Suggestion

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Well ive been thinking about this game......i was actually thinking about the camera commands....

and i think that ....cam_idealdist shouldnt exist anymore...or be limited to 100 and thats all....some kind of cameras like 200+ give lots of advantage and many ppl dont know this command ,, also delete all those cam_xoffset zoffset...etc...

i say this because those camera sucks for me...and i dont want to fight some1 who can see everyone and not like me that i have to study where they will go or look in the radar...those are the unfair advantages that i do not like
I used those cameras before ..now i use default one...40 xD

Well i think its a good idea...think about it >.>

Shinze XD

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well you can adjust the camera distance on the fly using K & I, rotation using J & L, and return it to normal by hitting Home. You dont need to use console commands as they are binded to keys by default.

If you arent aware of this then youre guilty of not reading the key configuration, something everyone should do when running a game.

It doesnt add much of an advantage having a far camera imo, in fact i think what you gain in peripheral vision you lose in depth perception/accuracy, but thats just me. You should be using your radar and instincts in any case.
"It takes more than eyesight and a strong arm to be a warrior."

The camera control is more for ergonomics and testing. Its not rocket science to think that the comfortable player outperforms the uncomfortable one. It also aids in viewing/testing models and sprites from all angles or just for fun screenshots.

For a while i actually set my camera so it was off centre on the X axis, kinda like the Tenkaichi perspective when you lock on. Was difficult to adjust to, but it soon became second nature and was quite fun. The freedom to mess with things like this should be kept.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Im against the idea of loosing idealdist. Im a 100 type but still its unfair.

You got 2 people who use the distance 40. The guy with the bigger resolution in fact sees more of the map. And that leaves a dissadvantage to the guy with the smaller resolution.

The X and Y offset should go. But the Z offset is needed at times. Remember the Brolly model pack from GG and Kama? When you transform with that model you dont see a thing cause hes to big. So you have to move the camera up. So that command isnt all bad.

If you want to get rid of an anoying command then get rid of default_fov

As for you playing with 40. Thats your choice. I myself play without the radar so should i whine about removing the scouter now?

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
just limit the idealdist to 100 or 120 no more than that

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Remember, if they have a wide field of vision, everything is smaller to them. This means that they can miss smaller details such as those darn sensus. It also makes the game look less pretty. Who wants to watch ants fly around the screen?

I agree with Grega, some models (even the Frieza 2nd form) are pretty hard to see past without the Z offset.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why? You want to cripple the people with a lower resolution?

A higher resolution makes you see more than a lower resolution. So this would automatically give the advantage to the person with a higher resolution.

I say we put the info on the command into the readme/manual. That way everyone has the same knowledge. But they have to read the readme/manual.

This way its their own fault if they dont know it.

Back from the shadows
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I just use the K key to zoom out about as much as it can handle...
im not sure about the values though.. do the console commands allow you to go beyond the "K key" limit?

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I just use the K key to zoom out about as much as it can handle...
im not sure about the values though.. do the console commands allow you to go beyond the "K key" limit?
I don't think so, the K key's just a way of doing it without accessing the console. Same result and method, different buttons :).

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't think so, the K key's just a way of doing it without accessing the console. Same result and method, different buttons :).
No.

K zooms out up to a point, but the console will zoom you out as much as you'd like.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
K zooms up to 100. With the console you can go beyond that ^^

Back from the shadows
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Well Ill be...

100 is good for me though.. and for anybody else who appreciates eye candy eh?

thanks for the reply. <3

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
I've said it before, and i'll say it again =O~!~!~

I think the camera view should be exactly the same for all players.

BUT the catch is.. it should also by DYNAMIC..

as in the camera zooms in and out and moves around "automatically" depending on the player's situation.

Back from the shadows
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I can recall the Silent Hill camera being like that.
Don't know if its possible with this engine..
unless of course you would like to code it yourself.. type away ;)

There has to be a limit between far fetched and practical.
This would definetely add a lot more "movie" like angles and what not,
but 1.2 already made me dizzy with a still camera angle.. imagine adding constant movement of the camera to the mix.. and screen shaking on certain occations.

Ill pass.. although idk what others would think :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom