Stat suggestion.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
You guys could possibly insert a way to have stats for ki and melee, like using melee would give melee stats and ki attacks would give ki stats.
the more stats you have in each category, the more damage that category does, and both combined is equal to your total power level.
The stat gain would be small but in some ways worth it, like maybe 2 for use of a throw or 6 for a T3 melee, and for beams, possibly make the beams larger and more destructive as someone raises their ki stat.

Waddya think? lemme know :D

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pretty useless IMO. It's like having two powerlevel factors: one for melee and one for ki attacks. Damage and ki attack size should only depend on powerlevel (and on possible other already implemented things).

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Powerlevel basically acts as an Universal Stats. The higher the powerlevel, the harder you hit and the bigger the beams. Adding separate stats for each attribute would take away from the Skill based gameplay of Esf. So in the end, its your skill that will help you win, not your stats.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We use bonus points for Specials. Throw is a generic move and without it the entire melee system collapses into itself. So you can not take it away untill you reach 2 stats.

The Tier 3 special is also not as easy as you make it out to be. You require enough Bonus points to execute it. Once executed those bonus points are gone untill you collect enough again. Where in your system you would unlock it and have it open all the time. Sp the first to Tier 1 would own the server since special attacks always win in headons against standard melee.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Ah thanks for the feedback guys xD was a fun idea, didn't realize i was so ignorant about the game's current mechanics.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Maybe this idea could work;

Does ESF have statistics websites like http://et.trackbase.net/ or http://et.splatterladder.com/ ?
Would it be nice to create such a system before releasing ESF ?

It will allow players to see their kills/deaths etc and compare them to other users.
There was an AMXX pluggin connected to a web database the last time ESFL was alive. Let me tell you it was not pretty. People were using the cheapest tactics in order to get the best K/D ratio including masive beamspam with SSJ Goku.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There was an AMXX pluggin connected to a web database the last time ESFL was alive. Let me tell you it was not pretty. People were using the cheapest tactics in order to get the best K/D ratio including masive beamspam with SSJ Goku.
Classes were not balanced.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Regardless of there being a website that tracks stats, people will beamspam if it is a quick and easy way to gain PL and stand at the top of the server.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Stats do nothing but promote unhealthy competition. If I had any say, I'd do away with kills & deaths and even scores, in MP games.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Then how will you track the 'best' person on the server? Without kills and deaths, you won't have any competition at all. And, to be honest, whenever I play Call of Duty or something, I'd like to check up upon my stats, and my friends stats and see who is better.

✔️ HL Verified
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Stats do nothing but promote unhealthy competition. If I had any say, I'd do away with kills & deaths and even scores, in MP games.
Splatterladder is not meant to generate negative/unhealthy competivity, and it doesn't. Players just like to see their stats in comparison with others, to see how far you've progressed, not how much the other has.
I think it's an addition to the community, because you can also keep track of who's playing, how good they are, it just adds another community feature to the game.
The player should also be able to see how much weapons they use, and use that as reflection of how they play.

So far, there's no really connection between the players/server and the community, this stats system might be a way to do so.

On RTCW we're using VSP stats, which was also a nice solution, but a bit outdated. You can find an example here: http://cu-clan.de/Vsp_Stats_cU/pub/themes/bismarck/playerstat.php?playerID=^1*^7e^0S^7a^1*^0Hu^7mm^0a&config=cfg-default.php

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom