Steel Battalion!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
anyone whos got this awesome piece of mech heaven will be able to agree with me that this is by far the best mech game ever and the best reason to buy an xbox

(though i think its odd that vitzh cost more than the cheap old boom box with its crapy tin foil armor and even crappyer b&w tv...) :rolleyes:

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't understand how you could pay 200$ just to play a mech game.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well i dont understand how u could pay 100$+ for a fancy meal at a fancy resturant when u could just go to mcdonalds and get some food for 2$

Retired
Best answers
nice comparison hib ;)

so is the controller any good? it's like this huge thing right?

Best answers
isn't that, the game with the huge joypad thingie? I thought that was a collecters item...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
controller consits of 4 sections

pedals, left block (containing start up switches, turning, camera movement, and teh shifter) , middle block (weapon switches, reloading, radio, windshield washing, manipulator arm, night vision, and some others), left block (primary and secondary fire, aiming, camera options, start up buttions, and eject)

over all the controller is insanely cool with almost every buttion having an led as well
sertainly doesnt feel shoddy at all

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
two joysticks, a throttle, pedals, and 48 buttons right?... I was going to get it when I got my xbox originally but I didn't have enough money and still haven't. Kind of funny too because the EB people have called my house several times telling me its in, even after I took back my deposite.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hibiki said:
well i dont understand how u could pay 100$+ for a fancy meal at a fancy resturant when u could just go to mcdonalds and get some food for 2$
Because the 100$ food is usually better then the greaasy, 2$ garbage at McDonalds?

:p

From what I've seen, Steel Batallion is complex, but not necessarily good, certainly nothing that merits 200$.

Would you go to a restraunt that served McDonalds food for 100$? Just ran over to the McDonalds and brought the food back?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SailorAlea said:
Because the 100$ food is usually better then the greaasy, 2$ garbage at McDonalds?
same thing

steel battalion is insanely better than any other mech game out there the depth and everything its got its just off the wall

i mean its easyly worth the 200$ tag (i got mine for 125$ used though)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I love mechs. Steel Battalion is my dream game. However, $200 is too steep for my broke ass, especially with no online feature.

Steel Battalion 2!!!! however, would be worth it.

Too bad that buying a console for just 1 great game isn't worth it for me...

Best answers
200$..............................for a game? Sorry hib, it may be a great game but there are no online features to boot with that high price. How old is this game anyway...I hadn't heard about it until just now.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
he meant 200$ for the xbox :p

The game looks sweet, saw my bud play it, I'm not a fan of mechs, but it looked supa dupa!

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No, Magus. The GAME is 200$.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, the actual game is $200. Nothing I'd invest in any game regardless of how good it was. If the price dropped closer to $125-$150 I'd consider it, but it better be as good as you say it is >.> . I don't really see a problem with paying $150 for a game... I've spent about $160 on four games that lasted me about two to two and a half months... Panzer Dragoon Orta was awesome but after beating it 5 or 6 times I was finished. Capcom vs. SNK2 lasted me slightly longer, but Robotech was a waste of cash, and Splinter Cell doesn't have a lot of replay. If this mech thing was good enough to keep me interested for that long I'd pay $150 for it, and it doubles as a novelty item you can show off to friends for a couple of years.

A game that good with online capability would definitely be worth it.

Best answers
$100 meal, $2 meal....big deal, when it ends up in your stomach it all ends up the same. Food you eat.

But as I don't have an X-Box, I have to back this one out. Besides, I barely have any space for a ridiculously large console system. Maybe wait for a month or so. Because if it happens, my brother will end up buying an X-Box (He's a console freak)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sonic Boyster said:
Yeah, the actual game is $200. Nothing I'd invest in any game regardless of how good it was. If the price dropped closer to $125-$150 I'd consider it, but it better be as good as you say it is >.> . I don't really see a problem with paying $150 for a game... I've spent about $160 on four games that lasted me about two to two and a half months... Panzer Dragoon Orta was awesome but after beating it 5 or 6 times I was finished. Capcom vs. SNK2 lasted me slightly longer, but Robotech was a waste of cash, and Splinter Cell doesn't have a lot of replay. If this mech thing was good enough to keep me interested for that long I'd pay $150 for it, and it doubles as a novelty item you can show off to friends for a couple of years.

A game that good with online capability would definitely be worth it.
well used u can easyly get it for 170$

and then if u really want u could get line of contact and play online all u want

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i wouldny pay 200$ to bone carmen electra so i wouldnt bother paying for a game thats worth 2 gamecubes. anyway, if its so good, im sure someone in know should have it, and ill try it out

yea i like mechs, especially zoe2 and GUNDAM WING!!! YES GUNDAM WING hibiki cause its the best

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
no mech assault is an action game with mechs in it

steel battalion is a mech simulator doesnt get much more realistic than this

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom