Store your power

Best answers
Anyone ever play the Warcraft 3 mod for counter-strike...

most servers that have that mod somehow keep track of your experience level and the skills you've chosen, even when maps change and amazingly even when you leave the server and come back say next week...

It would be funner if you could do this in ESF ... so seeing a supersaiyan or something would be like hey that guy must play a lot...

I know your thinkin but wont this lead to unbalances??? no.. you can kill a super saiyan when you join a server now cant you?

although the only problem i can think of .. is the powerful attacks like kamehameha and final flash when someones got a lotta pl engulf the map and *** the game.. thats usually when the map either changes or i leave the game.. If you could tone that down or something then there wouldnt be a problem..

anyways yeah i just thought it was a good idea

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Do you have a link to this Warcraft III mod for CS? It sounds interesting...
Anyways, I don't think they would do that on ESF. That would make it more like an RPG, and it would be really unbalenced. You would have people who play all day with maxed out PLs Kamehameha spamming servers with people that just started.

Best answers
sounds like a idea brewing....^.^

ps. yeah post that link up plz im a big fan of warcraft and wanna see what is "mod" is like

Best answers
If your experience follows you from server to server, your info is probably stored client-side, which means it's open to editing/hacking.

1. Would you like to join a bunch of "newbies" who suddenly have experience that requires 30 hours of playing time?

2. The only thing the experience currently gains you is powerlevel (towards transformations, which in turn unlock 1 new ability), so to make this meaningful your progress up the powerlevel ladder would probably need to be slowed. You'd really have to log in the time to progress through each transformation of your character and the game would slow down quite a bit.

3. This could also force people to play as a single character without switching for long periods of time (to build up to a transformation. Even if it didn't, (i.e. if PL was character independent) people could play as characters with lower transformation thresholds to gain additional PL faster.

4. How would PL gained from the Dragonballs figure in?

On the plus side of this idea, I would really care about my character while playing, and REALLY enjoy my transformations once I had gained them. I would also have the proper awe for any high-level transformations I saw take place.

Best answers
hmm lots of intresting thinks to think about there. However i would like to see this warIII mod myself, it sounds intresting but possibly very hackable. unless maby like warIII there is a max level which can be gained very quickly if one trys and joins heaps of battles. i dunno i just want the link to the mod.

Best answers
yes plz post a link i wont to see this mod sounds very intresting, im a big war 3 fan, ne one want to play with me sometime plz IM on AIM s/n = segfed91

Best answers
They should make a admin mod plugin for that, a some kind of RPG style gamestyle.
If the server for example has that admin mod plugin, every player's IP or WonID will be logged in to the plugin and a new account will be created.
So if the account is created and when you pick a character, you can develop that character.

And no offense, CS simply sucks.
Warcraft 3 plugin will be much cooler with DOD or ESF. :D

Best answers
In that mod the information about skills, level, etc.... is stored on the server so if you'd go to another server you would be level 0 again. And it does eventually get erased. Depending on your level the longer you information stays.So the higher the level the longer your stats stay. Also It uses your WON id to keep track of who you are.

here is the website

http://spacedude.games-fed.com/

Best answers
yeah your stuff isnt stored on your own computer so ya cant hack it.. so if they did add this you would have to stick to one server, and I like the idea of people playing with just one character, you would learn how to fight with your character better and i unno its just overrall better

The only thing the experience currently gains you is powerlevel (towards transformations, which in turn unlock 1 new ability), so to make this meaningful your progress up the powerlevel ladder would probably need to be slowed. You'd really have to log in the time to progress through each transformation of your character and the game would slow down quite a bit.
well the more powerlevel you have the stronger your attacks are and the longer you can kick some ass.. but perhaps they should make it to where you learn different attacks at different stages of powerlevels ie. start off with melee, level 1 get those generic beams, 2 get uhh masenko, then 3 kamehameha, so on.. if your gohan anyways... or you could make melee last so as to prevent melee newbs... only the pro's would have it :)

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
8bit-Fighter, do not post links to this or any other mod again. Advertising/linking to other mods is not allowed here. Now, for this thread, please, only talk about the CONCEPT, not the actual Warcraft 3 mod, because that is considered off-topic, and hence is spam in a thread in ESF Chat.

The idea itself has its ups and downs. You would be able to continue fights over an infinite amount of time, gradually gaining more power, making fights more involved, but the downisde is that, eventually, there will very little room for new players to build up their own characters.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, its like playing an Online RPG when your level 99. (Or whatever the RPG's max level is.)
Once you get tired of owning lower level characters, the game is over...

Best answers
pretty soon teh pl gain of some servers will slow down due to the "not gain PL from death cvar" which is optional may i add. The only problem i see right now is the horrible situation as it is with some of the deicated servers.

i.e. the short round times..... i think ill go into detail in another thread since those who need to see this wont...probally...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom