Submissions/Hold

What do you think about submissions or holds in ESF?

• It's an excellent idea that should be in soon.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It a good idea that should be in sometime in the future.

• Only some of it is good/ Average idea

• This idea should never be put in/ Bad idea

• NEEDS MORE THINKING

• I don't care if it's put in or not

• Total voters
Best answers
There have been similar suggestions like this, but I'm sure there arn't any that are exactly like this. I think if you sneak behind someone, you can perform a submission attack. Every character would have a different submission. Freeza or cell would wrap their tail, Vegeta could hold the person's arms back like he did you Dodoria, Goku could hold ect. When you hold someone in a submission, the person loses hp every second. The bigger the difference in power level, the more hp you lose per second. So if someone that was very weak put a submission on a strong guy, it won't damage him that much. The person that's doing the submission loses ki though, but the person that's being held gains ki. You should really just do this if you know your enemy is low on ki.
There are 4 main ways to escape the hold.

1. The person that's doing the submission runs out of ki
2. The person being held gains full ki
3. The person being held dies
4. A teammate or someone interferes

Since now if you melee someone they get stunned, instead of performing a combo or a throw, you should also be able to perform a hold. Now, you may ask what's really the use of a hold? Well if your playing with teams, someone could perform a submission on an enemy. Your teammate could either just blast the person while he's being held, OR perform a combo on him. The person being held will have no way of blocking the combo unless first he escapes the hold. This would encourage teammwork. Imagine getting freebee punches and kicks on a helpless guy :) You could also put submissions on people who are charging, or shooting a beam, or people in a power struggle, or block struggle, or someone performing a combo on somone else.

Here's another thing about submissions. As the person being held draws nearer to escape, he will start wiggling trying to get lose, then he'll be able to move around. Once he's able to move around, he'll be able to crush the person that's holding him against a wall, ground, or cieling. Doing this, will make the process of escaping faster.

While your putting someone in a submission, you should hear the person screaming, choking, or asking for mercy. If your pl is high enough, you should be able to transform while your being held. Also if you try to put a submission on someone and you miss because they moved or you just suck, there should be a slight pause before you can move. So you should only perform this movement when your confident you'll get the guy.

In conclusion, this would put more excitement in the game. It was done many times in the show. I can name at least 5. Gives you more choices after you melee someone. I don't see how this can be abused, esf maps are huge and you don't really travel from one end of the map to the other just to put a submission on someone. If it's made properly with maybe a few improvements of what I just said, it should be balanced and make the game better.

Best answers
Shouldnt be able to transform when youre being held. And if you lose the submission, you should be stunned. I like it, no problems (YET! :O)

Best answers
Hmmm, what if you could charge up some attack meter and fly really fast towards the ground only to chuck them right into the ground like they do in the show? Overall I do like the idea....

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
this sounds like the current auto punching for me ... just another visual think and a few changes ... so it's useless

it also would be unfair for weaker guy to get killed by one holding

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Huh, I actually like this idea. The only problems I see with submission holds are their lack of use in DBZ and people who would complain that it would just slow melee down more than the current 1.2 melee system by itself. I could see a potential for submission holds but as Nretep said it would be too easy to abuse. If you could come up with a better system than using power level as the main determinant of ability you might have something there.

Best answers
Its ****ing good I like it alot !!!
but i think it should use another attack and give cell the abillity to absorve ki slowly whail he do it

even if it will unbalance it a little but it will be extra cool

Best answers
I don't see how this is even close to auto punching other than they are both close range attacks. Nothing like it.

Submissions were used many times in the show
1. Goku holding Raditz
2. Vegeta holding Dodoria's aarm
3. Freeza wraping his tale on Goku
4. Trunks(small) holding Goten
5. Buu used his body parts on Vegeta

Best answers
Yeah, this is nothing like auto punching. Autopunching is just automatically hitting somone up close. A weak person will not get killed by 1 hold unless he has no ki what so ever. If a strong guy puts a submission on a weak person with lots of ki, he will easily escape or crush the guy holding him against something.

PL only determines the damage like how it is for everything right now. Remember, damaging someone with a beam already gives you pl. So if a weak guy grabs onto a strong guy, even if it last for just 3 seconds, it still benefits the weak guy. I don't see how pl is something to complain about. It's logical, strong people have the advantage. However esf is designed so that weak people can easily catch up in power level. It won't really slow things down and look boring. As I said, as someone gets closer to escaping, he'll be able to move around causing damage on the guy that holding him. This will allow lots of pounding and smashing against walls and grounds.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
is it something like Picollo did to Frieza(FORM2)
when he hold(/Grabbed) him and let him fall...?

BTW - then he said : "and for good mesure..." did the
2nd attack of vegeta in ESF to Frieza
I think its called rezonku...
( all of that occured Right before he changed to form 3...)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i like the idea, but i think the player that is being held should be able to have a new button

if u tap that button he will go push the other dude, give him some punches what ever to get free on the cost of KI, the other dude that gets hit will lose some KI or HP, this should be combinated with the new melee system

after auto punching u should be able to do combos (primary fire) trow (secondary fire) or hold (block button)

would be a really nice adtion (what ever my english aint good) for ESF

Best answers
Well miki, this idea is kind of like what picollo did to frieza form 2 but not really.
Only that the persom that performed the submission doesn't fall down with the guy he''s holding. However, the counter of the person that's being held can do something similar to that.

Mystic~shadow, your bring up a good point but you don't need a new botten. The way that someoone can struggle out is if the person being held keeps pressing mouse 1 or 2. But what your saying about auto punching is pretty dumb. Combos can only be performed when the person is stunned.

Best answers
Yo this is cool idea!!!!!
I have one question though, what exactly happens if someone has someone else in a submission and then another person melees. Who gets hurt or what happens, do they both get stunned?

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
you think I should open a new thread about that thing picollo did to Frieza?
or your thread will deal with that too?

its a really great Idea!!!
both yours and that part I found to add to ESF... baahh

I VOTE YES!

Best answers
Awsome idea man. The more I think about it, the more times I remember seeing a submission or a hold in the show. Piccollo held nappa waiting for Gohan to attack, Jace held Goku waiting for Ginyu to attack but Ginyu told him not to interfere, and Dr. Gero put a choke on Yamcha, but that's not really a submission.

Best answers
Great idea!!!! :yes:

There have been many hold threads in the past, but I think this one is the best. Especially now since there is now advance melee. That double teaming you said is cool. Being able to perform a combo on a person that's being held is fun.

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's not a bad idea, but the holding someone down while your teammate slaughters them is kinda... I dunno, people complain about 2 on 1's, imagine being held down and getting a relentless beating without being able to defend yourself. Not too fun, eh?
Also, how will this move be executed? If the execution is a pain in the ass it won't work out too well either.

Best answers
If someone interferes a submission, they simply just split apart.

Well if your being doubled team, tough luck! too bad!

Besides the chances of being double teamed is quite low. First you'd have to let someone sneak begind and put you in a submission, then someone else has to charge a combo on you which takes about 4 seconds or something. This won't happen that much in a free for all. I would rather just shoot a beam and kill both of them rather then double team and help the other guy. Why get 1 kill when you can get 2?

But if it's a team game, usually the teams are quite even, or at least it's suppose to. If your being double teammed, then all that means is that your teammates arn't helping out. So if your getting double team, that means the other team is working together. It's fair, you can double on someone, they can double team on you.

Also how this move will get executed, that's up to the team to decide. There's so many ways to make it easy. All you need is to press 1 botten to this.

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Farago said:
If someone interferes a submission, they simply just split apart.

Well if your being doubled team, tough luck! too bad!

Besides the chances of being double teamed is quite low. First you'd have to let someone sneak begind and put you in a submission, then someone else has to charge a combo on you which takes about 4 seconds or something. This won't happen that much in a free for all. I would rather just shoot a beam and kill both of them rather then double team and help the other guy. Why get 1 kill when you can get 2?

But if it's a team game, usually the teams are quite even, or at least it's suppose to. If your being double teammed, then all that means is that your teammates arn't helping out. So if your getting double team, that means the other team is working together. It's fair, you can double on someone, they can double team on you.

Also how this move will get executed, that's up to the team to decide. There's so many ways to make it easy. All you need is to press 1 botten to this.
1) If you're being double teamed, tough luck? Yeah, tell that to the people on the servers. Being double teamed is usually never fun (unless you're significantly better then the oppenents). I don't think we should be encouraging double teaming by holding down the enemy.
2) I don't think the chances of being double teamed are too low. Lets say 2 people are already chasing a guy. One person would just have to go behind enemy while he's distracted, grab him, then get the other guy to pummel the living **** out of him.
3) It wont be useful in free for all then? So then why even use it if it keeps you open? I don't want to sit there and get blown up by your beam, expecially when the attack only does several points of damage.
4) Even if the teams are even, there is always double teaming. Some people just hide, other people just suck and they just want to get easy kills. And regardless, the teams are uneven a lot of the time.
5) Yeah, let's just so and so, it has all these l33t features! "Uh, so, how do you do it?" - "Oh, i don't know. Ah, let's leave it up to the team to decide." If you're going to suggest an idea follow through with it and complete it, don't leave it up to someone else to decide how it should be done. The hardest part would be implementing it correctly so it doesnt hinder the game. It's like melee, anyone can say "Yeah, do a lot of cool moves that looks dbz like", but it takes awhile to think how the user will actually input those commands.

Best answers
I was just thinking. Frieza is able to breathe in out space right, well wouldn't he be able breathe under water? If so, the Submission would work even better for Frieza since he could stay under water while he's wraping someone with his tail who's also having trouble breathing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom