Teh Smarktards language. "1337"

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ghey, Ghei, Gey, Gai...i'm sure you can guess what they mean, it's phonetic. The traditional insult of the l33t gamerz.

Best answers
GL = Good luck
HF = Have fun
DD = Dont die
'nam = Vietnam :yes:

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Rocky87 said:
That reminded me of one

Nerf: I believe originated in Starcraft, Players "Nerf" when they believe a certain charater/unit is overpowered or unbalanced.
Hmm, maybe players changed the meaning in WoW. But I hear people using the term 'nerf' after a patch when a race is weakened, or was somehow better off before the patch.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Optimus Prime said:
Hmm, maybe players changed the meaning in WoW. But I hear people using the term 'nerf' after a patch when a race is weakened, or was somehow better off before the patch.
Yeah I hear people 'nerfing' Shaman's all the time because some consider it overpowered.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, so if they reduced the power of a certain attack, people might complain that said attack got 'nerfed'.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
a new word for 1337 talk , wmpwl
(wet my pants while laghuing) or wmpl

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Optimus Prime said:
Yeah, so if they reduced the power of a certain attack, people might complain that said attack got 'nerfed'.
Precisely, but it also works both ways, a class is nerfed if its been under-powered after a patch, or over-powered after a patch. So basically to the hardcore gamer, doing anything to improve the balance and overall stability of the game, will nerf whatever was changed.

Best answers
Let's not forget some of these:

FRR - Forte Really Rules. (It's not something I made up! >_<)

Teh - Weird word for The.

Wrd - Word

OMG - Oh my god.

OMGINONFIRE - Oh my god im on fire.

Bi - Bye.

omfg i si so4 l33tza - You figure it out.

ICTOAM - I can't think of any more. (OMFG! Something else?)

That's all I got. Most of them were already in the list... *Sniff*

Best answers
uh, i have no problem with things like lol and brb. it's the "pwn3d" and "n00b" that's stupid.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Rocky87 said:
Precisely, but it also works both ways, a class is nerfed if its been under-powered after a patch, or over-powered after a patch. So basically to the hardcore gamer, doing anything to improve the balance and overall stability of the game, will nerf whatever was changed.
I thought nerf only applied to changes that weaken a character and that if a character is too powerful by players standards (IE Paladans and Shamans from the brief time I spent at WoW) then they want that class to be nerfed.

I'll find myself typing "teh" every once in a while and it's really starting to annoy me. It usually only is a typo with me and I'd hate to be following internet fads on accident. It's something I'd rather do on purpose, yo.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not really l33t but i'll post it here anyway.

Fission Mailed - I found this on the GameFAQ forums, it's usually the second post on a thread with a stupid name/topic/subject (the first post being by the thread creater). It originates from the end of MGS2.

Example:
"Wouldn't it be kool if they added SSJ4 2 ESF?"

"Fission Mailed."

You Suck/10 - If someone makes a stupid 'out of ten' or 'rate the -anything- above you' thread (GameFAQ's again) then that's what comes up. 'You Suck' can be replaced with anything.

Example:
"Rate the average post of the user above you out of 10"

"You Suck/10"

I think just about every L33t term has been covered in this thread now :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Deman said:
I thought nerf only applied to changes that weaken a character and that if a character is too powerful by players standards (IE Paladans and Shamans from the brief time I spent at WoW) then they want that class to be nerfed.
No, I've heard it used in both fashions, say a Shaman is nerfed because its too strong, and a hunter is nerfed because its too weak.

I suppose the calling out for 'nerf-ism' is a call to balance things, but in the attempt to balance it, things become more 'nerfed' Its a neverending losing battle.

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This thread sucks ><
lol, wasnt there a Microsoft guide to '1337'?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Revitalized Prince said:
I think he meant sayonara, kws

omg lmao...

BTW isn't PWN / PWNAGE related through the word pawn?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom