Starting of with ESF

Best answers
Ok I just got Counter Strike with steam. I need to know exactly what I need to do to get ESF and start playing. Currently I am downloading this file http://esf-world.com/main.php?content=fileinfo&file_id=25162 and I think that is the latest version of ESF. I need some to tell me wher do I install this file. Also can someone tell me where can I dowload some maps for esf. Also can someone tell me what is the most frequently used maps that I need to download.

Also what the hell is ALPHA and what is BETA. Also what is the latest verison of ESF.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well it's the wrong version, just follow this link and download 1.2.3 version
http://esf-world.com/main.php?content=fileinfo&file_id=25320

in order to play this game
you need to have Half-life + steam
if you don't have half-life don't be scared
you can download half-life for free with steam if you have a legal counter-strike cd key
after downloading half-life just start the game once so steam unpacks the HL files

after that start the ESF 1.2.3 installer and it should work perfectly
just start steam > Play Games > Third party mods > Earth Special Forces

you won't find to mapy custom made maps
because well the game comes with kick ass maps allready so you don't have to worry about that!

Best answers
Hey I have some other questions

Also what the hell is ALPHA and what is BETA.

Also the link you gave me is the latest ESF, then what about the things marked in red

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The Alpha versions came far before Beta, as is normal in the software development process.
You could download the Alpha version if you wish, but it's not the latest, current version.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My Steam Compatable version is the same as Alpha 2.0. It's just steam compatable.

Best answers
What which one should I download? What is the best version to download.

Best answers
Ok thanks. I have one last question. I have DSL with Up to 1.5Mbps downstream X 256Kbps upstream and why is it talking so lond to dowload the ESF 1.2.3? Its only 184 MB so why does it take so long. Currently it is on 4%. Why?

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well you might have fast internet

but if the computer you are getting it from has slow internet, it can only send it at a slow speed
you can do nothing against this

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom