Steam Greenlight for ESF

Status
Not open for further replies.
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
I think it might be a nice idea for ESF to get Steam Greenlit.

For those of you who don't know what that means, it means to submit the mod to the Steam Greenlight project, allowing other users to vote for and against it on Steam. So far, it's been quite successful in giving games that the community wants.

There ARE modifications to Half Life 2 on Greenlight, although I haven't seen any Half Life 1 mods yet, but surely, the reason can hardly be above the fact that the Gold Source engine is more dated than the Source engine.

Just an idea, with the only problem being £70, to buy the Steam Greenlight license to submit it.

Steam Greenlight

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think it might be a nice idea for ESF to get Steam Greenlit.

For those of you who don't know what that means, it means to submit the mod to the Steam Greenlight project, allowing other users to vote for and against it on Steam. So far, it's been quite successful in giving games that the community wants.

There ARE modifications to Half Life 2 on Greenlight, although I haven't seen any Half Life 1 mods yet, but surely, the reason can hardly be above the fact that the Gold Source engine is more dated than the Source engine.

Just an idea, with the only problem being £70, to buy the Steam Greenlight license to submit it.

Steam Greenlight
INB4 Cease and Desist from Funimation or whoever publishes DBZ games these days.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is a really good idea if it can be done. It would make ESF far more accessible and even more popular.

Also, Cry of fear, a half life mod, is greenlit and available on steam for free so technically this idea is sound.

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
INB4 Cease and Desist from Funimation or whoever publishes DBZ games these days.
Good point; but what about the Third Age mod for Rome Total War? That explicitly states it's a LOTR conversion, but so far the makers haven't been sued. I don't see why they would do so.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is a really good idea if it can be done. It would make ESF far more accessible and even more popular.

Also, Cry of fear, a half life mod, is greenlit and available on steam for free so technically this idea is sound.
Cry Of Fear is not a mod anymore. Its a stand alone title now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom