Surgery in two days...scared like hell...

Whou would win?

• Uncover Bunker

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tie

• Star Wars Kid

• Total voters
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Someone else I know had surgery not too long ago, and she was also afraid. The docter prescribed her a medicine that makes you relax a lot (you will nearly fall asleep), after she took it, she was so sleepy that they just used some gas and she can't even remember it. So if you can get some of that medicine, maybe it can help you relax a bit before surgery, so you don't have to be scared for the gasmask.

~Gurbir~
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Someone else I know had surgery not too long ago, and she was also afraid. The docter prescribed her a medicine that makes you relax a lot (you will nearly fall asleep), after she took it, she was so sleepy that they just used some gas and she can't even remember it. So if you can get some of that medicine, maybe it can help you relax a bit before surgery, so you don't have to be scared for the gasmask.
That "medicine" was probably valium.....

That's what they gave me + IV, when
I had all four of my wisdom teeth taken out in one shot(about 8yrs ago), afterwards you couldnt even tell I had anything done, no swelling, bruising or pain at all. Although the pain may have been taken care of by the T3s.

It did bleed a bit though had to keep a bunch of gause in my mouth for few days and I couldnt participate in PE class for a couple of days. Eating was also abit difficult but not for long.

One of my brothers also had his wisdom teeth taken out, he was pretty swelled and bruised, lasted about a week.

From what iv seen everyone has different effects after having their wisdom teeth pulled out, so it could go either way but Im sure it wont trouble you too much.

Dont worry about, consider what would happen if you didnt go through with it.

Best answers
now testicle sugerys, SUCK i never thought i would put an icepack on my balls and have it feel AWSOME.

what really sucked is i had a chance to become sterile in one testiclewasint fun...

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
they are just teeth. it's not like you're having any major organs stitched up or anything.

be a man ffs.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm 17, I'm not obligated to be a man just yet :p.

Anyway, I woke up this morning with some relieving news...my appointment was rescheduled till after I'm done with summer school. So yay...here I was all worked up and ready for this thing tomorrow morning... Blehhh, was kinda pissed and happy at the same time, I wanted to get it over with but kinda glad its not right after I got out of school and right before summer school.

Best answers
I'm 17, I'm not obligated to be a man just yet :p.

Anyway, I woke up this morning with some relieving news...my appointment was rescheduled till after I'm done with summer school. So yay...here I was all worked up and ready for this thing tomorrow morning... Blehhh, was kinda pissed and happy at the same time, I wanted to get it over with but kinda glad its not right after I got out of school and right before summer school.
hehe. dude, when it goes down you'll be fine. If I can go through a 10 hour spinal fusion you can do a 45min to 1 hour wisdom teeth pull :D.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
its not like your going to be awake while they break your teeth out of your jaw and you can feel it snap and hear it.

your gonna be all drugged out for like 2 days anyway enix.

worst thing that could happen is that a broken tooth shard is left in one of the holes and starts to cut you after you leave.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ja, well it's not the surgery that bothers me at all, they can do whatever the **** they want to do while I'm asleep, it's the going to sleep part that scares me :(. When I went to got have my tonsils out I knew they were going to either be cutting a chunk of something out of my throat or dissolving something in my throat, but it was the fact that I had to be forcefully put to sleep that was bugging me.

@Tsunami: oh man, what was that like? not sure what they do during something like that, but it sounds painful, and dangerous :(.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

i guess the worst thing that could happen is that you get molested

Best answers
@Tsunami: oh man, what was that like? not sure what they do during something like that, but it sounds painful, and dangerous :(.

Spinal fusion is a "welding" process by which two or more of the small bones (vertebrae) that make up the spinal column are fused together with bone grafts and internal devices such as metal rods to heal into a single solid bone. The surgery eliminates motion between vertebrae segments, which may be desirable when motion is the cause of significant pain. It also stops the progress of a spinal deformity such as scoliosis. A spinal fusion takes away some of the patient's spinal flexibility.

Thats what I had done. A metal rod connects to my left hip, goes along my spine (with smaller rods going into each vertebrae to hold it in place), goes just beneath my neck. loops over and down the right side into my right hip.

Sounds painful, but it wasn't too bad. I wasn't scared at all even knowing if someone screwed up I'd be paralyzed. :D

Sound Artist
Best answers
Some things to keep in mind, the more drugs you take for the pain, the longer it's going to take to heal. That being said, i had all four taken out on the same day, i don't smoke but i ended up getting dry sockets in all four. Which is basically extreme bleeding and throbbing pain. My advise, get some novicane and be done with it, and eat well before because my friend, you won't be doing much for it for awhile. Expect to be out of commission(at least from work) for a week. Any strenuous activities will make the bleeding, and pain much worse.

Best answers
Ha those bloody dentists always giving you pain. Its nothing really i had 9 teeth taken out (not all at the same time) its really nothing. HAHA even my thumb which i jared into some guys ribs today in oz tag is more painfull then teeth pulling.

I also had my tonsils taken out when i was about 4 or so i was at home one day then my parents toke me to hospital and i was like wtf and i stayed for about a week. I remember when i was in surgery they took me in and i was on the bed the put the mask on me and asked that i count to ten i got too about 3 and was out.

Mate you'll be right and if its any concellation i'll pray for a nice and easy surgery for you :laff:

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Getting wisdom teeth out is a breeze. I had 4 impacted at 45 degrees against my 2nd molars (one of the worst case scenarios). You're in a fuzz for a few days from the pain meds and that's about it. Very easy. More annoying than anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom