SWINGING!!! COME 1 COME ALL!

do u swing at all

• ALL THE TIME (pussie)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • mostly

• sometimes

• never (someone who belives in a true and fair fight)

• Total voters
Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i have seen pwned.nl before a mill times , you must be a noob to tell some1 to go see it , i picture you a noob for suggesting that video coz it is OLD!!, i'm not a noob , i play esf with mates at lans and online at net cafes that have steam , that's defiently not ture , "moanig , bragging , complaining since i signed up for the boards" , i made suggestions , got involved , i only created a thread like this to get views on throwing , & plus to rase awarness of swinger pussies (aka noobs) i don't know where people find the time to call me a noob , as i said before , it's non-senceical bull crap

EDIT: plus , i have seen something simlar like this happen to you :p , so why should you bother telling me that i wine and so on , btw , a lot of people who posted here have violated the A.U.P (acceptable user policy)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sarutobi Sensei said:
Throwing can be for noobs and pros. I don't consider myself a pro but i do consider myself one of the more advanced .players in the US Just because i said i throw a lot and can do a lot of damage does NOT mean i don't dodge attacks or use gen beams, ki balls. I use them all, like i said ask people who face me and they know.

if you don't like being thrown...it really isn't my problem or concern for you. ::Shrug:: if you get bored...just leave.
...Shut up.

Best answers
SAIYAN_OVERLORD said:
i have seen pwned.nl before a mill times , you must be a noob to tell some1 to go see it , i picture you a noob for suggesting that video coz it is OLD!!, i'm not a noob , i play esf with mates at lans and online at net cafes that have steam , that's defiently not ture , "moanig , bragging , complaining since i signed up for the boards" , i made suggestions , got involved , i only created a thread like this to get views on throwing , & plus to rase awarness of swinger pussies (aka noobs) i don't know where people find the time to call me a noob , as i said before , it's non-senceical bull crap

EDIT: plus , i have seen something simlar like this happen to you :p , so why should you bother telling me that i wine and so on , btw , a lot of people who posted here have violated the A.U.P (acceptable user policy)

Ok Mr. Head in your own Ass meet me ingame, and talk **** seriously your supposed to be such a veteran.

Best answers
now now legend...calm down, there is no point in getting upset over this stuff. All it is, is him rambling on about something that is part of a game. Let him complain...won't change the facts of anything. Calls us noobs...don't worry about it, he can't prove anything as is so there is no point to get upset. If he wanted to prove it and step up then he would do so by now. If not just let the guy rant.

BTW i'll add a rant

I hate people that complain about games >.<

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't consider myself a pro but i do consider myself one of the more advanced players in the US.
But Saru...you ARE a pro o_O

I'm in the advanced class yet you kick my ass all the time. Thats Pro enough for me o.o

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Saru is probably THE best player in the US right now. Call him a newbie all you want - in order for him to throw you, he has to outmaneuver you first, and if he can do that then he's definately not a noob. I'll tell you why most people hate throwing and call it "noobish".

First off, throwing stops the momentum of the game right now, it takes a fast fight and puts it to a complete stop then continues shortly after. People know ESF as a very fast paced game, and the throw kind of ruins that right now they way it is. Just wait people, the throw will most likely continue being tweaked until it's perfect.

Secondly, There's little chance that your opponent can fight back or even get out of the move. How does this differ from simple melee, and why don't people complain nearly as much about it? I mean simple melee doesn't really give you a chance to fight back either, if you get hit, there's nothing you can realy do about it, and you usually receive AT LEAST one more hit, if the player is really good he can get 3 or 4 hits without exploiting the game. So why isn't it as frowned upon like throwing? Same thing I said above, becuase the throw stops the game, and it annoys players greatly. Not only are you about to get threown and probably hit a few more times and then blasted with a beam, you have to sit there and watch it for a good 5 seconds or more. What can I say, play a little more cautiously avoid getting caught in adv.melee, or be ready to block when they come after you. "But they usually teleport and swoop around and I can't keep track of them!!!!" That's becuase they're good at the game. If Saru can outmanuever you and get the throw regardless of what you do doesn't mean it's cheap or lame, it just means that he plays the game better than you. Plus, There are more than enough options and strategies to keep you from getting thrown, people just don't care to learn most of the time. Trust me, it's hard and takes a bit of practice, but you can eventually learn to avoid being thrown.

Throwing is not noobish, it takes some good skill and ki management to actually be able to do a lot of extra damage after one. There will always be people that complain about it though, and that's fine, just don't call it "noobish". Remember, if the player is a newb he shouldn't be able to outmanuever you and get you with a throw in the first place right?

On a side note: People that say they "invented" a move are full of themselves, becuase you didn't invent the damn move unless you coded it into the game. If you figured out how to do it, then you discovered it, and even then you have no way of proving that you were the first person to do the move/combo and no one else does either. Also it's not that big of a deal, it's just a game, no one cares if you figured out a strategy, or a combo.. it's not a big accomplishment.

nge

Best answers
Phatslugga said:
Saru is probably THE best player in the US right now. Call him a newbie all you want - in order for him to throw you, he has to outmaneuver you first, and if he can do that then he's definately not a noob. I'll tell you why most people hate throwing and call it "noobish".

First off, throwing stops the momentum of the game right now, it takes a fast fight and puts it to a complete stop then continues shortly after. People know ESF as a very fast paced game, and the throw kind of ruins that right now they way it is. Just wait people, the throw will most likely continue being tweaked until it's perfect.

Secondly, There's little chance that your opponent can fight back or even get out of the move. How does this differ from simple melee, and why don't people complain nearly as much about it? I mean simple melee doesn't really give you a chance to fight back either, if you get hit, there's nothing you can realy do about it, and you usually receive AT LEAST one more hit, if the player is really good he can get 3 or 4 hits without exploiting the game. So why isn't it as frowned upon like throwing? Same thing I said above, becuase the throw stops the game, and it annoys players greatly. Not only are you about to get threown and probably hit a few more times and then blasted with a beam, you have to sit there and watch it for a good 5 seconds or more. What can I say, play a little more cautiously avoid getting caught in adv.melee, or be ready to block when they come after you. "But they usually teleport and swoop around and I can't keep track of them!!!!" That's becuase they're good at the game. If Saru can outmanuever you and get the throw regardless of what you do doesn't mean it's cheap or lame, it just means that he plays the game better than you. Plus, There are more than enough options and strategies to keep you from getting thrown, people just don't care to learn most of the time. Trust me, it's hard and takes a bit of practice, but you can eventually learn to avoid being thrown.

Throwing is not noobish, it takes some good skill and ki management to actually be able to do a lot of extra damage after one. There will always be people that complain about it though, and that's fine, just don't call it "noobish". Remember, if the player is a newb he shouldn't be able to outmanuever you and get you with a throw in the first place right?

On a side note: People that say they "invented" a move are full of themselves, becuase you didn't invent the damn move unless you coded it into the game. If you figured out how to do it, then you discovered it, and even then you have no way of proving that you were the first person to do the move/combo and no one else does either. Also it's not that big of a deal, it's just a game, no one cares if you figured out a strategy, or a combo.. it's not a big accomplishment.

Thank you. You're right- people will call things "noobish" if they don't understand it or cannot do it effectivly. It's the sad truth, and while it'd be nice to hope that it would change, the fact of the matter is that there are far more people willing to complain endlessly about some "problem" of theirs than to try and better themselves and fix it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Your a moron if you say noob, so can you all just be quiet, and talk about pancakes or something? Its retarded, its like abunch of kindergardners agrueing.

"Your stupid, no you are, no you are, no you are!" (K)

"Your a noob, no you are cus i invented the laser throw, no you are you throwing noob, nuh uh you **** talking noob, nuh uh jew i'm honorable fighter noob, I a lame and cant think of anything insulting to say NOOB, die, i'm better than you noob!" (esf)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Zero, have you not noticed yet that no one here, other than Saiyan, agrees with you?

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MajinDruu said:
I pointed out quite clearly what it had to do with in my first post - and why the heck did it take you so long to read what I said?
You get you're mom to read it for you?
Or most probable - You do not read what people are posting.
People call you a n00b for the simple fact EVERYONE here deals with throwing EVERYONE and no one but you seems to have a problem with it other than the other n00bs that cannot handle it.

The whole idea is throwing is used to the best of your abilty - just like the rest of the moves...
If you can seriously exploit throwing... like ... own someone with it - that's gonna be skill...
Because I'd sooner spam with beams or Ball attacks than throwing...
making an personal attack at someones "mom" is unfair Druu,

8i have spoken to Saiyan via msn, he has told me he is banned for a certain amount of time, some people may agree, some people may disagree.

(getting to the point)

Saiyan got banned for a 2 week period (told via msn)

as i clearly pointed out before, yes some people do abuse the throwing system (I.E Throw > Kiblob > Throw > Kiblob ....etc etc) but isnt that clearly seen as people can't fight or just want to be annoying?

i know how disterbing and frustrated i used to get getting thrown after each recovery but after a while, there is a teleport button right? wait until they are just about to pre-punch you (contact) then teleport to the side or away from contact, this way they will not touch you or start teh throwing technique.

People who don't like throwing:
If throwing really bothers you that much, join a different server, join a smaller server where you can attack one person and do not have to worrie about someone sneak attacking you.

People who like throwing "alot":
Guys, the throwing technique wasnt added to be abused, the ESF teamed add the "throw" into the game because it is a different move to use and everyone can use it, other than that it can be fun to use once in a while, so please, people that abuse this system, just cut down a little bit please :)

i am not here to complain but just state the fact, throwing repeatedly is annoying and is boaring after a while, but then again, so is using kamehame ha to kill everyone all the time.

Saiyan got banned because people disagreed with him and due to the fact of harsh flaming, i can't say who started the flaming but what i can say is people who make a big deal about something that coule be sorted out in 5 minutes shows me who is mature and who is immature.

some people on these forums need to learn what repsect is/means, i have always been told:

"threat people with respect and you will get the same"

and to me, this statement is true, but taht doesnt explain why people are so childish about little situations.

after all this is a game, a game which is for fun, its not like we are paying for this mod...just be thankful the ESF team decided to let the public into the mod.

so can all the abusing/ flaming/ cursing etc stop? afterall, if this carrys on more people will be banned and i'm sure you guys do not want that!

thank you!

Now have a c00kie!

Best answers
SAIYAN_OVERLORD said:
The Irony ... Burning my eyes...

Quite simply the reason I started flameing is the Poll is trying to inforce a person's opinion apon me and as a throw-beam-melee hitter (Only done that once tho - he bounced off a wall... I was lucky)

Anyway - If he was against throwing for 1 a good reason that was plainly explaned
and 2 tryed to even the argument like even most of the unreasonable member's do in this forum

I'd have just dissagreed and not even utterd one insult.

Logan289 said:
Zero, have you not noticed yet that no one here, other than Saiyan, agrees with you?
Aww now you spoilt it - I was humoring him.
However on another noat he is allowed to agree with Saiyan...
Dis allow people to defy the norm and they will rebel...(And get banned - lets not have that)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There's no way you can abuse the throw, if we're talking about the same kind of abuse from beamspammers. Beamspammers can kill everyone in the entire map over and over again, while staying away from harm easily. By charging beams and constantly running away, you keep yourself away from danger, while doing incredible amounts of damage. With the throw, you have to go in and attack a single player. You're putting yourself in direct danger and you're only targetting one enemy. Granted you can do a lot of damage with it, but you need to have really good ki management and swooping skills for that. My understanding is, if you can engage an enemy player, outmaneuver him, and get the throw with enough ki leftover to use it, then you deserve it. Allthough I think that a damage dividing system would work well and lessen the complaints of the throw. Check it out.

Damage dividing system
The basic concept of this idea is to balance the simple melee combo's so that they aren't abused with the throw, or on their own.

damage system
With each subsequent basic melee hit, or throw the damage will be divided, and ki consumption will be multiplied by whatever number the team see's fit. In this case let's use 2 for both. Damage should also be directly proportional to the amount of stun the defender receives, meaning, less damage equals less stun.

all numbers used for this idea are placeholders

Damage
With each hit, damage is divided in half(placeholder).
Example:
Player 1 throws his opponent into the ceiling doing 16 damage. His opponent falls back down and Player one kicks him up again, doing only 8 damage. His opponent hit's the ceiling again for 4 damage, falls back into his opponents kick for 2 damage and back into the ceiling for 1 damage. With this hit, each hit after will only do 1 damage. This of course still means that your opponent can sit there and be a cheapass hitting you forever, well, here comes the balance.

Ki consumption/stun
With each hit, your ki consumption is doubled(placeholder) and your opponent will take less stun time. Let's say Player 1 has a total of 100 Ki.
Example:
Player one kicks his opponent into the ceiling, consuming 10 ki. His opponent takes the divided damage of the ceilng and falls back into another devistating kick, but this time Player 1 consumes 20 ki and his opponent will recover faster. If the ceiling hit is successful and Player one can hit him again, this time it will take 40 ki and your opponent will recover extremely fast. This leaves you with 30 ki (without calculating the amount of ki it took you to catch the opponent, and the probablity of the attacker recharging between hits) to fend off your angered opponent.

Reason for this system:
This system is designed to allow bigger and cooler simple melee combo's like in previous versions, but balancing them so they aren't abused. The increased ki consumption would force the attacker to decide whether a prolonged simple melee combo would be worth losing your ki for the declining amount of damage. Also with the reduced stun time, you have the risk of not being able to hit your opponent in time before they recover and being caught with low ki a.k.a your pants down. Obviously as mentioned above all of the numbers used here are placeholders just so I could make an example for better understanding. I think a less extreme number would do better, but this just makes all of the calculations easy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom