Supreme Commander 2

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
While not technically Supreme Commander 2, there's going to be a new standalone game in the Supreme Commander universe, titled Supreme Commander: Forged alliance. I think this is the same thing which happened to Company of Heroes, the game didn't sell enough copies to warrant an expansion so they just released a stand alone game.

Anyway, the game's going to have 100 new units such as "fully realised navies, orbital weaponry and advanced counter-intelligence technologies.", a new race (judging from the title, aliens, probably the same ones the Aeon befriended). Release date in November.

Discuss :)

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=78615

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
More units is really a must, from playing the beta I now that IMO there wasn't enough unit diversity in the game.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The race the Aeon befriended? The Seraphim? Weren't they all killed?

Anyway, orbital weaponry? I'm game.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This game has always struggled with a lack of diversity of factions and balance. More units will hopefully help the diversity, but they are going to have one hell of a time getting things balanced. The faction diversity also can't be the kind of thing that overpowers one faction on certain maps, but does enough to make each faction play differently. As it stands, you can switch from Cybran to Aeon, and the only thing to get used to is the fact that certain units aren't as strong while others are stronger... their roles are all the same. The only real diversity comes at T4, with the experimental units, but even then, the Aeon get ****ed because their experimentals don't move fast enough to reach the enemy's base before being destroyed, while the UEF have long range battleship guns on their mobile factory, which can take out other experimentals from a distance. Diverse, but not balanced.

Revised navies are also a must. Right now, the most effective means, by far, of taking out your opponent's navy is to simply build a ton of T1 subs. They can take out many times their mass in ships, many of which can't even fire back.

The efficiency of mass fabrication, the low power requirements for shields that can be assisted to strengthen them, and the fact that turrets can fire without cost once built make it entirely too easy to just build defenses and not have to really expand outside your base. Map control simply is not important enough in the game compared to advancing up the tech tree.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, that bugged me too. It's too easy to fight ships with subs. And the only ships that are able to defend against subs cost too much time and resources to build.

The Galactic Colossus is also way overpowered, rofl. Which is why I use it all the time.

It can survive a nuke at point blank range. o_O

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The race the Aeon befriended? The Seraphim? Weren't they all killed?

Anyway, orbital weaponry? I'm game.
I'm just speculating, but I wouldn't be surprised if that wasn't the seraphim's home world. The new race should definitely be alien though, judging from the ending of the game as well as the title Forged Alliance

And yeah, balancing an additional 100 + units will be a *****.

Edit: New race is the seraphim
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy...topslot;title;2&om_act=convert&om_clk=topslot

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom