System Prefs and ESF Preformance

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
im wondering if my new computer that im getting in about a week will run esf at a amazing rate?

System Prefs:
- 3.2GHz Pentium Proccesor
- 1GB Running Memory (Ram)
- nVidia XFX Geforce 6800 GT
- 80GB HHD
- 17' CRT Monitor
- 5 Speaker set w/ Sub Woofer
- Sound card (dont remember Type)

Price im paying:$1,300 (Rounded) :D

Now i could get double the ram (2 GB Dual Channel) for $100 more. Anyone think i should do that? Worth it?

now i know i can definatly run esf, but i would like to know how great? i doubt ill ever see frames drop in esf, even if i tried. :rolleyes:

Whats everyone elses System Prefs and whats your preformance in esf?

Best answers
well my old computer which was a

1.5Ghz Pentium 4 Processor
512mb Ram
Nvidia FX Geforce 5700
40gb harddrive
dont care for the monitor size or speakers

Ran ok, but i had too many damn problems with it highest fps i would get was like 40.

Now I have a

3.4Ghz Pentium 4 Processor
512 mb ram
ATI 9200 (im too lazy to take the other card out of my other computer since its newer, but its too troublesome)
200 gb harddrive
(big ass LCD flatscreen)
Media Center and subwoofers and good **** like that.

My fps is always 70-100 constant, and i dont have any tweaks on.

So you you should get better frame rate.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Your using a LCD Monitor and your getting 70-100 fps? do you have vsync on? because that would seem like you would have a big problem with tearing.

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Monitors don't affect FPS o_O It all hardware, Not periferals

That hard-drive is the minimum size these days, I'd get something bigger if I was you
But I would definatly pay $100 for 1gb of RAM :p

*Edit
Why the hell is this in ESF Chat. *Moved*

Best answers
actually the monitor does matter. say you're monitor can't handle 100 frames.. and say it runs at 60. you just lost 40 frames right there.. turning v-sync off lets you have teh higher rates but the screen becomes more choppy trying to keep up with the game because of the frames it has lost. Turning Vsync limits your frames because it aligns itself with the refresh rate of the monitor but the gameplay will be smoother. Also your eye can see 30-50 frames so anything above is overkill..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What Jumin explained is called "Tearing" this is mainly seen in LCD Monitors.

Tearing is when lets say the top of the screen is refreshing faster than the bottom half.(makes like a "split screen" look) LCDs arnt what you would use for a game like esf since its a very fast pace game.

now for the people with LCDs and say they go around 100 without tearing DO have vSync on your fps are saying what your computer could bring it up to, most users usually see about 50 frames but think they see more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom