start preparing the mod for HL2

Best answers
Bah just move the game over to Söldner: Secret Wars w/ destructable buildings/terrain. But there aren't small maps, its one huge one. I know they won't but wouldn't mind having one hehe.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
for what i've seen in hl2 would it be cool in the xfx but i think hl2 isn't good for what i've seen.
xfx is like you said verry good but then they nead to make it totaly divrent, all the codes are made for hl and if they get on hl2, they have to start all over again.
(if possible)the q3a engine or ut/2k3/2k4 is good to but thow's engines are atleast better than hl2.
realy, i vote more for ut2k4 becours of all the posebility's in that engine and the beauty of it and ofcours the poly and the bignes of the level.
realistic ass hell and all 24bit, that's atleast a engine to go for not hl2.

Best answers
And do you know how much people have ut2k4 now adays? not so many, because that is one heck of an expensive game. I know my voice doesn't mean much,
but ESF is staying on halflife. period.

Sound Artist
Best answers
After playing HL2 it doesn't really have the same hype it once had for me. Sure it looks better and all in all, but it's just another FPS.

Best answers
True....but what can really be done with FPS now to make them truly original? There isnt too much. Personally I think S.T.A.L.K.E.R is gonna be the single player experience of the year for FPS. But I think for multiplayer that HL2 is gonna reign supreme. Its like HL in its fairly mod friendly, and i mean....its HL2....the hype alone is gonna make it a smash.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
can someone close this thread?

Best answers
People its very simple they wont remod this to Hl2 engine so cut the crap :D

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cheeto101 said:
lol like people wont be buying HL2 anyways....and who would buy HL2 just for ESF??? Theres going to be a million reasons to buy HL2 (if its as good as it looks) other then just a mod (albight an excellent mod).
me. I would do it. I was bored of HL so I remembered about ESF and downlooadede it.

Best answers
LoL but to not buy half life 2 for its other reasons like the crazy graphics, physics, AI, netcode, Millions of mods etc etc would be crazy too. Sure ESF is great but it would be doubtful anyone would buy the game for the sole purpose of just ESF...theres too many other pros for HL2.

Whatever the team does is chill with me. It will take years for the HL2 mod scene to get up to the polish of the HL mod scene so ill be playin HL for another coupla years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom