story mode/saga mode

Proud owner of ESF:Final
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
esf would be mmuch cooler if te game has a story mode with co-op or something because its boring to see that every dragonball mod has the same feature just fight

so what you guys think to have a story mode for each saga with co-op feature?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You fail. You haven't read Rules nor FAQ...
I'll save you some time... There will never be a story mode. And usually the next question is "What will the team do after they finish the game?"... No they won't make ESF 1.4. They won't make anything DBZ Related :) They might fall apart and all that crap. So... :)

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
You fail. You haven't read Rules nor FAQ...
I'll save you some time... There will never be a story mode. And usually the next question is "What will the team do after they finish the game?"... No they won't make ESF 1.4. They won't make anything DBZ Related :) They might fall apart and all that crap. So... :)
No need to be rude Painkiller.

filipe, like Painkiller said. There won't be any singleplayer content, the whole mod will be multi-player. Adding single-player content would be too much work.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ESF is pretty much a multiplayer experience, similar to retail games like Quake 3 Arena and Enemy Territory. I personally feel that ESF remains enjoyable due to the unpredictability of opponents, it's not always possible to read people.

Whilst I'm sure everyone would be happy with a singleplayer mode, asides from the team (it'd be a lot of work), most people would only play it once or twice at most, leaving it as a tacked on novelty. Due to the large number of options in ESF, bots get awfully confused and need to be told what to do, making them predictable. Of course it's possible to up their reaction speed and fluidity but it makes it akin to fighting an aimbot. Which from experience is no fun at all.

Again, I'd like to mention the workload. Reliving saga's requires models, maps, dialogue and coding. Along witha lot of time. Characters who didn't appear in ESF would either have to be made from scratch or omitted. Imagine jumping straight into a fight with Vegeta, only to have your next task fighting the Ginyu Force. Another issue is that most "levels" would either be protecting brain-dead bots, getting kills or reaching a certain PL. Which could get boring a few levels in.

On paper it's a nice idea, the main problem is that it'd require far too much work to be worth it.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
sorry didnt know it would bejust something new for a mod getting a story mode ^^

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
There are a lot of mods with a story line (Not refering to DBZ). Anyway, I didn't mean to be rude. Sorry, dude :S
no problem il notice it that il read the faw next time and it was just an suggestion

P.S i already know that esf will finish the project because i think they already reachend engine limits from half-life or something i dont know much about it

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
This can always be done by 3rd party's with the help of AMXX. Might be wrong but I remember for sure a team was working on this a while back, was it RAD?

Speaking of the team not continuing ESF after 1.3 what will happen after? Will the community get the source code? Will the team look for a new batch of developers to wich they will let the source code as legacy? Will they let ESF as it is and not release the code and the only way we could modify ESF more would be AMXX?

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
this reminds me like in the bid for power forums 4 years ago ^^(bfp loser game dont vote for it)

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I doubt you will be able to modify the Final ESF. Our systems can be to much for AMXX and metamod to handle. Remember we are bypassing many of the HL standard functions.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think the only one you could probably do this with would be ESF 1.3: OB, and ESF 1.2.3.

We did it a long time ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom