/sysinfo shows memory is at 1007mb...

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
But i have a total of 1024mb. Is there a way to get those extra 17mb back? I want to play the CoH demooo

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
I think it won't report memory used by the kernel or something like that, even linux reports that you have less free/available ram than you actually have in total

Could be something else though, but I don't know nor do I care~

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's nothing to worry about really, Iv'e come across computer's that have 64mb of memory and had their OS report that there is 63mb of ram in the system. It's not really such a big loss. On paper, it would be like adding another 16mb of ram to a computer that had 32mb of ram, no difference (atleast for a computer that old, but that same principal applies, and in this case there is practically nothnig to worry about or cause concern).

If you have 1024mb of memory in your system, windows will always show it as 1gb in your system properties. Windows reporting how much memory there is in your computer is complete bs anyway, your computer does a better job itself on boot up or in bios showing how much memory is present in your computer.

Best answers
Sometimes, With Onboard graphics Cards, they take away 16Mb. And a SoundCard takes away 1Mb. Which could lead to the 17Mb? But I havent seen that on anyones computer for ages...
If you indeed have 1gb. You have 1gb :) Dont worry about it. The computer probably has it allocated to other things.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pemalite said:
Sometimes, With Onboard graphics Cards, they take away 16Mb. And a SoundCard takes away 1Mb. Which could lead to the 17Mb? But I havent seen that on anyones computer for ages...
If you indeed have 1gb. You have 1gb :) Dont worry about it. The computer probably has it allocated to other things.
From past dealings, we know that Bapplbeo's gfx card is a X600pro, so he isn't using onboard gfx. I just think it's windows being unaccurate reading how much ram there is, but not that it matters as it is recognised as 1gb.

Best answers
Ah.
Well being realistic. Even with 17Mb less off "1gb" Wouldnt exact make you lose much, If at all any performance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom