💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol Denz. Stay Classy man.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can't wait until Blizzard stops making Starcraft games and starts making CGI movies, preferably Warhammer .

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I feel like I'm the only person who really doesn't like Starcraft.

Someone hold me.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No, don't worry, you're not. It's really cool to hate StarCraft right now, it's one of the 'in' things in the gamer world.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No, don't worry, you're not. It's really cool to hate StarCraft right now, it's one of the 'in' things in the gamer world.
I've never thought of myself as a hipster but...

I've hated Starcraft since before it was cool to hate Starcraft. I was maybe 13 or 14.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Can't really see a reason to hate it...I mean you can not like it, but why have you hated it? I came to dislike it a little bit after Koreans came and pretty much ruined the fun. Pre-Koreans, you could have a game, win or lose, and everyone would have a great, laughing time. Now post Koreans, it's like "MODIFY YOUR BUILD ORDER, I CAN'T PLAY WITH YOU, YOUR MACRO / MICRO IS TO SLOW, ******* NOOB!" It got turned somewhat into Counter-strike, and I'm sorry Korea, but I will never forgive you for turning fun games into what they are becoming.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Can't really see a reason to hate it...I mean you can not like it, but why have you hated it? I came to dislike it a little bit after Koreans came and pretty much ruined the fun. Pre-Koreans, you could have a game, win or lose, and everyone would have a great, laughing time. Now post Koreans, it's like "MODIFY YOUR BUILD ORDER, I CAN'T PLAY WITH YOU, YOUR MACRO / MICRO IS TO SLOW, ******* NOOB!" It got turned somewhat into Counter-strike, and I'm sorry Korea, but I will never forgive you for turning fun games into what they are becoming.
Everyone in the ******* world cheated back when I had an interest in playing the game. Stack hacks and map hacks up the ass. You could freeze servers and make people think the game timed out so they'd quit, giving you a win. Everyone was so goddamn determined to have a perfect W/L ratio, that they'd resort to anything to get it. It ruined the game for me since the single player was nothing to write home about in the first place.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
@Zeo: I'd love for Blizzard to make a cinematic movie, but the story would probably be **** given their track record in that department.

I know I've argued with you about this before and no one is going to have their opinion changed, but I can't let that pass. You're wrong. How wrong? Very wrong. It almost hurts how wrong you are. Dogma would be rolling in his grave if he knew about this.

Starcraft would not be played today at all if it were not for the Korean scene. Having the Korean scene in no way detracts from the average persons enjoyment of the game. You can still fire it up and play with your buddies, or play with some random guy who has absolutely no idea how to play.

If, however, you're playing the game competitively, it can still be fun, but it's mostly a cerebral and competitive experience. That's what some people want in a game and Starcraft is there to serve both audiences. I also think you have a skewed view of the SC community. It's one of the friendlier, better communities around. You will still occasionally get a few people who are *******s, but that's to be expected of any community. Starcraft is not a team game, the entire outcome of the game rests on your shoulders. Some people dislike losing and, rather than blame themselves for the loss, will result to insulting their opponent to put their mind at ease, or to insulting their opponent if they win to congratulate themselves. This sounds like what happened to you and it's unfortunate that you're letting that experience cloud your view of the entire community.

If you wanted, you could find tons of people who would play with you to have a good time and not care who wins or loses. You could also find people who are interested in improving and willing to practice with you to help you get better. I really don't understand your hatred of the game being played on a competitive level.

The Prodigy
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
^ Agreed. No one is forcing you to play competitively. There are leagues for a reason, so that you can play with people your own skill level.

As for Korea "turning fun games into whey are becoming"; they've helped established a huge eSports scene. They've built entire industries and careers letting players do what they love and get paid for it, establishing it as a legit spectator sport. Because of that, North America and other countries are following suit. I can see in the future eSports and video gaming in general becoming huge, just like in Korea. I can't see how this is a bad thing to anyone who actually loves video games.

Last edited:
Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
^ Agreed. No one is forcing you to play competitively. There are leagues for a reason, so that you can play with people your own skill level.

As for Korea "turning fun games into whey are becoming"; they've helped established a huge eSports scene. They've built entire industries and careers letting players do what they love and get paid for it, establishing it as a legit spectator sport. Because of that, North America and other countries are following suit. I can see in the future eSports and video gaming in general becoming huge, just like in Korea. I can't see how this is a bad thing to anyone who actually loves video games.

.....says the korean.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Exactly, I absolutely hate that people have turned video gaming into these "E-Sports". I love video games, been playing forever, since I was a kid. It's just the mentality, and funny you should say that, yeah, I could play with my friends, and I guess only my friends now, because if I ever do a random pug, everyone goes super strategy. They watched all the E-Sports videos now and copy what they say and if they see you aren't doing it, they moan, *****, and either leave, or just insult the **** out of you and blame you if you lose.

It's just not what I see gaming was supposed to be. You can't avoid these people in StarCraft I / II, they're in every game now.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Have you actually played Starcraft II? The game sold like 9 million copies, there are literally people of every skill level playing the game. They have a very good match making system set up so that you will be matched against people who are at your skill level. If you want to go out of your way to play the game doing everything in your power to lose the match, the system will still find someone worse than you. Serioulsy, the people at the bottom of the ladder have absolutely no idea how to play.

Do you feel the same way about Chess, because it's a very similar situation there.

The Prodigy
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Again, no one if forcing you to play at top competition. If you're silver level player, you'll get matched up vs silver level players on ladder. The ladder is designed to match you up against people your own skill level, thats how it works. I don't get why you can't understand that. It's like you want to play basketball with your friends, but you cannot stand that there's an NBA out there, and you can't stand that there's people who watch it on TV. It makes no sense.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No, it's like trying to play a Basketball game casually and having NBA players suddenly join in. Everyone, no matter what league they are in, these days, are absolutely crazy about the game like that. It's been forever ruined. Custom games are the only place you're allowed to have fun anymore, and even some of them are now becoming strict as ****.

I wish E-Sports would never have come to be.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
People at the bottom of the ladder make like 4 workers. Have you tried the match making system out?

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, and I keep getting matched up against people like 2 leagues above me. I haven't lost yet, but it was just kinda frustrating, the game felt alot less 'fun' compared to just doing what I wanted, when suddenly everyone makes it so tense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom