sword quality

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ive been looking for a replica tensa zangetsu (bleach) sword and i found one.

the description of it is great, if true, but the price is just so low im having a hard time believing that its so well put together

long story short, has anyone gotten any weapons from this site?

http://www.trueswords.com/ichigo-bankai-sword-inspired-anime-tensa-zangetsu-p-2556.html

if so, was it good quality? or if it fell a few feet would it just suddenly shatter?

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I haven't heard any complaints regarding True Swords' quality. Though, replicas tend to be crappy since they are mostly used as wall hangers.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If a sword hasn't been smithed it's not very durable. These things are generally just sharpened bits of metal (or not sharpened, depending on the product).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
its just a bog standard carbon steel blade, which will be as sturdy as, say, a kitchen knife in terms of it snapping. the price makes me think it'll be pretty easy to bend forcefully and chip as it'll be a cheaper grade steel which probably wont compensate for the enlarged blade, but it wont be shattering into a thousand pieces.

one of my old old wall mounted katana's ended up falling 2 floors onto a concrete floor at one point (ex GF trying to blackmail me to go watch a movie, she had butterfingers at the time), although the wooden sheath disintigrated, the blade was fine albeit a few scratches.

all in all if you want a display weapon go for it, just dont be swinging it around RPing or whatever as you'll find cheap display weapons have -really- bad hilts and pommels which'll see the blade detach from the weapon completely and probably impale a member of family much to my amusement.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It looks decent, but don't expect to be cutting logs with it.

These kinds of swords are meant as decoration, not to go all urban ninja on people with. :3

If you intend to display it most of the time, and occasionally pick it up and swing it around without hitting anything, it should be fine.

Even the utmost crappiest swords you can find will allow the aforementioned without falling apart, and this looks a lot better than some of the crap I've had.

Also, don't expect it to be sharp. It likely won't be.

The low price is likely due to low manufacturing costs, so it won't be very sharp, if at all, and the metal won't be too high quality.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if it doesn't have any flex in the blade, don't attempt to cut anything with it.

if it has no give, it means it'll be very brittle, and hitting something with it will just cause an accident, and possibly some blood loss on your, or an innocent bystanders part.

if you're looking to actually practice cutting with a blade, you should be looking to spend somewhere in the region of $600-800. if you're spending less than $200, on a sword which is clearly designed to look like the one from an anime, rather than be practical, then you're just wasting money.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
To answer your question dark, it won't shatter if you drop it, but it seems stupid to use it for slashing anything (not that it'll be broken unless you're too careless, but you'll ruin the edge of the blade with marks and dents).

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
no no, im not actually gonna use it albeit the few swings every now and then to show it off and look cool

im planning to mount it on my wall and i was worried that it might explode if dropped.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the other thing to considder, is that the tang is not gonna be right for the blade, it'll feel off balance, and swinging it a couple of times will probably cause a slight wobble at the tsuba (where the blade meets the hilt).

this is the sword i bought about 6 months ago btw:
http://www.swordsonline.com/shopping/Miyamoto-Musashi-Daito-p-16641.html

it's served me well for the cutting classes i've been taking, and god do those classes keep you fit :eek: it's some kind of replica of a famous japanese sword, but it works awsomely.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

The orange one is my baby <3

But yeah, don't expect to actually fight with it. Like Lee said, it's gonna start to wobble really quick because it's probably not full-tang (the metal of the blade doesn't go through the entire hilt). It'll be good for decoration, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom