teh drivoh 3 ;O

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
jaja, lets get to the point.

driver 3= worst game ive ever spend a couple of quid on.

meh, my opinion, but im sure others will say the same..

1: randomness is always happening, people/cars/speedbumps randomly appearing almost next to you and dissapearing just as fast, so an empty road your walking across tends to spawn a car that'll plow into you suddenly..

2: absolutely no freedom, the entire game is linear, so no gta3 style freetime to ride about

3: most fustrating controls ive ever used in a game

4: only three tiny citys, a mission in each one and you'll know your way around each one easly

5: bugs, bugs, and more bugs, eg: people spawning in scenery, walking through solids, all obvious mess ups, ect

6: hardly any real missions, dull and because of the lack of levels, the scenery is much too familiar each time

7: the AI is horrible, stupid and just plain retarded, makes gta3's ai look godlike

8: player on foot=omg..its soo badly done, stiff and horrible, and the gunfights are way too simple, shoot, shoot shoot, healthpack, shoot shoot, even with some decent weapons, theres no fun as the dull AI makes gunfights simple and hard to lose..

9: nothing to unlock, once done, its done and im sure you'll never pick it up much more

10: first realism game actually rated worse than the getaway, and thats talking..

not to mention the playtime is plain short, i rented it to test it out for 3 days, and i fully completed it in two and took it back... woo..

oh yeah, positives! i forgot about those..well positive, the car physics are great, a bit too slidy and whatnot, but some good pedestrian runovers while doing missions, but thats tends to be short lived as missions tend to have a limit so your rushing instead of enjoying yourself crusing and killing ;d

anyways, what do you people who have already brought it think about it? and is anyone who hasnt got it enjoying the looks of it? ;O

Best answers
I had it and let me tell you. The Thing I love about this game the most.............Is the monment i took it back to the store to get my refund ^_^. The Game controls were just horrible and the glitches....like people falling from the sky...and a car doing 360s in mid-air were just too much for my taste..so overall ...its a horrible game..i notice gamespot and ign giving it a 5.4 and 5.5....if you ask me they both overated that game.." Me waits to buy Spiderman 2 instead "

Best answers
That review made this game seem terrible
I'll skip this one and stick with GTA:VC for all my pedestrian killing needs

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
sakura said:
had it and let me tell you. The Thing I love about this game the most.............Is the monment i took it back to the store to get my refund
agreed,

and the lamp posts, oh god not the lamp posts!! they dont move and there basicly an instakill for your car, one medium bump into and and mission over, at least in gta3, you could knock em out of the way, still the most fustrating thing was "wow, i wouldnt mind driving around that park, lemme finish this mission and get some time" then as soon as the mission is done, its straight to the save screen and into the next mission, so no turning back to places..

/me prepare cash for spidy city pwnage sessions ;o

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
GTA stole/took over this genre a long time ago.

Driver 2 got boring really fast and I don't think Driver 3 will keep me impressed either.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ja, driver 2 actually stuck to its name as it was entirely driving, and it acutally had believable physics, while driver 3 leave you running around like you got somthing up your butt and not actually driving half the time, not to mention the stupid driving, take a corner and slide like on ice, and when hit by police car, you tend to launch off in the air and stuff, havnt seen that happen in real life yet -_-

/me pokes person who voted looking forward to the game

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i saw the commercial and thought about getting it. voted poll "havent bought it.. but plan on getting it"... then i saw shijing post and was like O_O... *puts 3 dollars and 50 cents away t contiunue saving for pc mic*... then i saw sakura post and was like man... yup.. if they said it sucks.. it sucks.. then mp's post... i was like man.. driver 3 must be flat out boring...

well.. i wish i could change my vote.. but i cant.. so poke me shamajingmaling >.<

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When i look at GTA3 and Driver 2, considering their appropriate consoles, Driver 2 is better.

Driv3r (/me wonders if they call the next one |)Rl\/4R) sucks. Period.

Best answers
WHats wrong with u people Driver 3 is the best game i ever played..its way better than both GTA 3 and Vice City..the free ride mode is fun..the controls are great and the shooting is better than GTa as well. And sakura u say the game was overrated, look at true crimes little girl and tell me that game deserved the 9.0 it got from ign that game was horrible.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hahaha omg.. true crimes was the ****

*drives around in the all black toyota supra*

Pan

Best answers
I can just Dream of what atari brainstorming discussion was like at Atari while making Driv3r.

Programmer: Sir ive just played a very early demo version and there are alot of glitches in this game shouldnt we fix them

Moron in Suit: Glitches why fix them when all we have to do is post some decent freeze frame hq images of the game in ads and stuff and itll sucker them right in

Programmer: But sir isnt that similar to how we treat are Dragonball z fans with the budokai series??

Moron in Suit: Yea so....There Weakminded fools ..driver fans are weakminded fools with money so theres a diffrence my boy..its all about quanity not quality my friend..

Moron in Suit "Now were done with the ending of the game so lets fix up the begining so this game can go gold and we can get out on the market ..lets start the gameplay with you driving to the police station to do some target practise".

Programmer "Ummm but boss that's how most of these GTA inspired games start, don't you think we should try to be original to engage the gamer?"

Moron in suit "Yeah whatever kid... Then next you have to chase some other cop cars to the scene of a crime, boy it will be exciting!"

Programmer "But that is so generic, we will just be making the same mistakes as True Crime,(even though true crime was an excllent game) don't you think we should think outside the square and actually come up with something fresh?"

Moron in suit "You're fired kid! Why would we bother putting effort in when this is a sequel to some big selling games, are audiance is already guranteed lets just make some damn money now shut up or get out off here!!!"

Programmer "Fine, stuff you Atari, I'm going to work for Running With Scissors and programme some new ways to remove heads using garden tools!".

Best answers
Pan said:
I can just Dream of what atari brainstorming discussion was like at Atari while making Driv3r.

Programmer: Sir ive just played a very early demo version and there are alot of glitches in this game shouldnt we fix them

Moron in Suit: Glitches why fix them when all we have to do is post some decent freeze frame hq images of the game in ads and stuff and itll sucker them right in

Programmer: But sir isnt that similar to how we treat are Dragonball z fans with the budokai series??

Moron in Suit: Yea so....There Weakminded fools ..driver fans are weakminded fools with money so theres a diffrence my boy..its all about quanity not quality my friend..

Moron in Suit "Now were done with the ending of the game so lets fix up the begining so this game can go gold and we can get out on the market ..lets start the gameplay with you driving to the police station to do some target practise".

Programmer "Ummm but boss that's how most of these GTA inspired games start, don't you think we should try to be original to engage the gamer?"

Moron in suit "Yeah whatever kid... Then next you have to chase some other cop cars to the scene of a crime, boy it will be exciting!"

Programmer "But that is so generic, we will just be making the same mistakes as True Crime,(even though true crime was an excllent game) don't you think we should think outside the square and actually come up with something fresh?"

Moron in suit "You're fired kid! Why would we bother putting effort in when this is a sequel to some big selling games, are audiance is already guranteed lets just make some damn money now shut up or get out off here!!!"

Programmer "Fine, stuff you Atari, I'm going to work for Running With Scissors and programme some new ways to remove heads using garden tools!".

LMAOOO Well Said

Best answers
Anime Legend said:
WHats wrong with u people Driver 3 is the best game i ever played..its way better than both GTA 3 and Vice City..the free ride mode is fun..the controls are great and the shooting is better than GTa as well. And sakura u say the game was overrated, look at true crimes little girl and tell me that game deserved the 9.0 it got from ign that game was horrible.

First Things First...I Already cant stand you and ...i dont take kindly too the little girl comment which ive metioned before..and i am having a bad day and the last thing you wanna do is get on my bad side like you usally attempt to do over and over..Therefore Dont call me Little Girl Thank You Now that thats Settled on too your response.

Driver 3 is one of the worst games on the market right now and yea thats my oppion but also a fact too me as well. Driver 3 Cutscenes are one of its few stenghts but who cares cutscenes are not what makes a game or neither does graphics, it all comes down to gameplay.

Im sorry Anime Legend but Driver's technical issues really get in the way of the rest of the game. I mean for a game called Driver, you do spend alot of time out of your car. The Driving Physics are pretty decent but not amazing. But like i said theres just no excuse for how many glicthes this game has and it was finished a month before its release which is why it went gold. They couldve spent extra time fixing this unfinished trash if there main concern wasnt (Oh lets finish this game now than it can go gold and that will guarentte us alot sells on this game since most people dont understand the meaning of why games go gold and think that its automatically good because of the gold annoucment)

The Controls are horrible, the graphics arent amazing either, and well the game just sucks. Your oppion still dosent convince me , therefore it dosent exsist. Unless u state a bunch of good reasons why this game is an excellent product and worth $50 ?!? than you havent convinced me at all that driver 3 is above being a medicore game not that i care what you have to say anyway because my oppion will stay the same regardless.

The fun factor in this game is close to zero and its a shame to see atari betting the house on such a mediocre unfun product. This game should have never left development in this state (obvious publisher rushing here) and to be fair to the publisher, looking at the state it's in now, they may as well have released it now as it probably wouldnt have gotten much better in the long run anyway. If you insist on playing Driv3r, score a copy of GTA3, scratch out the title and writer Driv3r over the top of it. You can at least delude yourself you're playing the game and have a good time doing it.

With That Said, thats my oppion or fact in my mind, dont bother flaming it, dont bother protesting it and i wont protest yours, and its truely amazing how everytime you open your mouth, you prove your and idiot -_-.

Best answers
:( .....well..that hurts....and yea i guess that is ur oppion so watever................. :( . :cry:

Ice Cream God
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
My friend bought driv3r and its not that bad. Well the Take a Ride mode anyway. We havent tried the real game yet. Only problem i have with it so far is the horrible controls. omfg trying to steal a moving car, only to get rejected and turned in the opposite direction for no reason at all. Really annoying stuff. I wish they just took out the ability to move outside of the car.

Pan

Best answers
Anime Legend said:
:( .....well..that hurts....and yea i guess that is ur oppion so watever................. :( . :cry:

Lol i couldnt resist to say this..but AL, Sakura Just Owned you with her post ^^ hehe way to stick up for urself sakura

Best answers
It suckors really bad , i would want a 2x the money refund after owning Driv3r.

Best answers
Awww what a shame... I wasn't planning on buying but I'll make sure not to waste my time at a later date.
*goes and fiddles with Multi Theft Auto

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Rented it, played it, almost snapped it in half. The game is absolutely horrible, I feel sorry for anyone who payed money for this monstrosity.

I'll just save my money for spider-man 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom