Stylizing a city's map for gaming purposes

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This might be a long shot, but maybe someone has an idea about it. So here I go:

Does anyone know any tutorials or have any tips about reducing a city's map size to fit in a game (let's say TES III)?
What i'm trying to do is to recreate several cities within the Morrowind map for a total conversion. The cities will be larger in size than the ones in Morrowind, considering it's gonna be set in modern days and the action will be mostly city bound.
I'm looking for idea on how to keep a city to a reasonable size and at the same time keeping it's feeling.

I'm open to any idea, as long as it isn't retarded.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
just think about how a city would develop over time? what new districts would be introduced? maybe they needed to expand the trade quarter, or the docks?

those kind of thought processes will help you =]

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh, I forgot to explain:
It's a mod about Gehenna, the end of the world in Vampire the Masquerade culture. By recreating cities i meant real world cities, like NYC, Los Angeles, Bucharest :p and several other ones around the globe.
So, when i was talking about stylizing cities, i meant removing parts and at the same time keeping the same specific atmosphere, so the player knows he is in a particular part of the city/neighborhood.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
so then if you're making new york, remember the specific landmarks, Times Square etc.

model everything as it is NOW, then break things down, decay buildings as if they're uncared for, when you're texturing, make everything look like it does now, then darken everything down a little, use lighting effectively by giving it whatever hue you need to make it look downtrodden (also remember you can create shadows by giving light a negative value).

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
Best answers
and don't forget nigers oh yeah that was retarded -_-

Renember to make landmarks in right positions to them self at rest of the city u can allways improvise also u should make a bar called "Under Cypeq's nose" ;-)

Force Pit Member
Best answers
for easy reference you could use the ps2 spiderman games (as long as I know) the later one(movie based versions) had free roam and there were the landmarks, it might help u.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom