reaction time for his opponent. It wasn't because the guy using scripts was a good player. In fact, he was a crappy new guy, but he knew that if he hit that button and held attack when his opponent wasn't blocking, he would hit him. And he know that if he did it again, his opponent would have trouble finding them. Now all he has to learn to do is teleport across the map when his opponent is about to melee him and he's almost unstoppable. That's all we need, a bunch of worthless players using scripts because they don't know how to play. Well, that's what we have, thanks to people like you. I take that back; they are people like you. Some of us know how to do it and we just don't, because we appreciate all of the possibilities of the melee system, even if it is half assed.

It's like using iron knuckles in a fist fight. There is no golden rule that tells you not to, but you are really being a cheap mother ****er, and it doesn't prove anything to anyone. No matter how good you think you are, if the only reason you are winning a fight in ESF is because the game is fighting for you, you haven't proved anything to anyone. This goes out especially geared towards the DBZ fans: If, on first namek, Goku had transferred his energy over to Piccolo and directed Piccolo to winning the fight, would Goku have proven his worth? When you press a button that turns you around and teleports you all over the place or to specifically where you want to go, you've eliminated the human error, as well as the human element. Holding attack and pressing a button with 10 teleports strung together isn't you playing, it's the game following a scripted set of orders. Same goes for blocking scripts, and scripts that allow you to hit an opponent several times before he hits the ground. Same goes for scripts that allow you to instantly appear behind your opponent and using melee or swooping at them. If Goku had made Piccolo fight his fight for him, and just told him when to attack, it wouldn't be Goku's victory. If you need the advantage of some cheap ass scripting to be "teh win" then you have got to get over the "anything to win" ideology and just learn to play the game as it was created.

P.S. Mystic Goku, don't be an ass. If you honestly aren't intelligent enough to seperate a bind that gives you an advantage in combat from an admin command you should not be hosting your own servers. Kicking a player or downloading a model isn't cheating because IT DOESN'T GIVE YOU AN UNFAIR ADVANTAGE IN COMBAT, baka. An UNFAIR ADVANTAGE IN COMBAT consists of SOMETHING THAT WOULD BE OTHERWISE HUMANLY IMPOSSIBLE. No matter how hard you try, you cannot get across the map instantly without a script. You might get across almost instantly, but not instantly, and there is a huge ****ing difference. No matter how long you practice, you wont be able to teleport behind someone, turn around, and swoop instantly. It isn't humanly possible. Firing a kamehameha is humanly possible.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You've taken this way out of perspective, Wild West, UFC? This is a computer game! If the ESF team really didn't want people making scripts, they would have thought about a different game engine. No matter how much you want it, if it is there people will use it, and your whining won't make it go away. I don't play ESF, I don't script, I'm just being open minded, something which you don't seem to be able to grasp.

Yes, I agree it is cheap, but people will take advantage of it if it is there, that's like saying, "race ya to the top of a building" when there is an elevator. Yes it is cheap, but it's there, and there will people who will use it, to their advantage.

And finally, ESF IS HALF-LIFE, maybe not on the surface, but on the preface this is Half-Life whether you want to accept it or not. And thats why no matter how much you want it, if there is a Half-Life mod, there will be scripts, tough.

Best answers
An unfair advantage is a cheat. Can you comprehend that? Your ignorance is beyond belief.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Morrone
An unfair advantage is a cheat. Can you comprehend that? Your ignorance is beyond belief.
Wow, that sounds like a personal attack to me.

So by your logic, I join a game thats been going for an hour, and majority of the server has a PL of 20 million. They all have an unfair advantage, therefore they're cheating.

I ask someone to powerstruggle, they fire a kamehameha into a generic beam, they're cheating.

Someone is disc whoring, one hit kills, unfair advantage, again, they're cheating.

I just destroyed your main argument, thank you.

Best answers
quote from Sonic Boyster
Keep them off the servers I play or you will have an in-game stalker for life.
LOL Dude you got some issues here. You swear a lot, insult people like crazy cause of the way they think, constantly get pissed off in the forums over the smallest things, etc. Man if I were a mod I would have banned your IP by now. You need to calm down this is just a game some people are jerks and start scripting and cheating and stuff but its life and it doesn't happen to often so calm down. But seriously man stop with the insults already before a mod bans you permanantly.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why is it that no one can ever have a civilized conversation...
There are (obviously) two sides here, one side saying that scripting is no different than cheating, as it gives one player an unfair advantage over another.
Second, the other side defends scripting, saying it can be done, and if people take their time to make a script that allows them to do something, they should be able to use it.
Did I get that down correctly? If not then you can go ahead and disown me, I didn't know I was raised by anyone on this forum. ;/
I do not have or use any ESF scripts, but I have used Counter-Strike scripts before. Coming into this argument, I must agree whole-heartedly with Optimus Prime, for one reason seeing as he or his opinion do not involve throwing around big words and calling the people on the other side of the debate ignorant fools.

There are many instances like this. Most of the examples that make sense are the ones Sonic Boyster has given. The example about using iron knuckles in a fist fight, it sure sounds like you were the guy that was fighting without them, and went home crying because you didn't say you couldn't use them.

Its things like this that really make you question what is fair in this game, or in this engine for that matter.

It's as simple as this. If you can do it, people will do it, and if you can't stand it, then you're going to have to stay away from the people who do do it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1) enough flaming

2) no dmz flaming

3) scripts are not cheats no matter what u say

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom