start preparing the mod for HL2

Best answers
i thought about all the new functions that can be added including all the cool new grafix
so i suggest for the team to start prepare ESF for HL2
think about all of the new concepts that can be added
think about dameged or phisical engin for the clothet
all the new animations including animated texturs that will make the model change more lifelike
new animations that while transforming the body of the charecter will be puped up to the new form
all new "spirts" or what will they be called in HL2

ETC....
well i think it can be grate to start thinking about theas things now!!!
not probebly creating stuff because we may never know how will things work at HL2 but start thinking f the methods and the new stuff can be added
(but still dont leav the curent version!!! :laff: )

what do u ppl think :no:eek:_o:yes:

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think you're one of the many people who <i>don't</i> read the stickies. You are NOT the only person who has suggested the mod move to HL2, but it won't happen. The mod was born on the HL engine, and it will die on the HL engine kthx.

Best answers
Wow this seems to be a complete rip off of what I said we should add the hl1 engine. http://forum.esforces.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11 oh wait it seems he was reading that post and even stop to comment what a cawinky dink...... :\ :\ :\ :\
about dameged or phisical engin for the clothet
Heres another suggestion lets add a spell check to the forums.

Edit:I just notice something funny if you highlight the smily in his signiture the face changes to what people thing of this post heh. (look losely)

Best answers
Uknohi he he ur r r8 lol he is changing
and sory for my english and for mising that stuky cos i do read them ushualy :p

but as u probebly heard the original HL is going to be releasd with HL2 with impoved grafics so ppl are wodering if the original mods will work...actualuy i think that its 45% work but 55% wont work so i guss we just have to w8 and see

Best answers
Parts of mods will work, but not the coding. And I don't think the team wants to toss all there coding to switch engines.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They said that esf will be born and die on hl

Best answers
Yep everything posted here are true. I agree that they should move it actually. But I know they wont. so I don't think we should ask, because we make them angry. But Sayan Master should have said it more like this: "When the esf team is making beta 1.4 or 1.5 couldn't they please make it for HL2" or "When the team have the time couldn't they move it to HL2" that way people wouldn't be so hard on you..... I think......

Best answers
We all know how great ESF would be on the HL2 Engine.
To put it simply, the coders have lives.
There not some lame l0sers who have no life and can spend all their time re-creating old code for a new engine.

Im pretty sure all the coders and doing ESF for fun and to learn new coding techniques.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey since a 1.5 version was mentioned. Do u think it will be an official mod by then? i mean like cs that u can by seperately.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
God i hope not...if this turns into some kinda valve scam to make more money, there is no way in hell im buying esf. Especially after i've been playing esf for free all this time. If it were to become an official mod, all those that have been on the forums for 2 or 3 years or longer should be allowed to get it for free (including all patches and betas after the release).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No u c If u have Half-life u wont need to buy the esf. if u have HL or CS retail u can download the free mod. But if ppl will want only esf not HL or CS they can buy ESF Retail.

Best answers
Seems like your first post talked alot about how the "grafix" would be incredible if ESF switched to 1.2 when it releases the sdk. IMO most of us don't play ESF for the graphics. The gameplay is what draws us in and I don't see a reason of how HL2 would make the game play better than it is now. Sure-- I haven't played HL2 or know much about it, but ESF is already a great game and its pushed the limits of what the HL engine has done. I'm sure any gameplay improvements that HL2 could offer would be minor adjustments from HL1. I understand that the physics and mathematical movements in HL2 would be improved, but I think ESF plays fine for the physics that the HL1 engine offers.

Best answers
well if they finished the mod and have nothing else to do :D
meebie they can switch to hl2 then but personnaly i think its not necessary
the game rocks as it is :)

Best answers
You can't really "finish" a mod because new things come up and there is always something new to add. For example, Half-Life > Half-Life 2 > Half-Life 3 (coming to a store near you May 2046).

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SSJ3 Goten said:
We all know how great ESF would be on the HL2 Engine.
To put it simply, the coders have lives.
There not some lame l0sers who have no life and can spend all their time re-creating old code for a new engine.

Im pretty sure all the coders and doing ESF for fun and to learn new coding techniques.
then all esf players would have to buy hl2 and it would be pretty expensive :no:

Best answers
Well i am sure other ppl wil start making another DBZ mod for HL2.
Although i hope they can pull of what esf did for hl1 :)

Best answers
the 2nd Son said:
then all esf players would have to buy hl2 and it would be pretty expensive :no:
lol like people wont be buying HL2 anyways....and who would buy HL2 just for ESF??? Theres going to be a million reasons to buy HL2 (if its as good as it looks) other then just a mod (albight an excellent mod).

Best answers
i think lot's of u dont even know how much time it would take for esf team to recode esf for HL2. i think they should focus on more attacks or better beam usage coz i think there's way 2 much melee in esf 1.2 all the ppl r now just trying to hit you.... & they'r right coz it's almost impossible to charge a spirit bomb on a server with 10 ppl. and besides-esf team already told us a 1000000 times that esf on hl2.... will never happen. let's thank God 4 the game he gave us & pray that more esf-like mods will come out :)

Best answers
True....it would take alot of time. And what the team wants to do is up to them. Either way, ESF rocks and will be the best DBZ mod ever created for a few more years to come anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom