Star Wars Jk Jedi Academy

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
REVIEW! Or something.. Im writeing a review (based for people who have played JK2)

Missions.

The missions in JK3 are.. well pretty much JK2 really, nice missions...

Oh, I may as well point out that theres 4 missions each "set" 3 of them you do have no point to them storyline wize, then you get offered to skip the last mission, if not... well, you do the last mission.

Force Powers

Some of the force powers now do different things, for example, force grip level 1 will just hold someone, level 2 you can lift, and level 3 you can lift + move, letting you snap someones neck by hitting them on a wall, you can also pick up dead bodys with grip and block incomeing fire with it.

When you start a mission, you get the chance to level up good or evil force powers (all the "base" force powers, jump, pull push etc level up as you play more of the game) This is bad for 2 reasons, one you can now choose good + evil powers at the same time, thus it makes for pretty easy game (as in you can have grip, heal, lightening, your pretty much unstopable)

Oh, when each "set" of missions end, if you have more dark then light, Luke or your master will moan and cry about it, but it does not changes missions at all.

Light Sabers (Duel + Twin)

Oh. Dear. Sorry I really have nothing good to say about them, for the 1st time you use them, yea there kinda cool, abit of a laugh, maybe slightly fun, but not when you combine them with force powers, then you remember your unstopable, twin + duel sabers block EVERYTHING thats shot at you, all you need to worry about are rockets and force powers..

Storyline

I wont go into it much, as I dont want to ruin it for anyone who plans on buying the game, but lets just say.. Its simple, pretty much from the 1st mission you can tell what the whole story will be, and after playing it over, I have to say I was right.

The main story (that I can safely say without ruining it) is theres an evil cult (of DOOM!) that is stealing force power, you run around alot and try to do something about it, while watching some simple and predicable plot twists like main charaters going to the dark side, blah blah

Charaters.

All the people (most of them..) from JK2 are in there, the main charater of JK2 is now your master, he does not do much.. but he does come with you on one of the missions..

You can make your own charaters, maybe the only thing I personally like about JK3, you can choose female (yay) and both male and female charaters have different skins (kinda like a simple mmorpg game, nothing that great)

Graphics

The same. Oh oh wait, its abit high res now. come on, the Q3 engine is pretty OLD now.

Multiplayer.

What im going to say about Multiplayer will make me out to look like a "newbie" I dont much mind. Multiplayer games are not fun, everyone is now running around with 2 sabers, or a twin one, and in a 3 player fight, its IMPOSABLE (I dont care what anyone says otherwize) too tell what there doing, as its just a stupid blur of colors, on JK2 with ONE sabar it was very good, as you could change your stance to match your fight, and block, dodge, etc etc.

Wizz Bangs!

Mounts.

You can use a hovercar type thing, that is quite buggy and also is on a very boring level (you turn corners afew times.. and thats it) in a weak effort to make the level fun, you have people shooting slow lazers at you (slow as in.. you have a 20 second thinking time to dodge them)

Anouther mount is the "dino" type "thing" that you "can use and might find handy" No no, this is found on a snowlevel, god knows why you would want it, its like walking around a level without being able to fire any weapon or use your light saber to block anything, pretty dumb eh?

New Moves.

Hmm, most of them.. no.. all of them are useless, single player is so easy (even on hard) that its basicly a hack'n'slash, you CAN do a lil wall run (god knows why you would) or you CAN press LMB and RMB to do a weird move that makes you jump around and spin around while doing a flip and makeing a roast dinner and god knows what, but it uses up all your force power, so you may as well just use the saber NORMALLY and use some force powers.

Ending Scores..

Graphics: 2 (No update apart from models and slightly better maps)
Gameplay:5 (missions are nice, but thats about it..)
Sounds:10 (erm.. sounds sound I guess, it goes wizz in the right place)
Storyline:1 (Guessing the whole storyline on mission 1 is not good.)

18/40

edit: SaiyanPrideXIX, I could pm you the whole story, but how would you know if its true? *great eye roll* Anyone fool knows about Cd images... And besides "I al play t3h fulll gam1 lolz @ at u" as you put it to try to make me cry.. or something I dunno :)

*hugs NeLo for not being a baby about what I think of the game* :laff:

Best answers
Ok well...
thats your opinion (u definatly like JK2 more than JK3)
well i dont but i respect u for ur opinion!
(i gave a few twitches while reading but still)
i have not got the full game and about the story:
"Since Luke Skywalker believes in training by doing, he sends the young apprentice on missions to hone his or her skills. During this time a mysterious cult emerges to threaten the galaxy, and the academy is tasked with finding out who they are and what they are doing"!!!!!!!!
THAT is why there is a story only u are so blinded by pre-judgement that u cannot see it!

Best answers
Ummm,I have this game full!!!!!But,this is pirate version...hmm,have you guys tryed SW Knights Of The Old Republic?I have Xbox so...YOU CAN HAVE 2 LIGHTSABERS WITH 2 BLADES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!THAT's CCCCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLL

+++edit+++

mysty,the final alpha version of pack has send to betatesters(not you and others from forums,to my friends in my neighbourhood),so you can expect it soon,I will tell you the page...never mind,e-mail,msn,yahoo,or web page(the source from you would like to receive transpack).
So,u guys shjould expect it for 1 week,when betatesters from forum test it.Also,mysty,I changed the dmz look from it,now it is like esf with all these stuff. ;) :yes: :laff: .HHHHUUUURRRRRAAAAAAYYYYYY!

+++edit 2+++
I should change my sigs'Yes or no?

Best answers
lol viki!
thats also an option in some MODS for JK2 (they will be for JK3 too) only MP though and no i have not played KOTOR since i do not have an XboX and i live in Holland

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mystic_saiyan said:
THAT is why there is a story only u are so blinded by pre-judgement that u cannot see it!

If you had read my posts corectly you would have seen I did not say the story was too bad, but I said it was "predicable" So.. shh?

Best answers
I'm gonna get this game. I loved JK2, and I've always wanted to use my made up Star Wars Character "Thori Orr". I've been writing a book about him. Basically he is a young Jedi who is expelled from the Jedi Academy and joins the Bounty Hunters and learns from Boba Fett. I'll be able to create him in JK3! That's so cool!

I haven't got the demo yet due to the file size (180MB!) but I'll be sure to get it when it's released.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can have the name, but your character in SP alredy has a name due to voice overs and cutscenes, it's Jaden Korr.

I'm so gonna struggle between the dark and the light, eventually realising which side is stronger, the dark side.

Sept 17th has been on my calander for he past 2 months.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
BTW, All those new styles, the double sabers, the staff, they're all great, but i still love my Single Saber with Fast style more than anything.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You don't have a Full Force Impale with it.

Best answers
Duel mode what i am looking forward to is real saber combat. Now that moves like blue lunge uses force. Things will be based on saber combat instead of moves

Best answers
i agree with nelo this game rules!!!! and for those of you who think mario is better................ WHAT ARE YOU SMOKING!?

Best answers
lol thats funny btw Yokie..*hugs him back for being so kind* there ya go buddy! :laff: Anyway i guess the most im looking foward to is the 2 on 1. I gotta see how that works. o_O THing is i question yokie is that it runs very smoothly on my machine..could it be yours???Anywho, umm when i saw where you could ride around...my first thought was o **** this is gonna be a *****... :S cuz usually i remember a long time ago playing a Star Wars game where you had to chase a guy on a bike like that and it was just frustrating as hell... :\ but btw yokie said how it was gonna be, seems like its gonna be a pretty easy ride. (yay for me!) Hmm i kinda think the graphics didnt change much. Well they did in the sabers n what not..so i stand corrected. I enjoy the new moves due the fact you can run UP the walls and then backflip off of it. Kinda like in kung fu movies.heh. The kicking n what not is great. I especially like the flip kick. where you front flip kick then jump off of that guy and backflip kick the dude behind you. I thought that was clever. THe duel sabers i thought were cool to have and some moves with it are really good but that twirl move is just so kindergarden..i mean hell i could swing my sabers around like that.. :S Also that saber barrier is not too great..I mean they can just throw theirs at you and kill you. Also they can just push you and your barrier is down. So i disapprove of the duel sabers even though they are pretty cool to have. THere is just too many disadvantages.. :S So i stick with my all time fav. The staff saber. Protects more and does more damage imo. So i guess when i play 2 on 1...ill be darth maul. > : )

Edit: Ya know what i just got through playing it again..i must be bored...anyway i found it quite easy to beat them. Maybe i should make it on hard level. Anyway the first time i played and got to the final boss..(dont get me wrong it took me a looong while to get there) The boss had a double sided saber...so did i...and while we were fighting, i happen to slice his saber staff in half and he got duel sabers. I was like O_O It was the weirdest thing ever. Tell me can the dark side jedi switch their sabers or did i slice it in half to make it duel...hmm maybe yokie knows. DO you know yokie?? o_O

Best answers
Nelo with you i can talk!
lol mayb ill see u around when u buy it! and mayb we can play with\against eachother (im not goinna be Dart Maul, IM GONNA BE EXAR KUN) (the dude wich lightsaber was the original blueprint maul's one is based on!!

anyway just played it again and well i loove the wall run up! (bit difficult) and i love the "oppenent lying down attack"

Best answers
I would use dual sabers. My character has a Purple saber and a Blue one. By the way, who is eveyone's favorite Star Wars character? Mine is Boba Fett: The most feared bounty hunter in the galaxy! (also the coolest looking)

Best answers
Arthos Returns : BTW, All those new styles, the double sabers, the staff, they're all great, but i still love my Single Saber with Fast style more than anything.

Agreed Arthos.
These new styles make it look a bit messy with gameplay methinks.
That's why i think i prefer outcast instead of academy.
Still, it's a good game though.

Best answers
Which books are Exar Kun in? I need to get my hands on them so I can find out about him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom