Suggest me nice PC

1.21 Gigawatts!
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I didn't put one in as i didn't know if he needed a PSU or not, if his computer is 8 years old, i can't imagine it's PSU being able to run your build :)
a 350W good brand PSU can pritty much run it. Those budget ones from spire power 400w should be good, since they are rated lower.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
a 350W good brand PSU can pritty much run it. Those budget ones from spire power 400w should be good, since they are rated lower.
I understand that, however his PSU is most likely 200W-300W. With your build he won't be able to run it due to this until he buys a new PSU, with mine he can buy it now, install it and still use his PC while saving up for a graphics card.

1.21 Gigawatts!
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
understandable but he will need to get Graphic card and Case than, his build will be more closer to 400€ than.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I understand that, however his PSU is most likely 200W-300W. With your build he won't be able to run it due to this until he buys a new PSU, with mine he can buy it now, install it and still use his PC while saving up for a graphics card.
This is my PSU model:
M802512M
So i dont think that i will be in need for new PSU, also , i am not looking for best PC on the market , im just looking for nice PC that can run like
skyrim(without needing to download shadermodel 3.0 fix)
New Elder Scrolls Online coming out
Dishonored
TERA
Spec Ops
Run FB without lag maybe?
And thats about it, also , i saved 300euros by not eating at school , which is kinda the only way i get some cash from my parents.
And here , prices are owning , atleast 20%-30% more costy.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Than it all kinda depends on what resolution you want to game.
Doubt a gt630 can run skyrim on high@1080p.

Searching the internet i saw that a gt630 could handle most games @720p though.
Be it med or high settings. Forget about ultra lol.
Also forget about 1080p gaming.

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Forget 1080p. It's not even worth it unless you have a giant display (or a TV). Most games look good at 720p, anyway.

The very best there is.
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
That's not your PSU model. That's the fan. ;)
Somewhere on the PSU, there's a label detailing the specs. This is the information we need.

1.21 Gigawatts!
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
If you already have a already decent PSU than the build i mention in the previous post, will be good enogh and pritty much on spot with your budget 300€.
Also the 6670 GDDR5 version (dont get DDR3) will perform better than 630gt. Still the 6670 wont run smooth with everything maxed on 1080p screen. I guess thats the compromise you have to take considering your budget.

There is probobly ways of getting it even cheaper with 2nd hand stuff... like ebay, used stuff.. maybe if there is a still decent 2nd hand graphic card for cheap that wasn't totally wasted, you could look into it. Maybe something like GTS 450 or amd 7770, just becuase it's used stuff dosent always means it's bad :)

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
If you already have a already decent PSU than the build i mention in the previous post, will be good enogh and pritty much on spot with your budget 300€.
Also the 6670 GDDR5 version (dont get DDR3) will perform better than 630gt. Still the 6670 wont run smooth with everything maxed on 1080p screen. I guess thats the compromise you have to take considering your budget.

There is probobly ways of getting it even cheaper with 2nd hand stuff... like ebay, used stuff.. maybe if there is a still decent 2nd hand graphic card for cheap that wasn't totally wasted, you could look into it. Maybe something like GTS 450 or amd 7770, just becuase it's used stuff dosent always means it's bad :)
yeah i know
Also , i got square monitor:
MultiSync LCD1970Nxp
its NEC`s monitor 1280x1024 :p

Best answers
What fuzzy said.

But if you really, really, really what it right now that you cant wait....

This:
View attachment 1949
AMD Phenom II X4 965 - 3.4 Ghz AM3 Black Edition
:notice: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...act_title_5?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

Or this:
AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition
:notice: http://www.amazon.co.uk/AMD-Phenom-...15?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1359465783&sr=1-15

Whatever is cheaper in your country.

This mobo:
View attachment 1950
Asus M5A78L-M/USB3 Motherboard (Socket AM3+, Up to 16GB DDR3, USB 3.0, uATX)
:notice: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...act_title_4?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

n' That (no need for 8gb of ram 4 is just enogh, but if you can get 8gb of ram for pritty much same price by all means go for it):
View attachment 1951
Corsair XMS3 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3 SDRAM Memory
:notice: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...act_title_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1D873RMPMIV2C

This too:
View attachment 1952
WD Caviar Green 500GB SATA III 6 GB/s
:notice: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

6670 GDDR5 will beat 630gt GDDR3:
View attachment 1953
Asus AMD Radeon HD 6670 Graphics Card (1GB, PCI-Express, GDDR5, Dust-proof Fan)
:notice: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

Total: £245.43 / 287.33 Euro

Your left with 12.67€ hopefully you can add a bit more for a case (I know spirepower cases with psu are pritty cheap i had one, not to shabby for really low budget)

With that mobo you can always upgrade to something more in life. With that being said this build wont run BF3 maxed out 1920x1080. You will probobly have to lower some settings to medium or low, sorry but 300€ is just not enogh for everything maxed out.

Not really, higher technology is acctually more expensive in poorer countries. For example where i live computer parts are 20-30%
more expensive than that in US. Back in the day when GTX 460 was popular in US it was around 170$ here it was 200-220$
Computer parts that were latest thing in US a two years ago and have lowered prices in poorer countries is still considered top end and still have the same prices.
I'd go for an Asrock mobo instead of Asus if you're on a tight budget.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
tech

MSI 870a-g54
AMD Athlon 2 x2 260
8gb DDR3-2133mhz
MSI GTX280

This costed me less then 300 and i can play everything i want on high or max settings ;)

Gr

Only go forward sideways
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
MSI 870a-g54
AMD Athlon 2 x2 260
8gb DDR3-2133mhz
MSI GTX280

This costed me less then 300 and i can play everything i want on high or max settings ;)

Gr
Not bad.
tumblr_lltzgnHi5F1qzib3wo1_400.jpg

Could do without the 8GB of RAM and invest in a SATA HDD. How about Second Hand parts? You could get some decent ones that would normally cost double! It's a risk, but you got to risk it to get the biscuit :p.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
I have 3 HDD's , 2 x 160GB in raid 0( boot disk ) , and 1 x 1TB for games and such

8GB ddr3 is so cheap !!! ddr1 and ddr2 are way more expensive...
So better have more then neccesary ;) is always good.

Second hands ... i would suggest only take graphic card second hand and i will tell u why ....
For example the geforce 8800 series can be baked in oven when it dies ;)
There are loads more stuff that can be repaired like that , the only thing is that it can break again , then u have to bake it again.

Always apply new thermal paste when youve baked , always double check the heat pads ;)

1.21 Gigawatts!
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I have 3 HDD's , 2 x 160GB in raid 0( boot disk ) , and 1 x 1TB for games and such

8GB ddr3 is so cheap !!! ddr1 and ddr2 are way more expensive...
So better have more then neccesary ;) is always good.

Second hands ... i would suggest only take graphic card second hand and i will tell u why ....
For example the geforce 8800 series can be baked in oven when it dies ;)
There are loads more stuff that can be repaired like that , the only thing is that it can break again , then u have to bake it again.

Always apply new thermal paste when youve baked , always double check the heat pads ;)
You can't just fix GPU with baking when it dies... Thats only when solder connections on GPU are detached. You can use that amateur method... that will likely mess up your graphic card even more. It will work if the problem is only soldering. But if your capacitor is blowed up or chip gone bad.... NO baking, rosting, cooking, frying will help you. :laff:

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
First of all , the HTX280 i am running on now, is baked , i have my own method of baking wich i wont share , but i did it like 7 months ago and it is still running.
Second , IF any capicitors blow , they were crap from the beginning and theres nothing you can do about it.
Third , IF you solder it and it has a crap capicitor , it will die soon after the soldering ( wont last the 7 months i have mine now )
Fourth , i paid ( in euro ) 20,75 for 3 of these videocards i have ( GTX280 ) , i mine case all three are still running so thats good for me ; but if one dies i simply take the other. if they all die i have only spend little and have it easy for buying another.

All my baked cards are cooler after fixing and do not show any sign of "messed" up picture , video playback or whatsoever.
This saves me a little cash, and i got some time spending ( rest of my machine is all new ) since i dont have allot of cash anymore cuz of crisis etc.

Dont do this if you dont like spending a little time on it when it breaks, but since i find it kinda fun to mess arround with , its no biggie to me.
I also Overclock these cards like crazy... ( i reapply cool paste after fixing ) and they cool even better.

1.21 Gigawatts!
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Baking the gpu will only help you if you have soldiering problems betwen the chips and heat helps them to reattach. Tough some people wer doing that and reported that it worked for a shortwhile and gpu was giving them problems. Baking wont help you for example if something else went wrong with it, like if you get a blowned up capacitor. Just saying in a non-hostile way :)

Since you paid them so low and got a bunch of them you aren't really worried about messing them up :p

--- edit ---

Baking the gpu will only help you if you have soldiering problems betwen the chips and heat helps them to reattach. Tough some people wer doing that and reported that it worked for a shortwhile and gpu was giving them problems. Baking wont help you for example if something else went wrong with it, like if you get a blowned up capacitor. Just saying in a non-hostile way :)

Since you paid them so low and got a bunch of them you aren't really worried about messing them up :p

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Basicly the following is what happens to graphic cards ( not every single one but je majority )
Since they are soldered non lead ( ROHS ) all of the graphic cards will get the soldering problem because they heat up , and cool down, eventually the soldering breaks.
Every card can be baked ( just find the right way to do it ;) ) ALWAYS and i mean ALWAYS re apply thermal paste and cooling pads.
When reassembling put pressure on the card when screwing the screws back, alway start from the middle to the side.

I never had problems with my baked cards , i even resell them ( always telling that they are baked ) and none of them has ever been returned, and they are kicking for over a year now.

And as i said before , the low cost, makes it more acceptable because i simply buy other ones.

Because this guy here asked suggest a nice Rig and wants to surpress the cost , i think this is a nice way if you want to spend a little time.

The very best there is.
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Of course you can bake any card. It just won't fix any problem, on the contrary. You can't just magically fix any graphics card this way.
Well, anyway, you at least got a relatively decent setup. I just hope your PSU is up for it, or the fun won't last long. You still haven't posted the specs, after all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom