SYS Requirements

Best answers
Ok i tried running Half Life on a K6-300 with a TNT2 M64pro, and 128mb of ram, it ran fine for half life, but when i loaded up esf... the oppisite happend... lagg lagg and more lagg it was just to slow to play and I have a network the other machine which i play esf on is an AMD Duron 800mhz (upgrades to 1.8ghz {thats GHZ!}on friday...) with a geforce 4 MX440 and 512mb of DDR 333mhz ram... it plays fine @ 1024x768 with 32bit, and everything on high in the Detetnator drivers. I was wondering what is the system requirements for this game? and for people who wanna show of their comps and tell me what their fps are go ahead! lol ill love ideas on what to upgrade next for my system... anyways catchya all round! - from the *** guy

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, this requires alot more than the halflife game. Its pushed the engine alot further. I dont think that any recommended requirements were ever released, but here are mine

256mb ram
over 1ghz cpu
a decent connection, such as 512k
a nice card, like a geforce 3 ti series or geforce 4 or radeon

but thats a rough guess, im no real expert

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Our recommeded specs were along these lines:

PIII 600MHz or Equivalent AMD, 750MHz or better recommended
128MB RAM Miniumum, 256MB recommended
GeForce or Radeon class GFX card (I had a TNT2 Ultra for testing, it barely ran it at 20 fps)

Though the coder had it running on a P166 . . . it's all in the settings too, turn all the bells and whistles off.

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeh, my computer is by no means "top of the line" But after I turn all the settings down I can run the game pretty well.

Best answers
cool, so running on a 300mhz system is out of the question? (I have 2 one with a tnt2 vanta 16mb and a 3dfx banshee either than that they are identical...) my friend nick is able to play it on a 667mhz P111 with 128mb of ram and an ati Rage 128... I just wish it could run on the 300's... then we could have a lan fest of this game... *sigh* anyways thanks

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
P.cel. 733MHz
191MB RAM
GeForce 4 mx 440
works fine for me on that

ummm im upgrading to a 2.4 p4 this summer w00t! and about a gig or ram ddr w00t!

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Pemalite
cool, so running on a 300mhz system is out of the question?
Not completely, try turning off all the graphics effects, reduce the screen size and run in OGL if possible. It will still lag, but it won't be unplayable. As I said, I tested it on a 466MHz Celeron, and the coder had it running on his p166. Try tweaking it a bit, you may get it to run yet :yes:

Any machine that can start HL, can start ESF, but framerates will be low because of our maps r_speeds, only fast machines can run them well. I used to joke with the mappers that they were mauling my rig :p Try using some custom ESF maps. Any map that works in 1.0 works in 1.x. So give that a whack.

Best answers
will do... (I wonder if it would run on the 233 system I just built... or better yet... the 133... :p)

Best answers
2.4 Ghz
512 Ram
GeForce2 64 MB

Err..it should be working find for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom