Star Citizen

Red Saiyan Mod
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
I just got the 890 Jump if anyone wants to tour the game in style with me. Its basically a giant space yacht.

Attachments

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Add me to your contacts, I'm on there as phrack50. My handle is Reno Sinclair
I tried adding you to the contacts but it didnt load and just wasnt able to add. I just started playing today and upset I didn't use the referral code for the 5,000 units. I would love to gain some friends and learn how to play the game from a vet

Red Saiyan Mod
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
I've been testing the PTU lately. They should be pushing a big update pretty soon. Adding cave systems, FPS mining, and some nice new ships.

Base belongs to me.
πŸ‘‘ Administrator
🌠 Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’ŽLΓ©géñdārΓ½
Best answers
This game is not f2p, correct? You are required to buy the game (starters pack), which I believe is $45? to play it.. but is it worth it? I'm not sure how the ship insurance works. I see you get 3 months free with the $45 pack, though I am unsure if you can purchase this with in-game currency rather than real money.

Red Saiyan Mod
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
You are correct Sky, it is not free to play. The lowest start package is 45 USD which will give you a choice of either an Aurora or a Mustang.
Once you get ingame you will find a variety of missions you can complete to earn credits. You can rent and buy ships ingame with credits.
The insurance countdown has not started yet and will not be a thing until the game is complete. So you cannot lose your ship forever right now.

Base belongs to me.
πŸ‘‘ Administrator
🌠 Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’ŽLΓ©géñdārΓ½
Best answers
So you can buy any ship with in-game currency that you can buy with real life money as well? With exception of the starter pack.

Red Saiyan Mod
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
So you can buy any ship with in-game currency that you can buy with real life money as well? With exception of the starter pack.
This is correct. If you wait for the November annual sale next month, it might save you another 10 bucks.

Red Saiyan Mod
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Star Citizen 3.8 just came out. Highlights: New planet to explore, new space stations with vast interiors and shops, a few new ships, melee combat is a thing now, planetary weather effects have been added.
The new planet is gorgeous, its a cold snow filled planet out on the edge of the system called microTech. Their city called New Babbage is absolutely breathtaking.

Attachments

Base belongs to me.
πŸ‘‘ Administrator
🌠 Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’ŽLΓ©géñdārΓ½
Best answers
Checked out some gameplay videos online regarding the update, and it looks pretty sweet. Almost keen to actually grab the game myself eventually. But I'd say the game will take up a lot of your time to actually get somewhere, ain't it.

Red Saiyan Mod
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
You can get a holiday discount on a starter package, only $40. You can choose from either an Aurora or a Mustang.
Aurora is better suited for small deliveries, where as the Mustang is a little better for combat.
They have ingame rentals and you can also buy ships with credits earned.
Also I would be happy to spawn some of my ships for you to play with.

Attachments

Discord Member
Best answers
Anyone a honest review of the state of the game? Considering trying it.

Red Saiyan Mod
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Anyone a honest review of the state of the game? Considering trying it.
That can be a real challenge considering the game is constantly being updated every few months.
In it's current state for version 3.8.0 it's a little unstable. You are prone to being randomly disconnected occasionally.
That being said, that's the biggest issue at the moment. Everything else is quite playable for the features they have.
There's over 90 flyable ships right now and many more concepts in production. There are 3 planets you can explore and about 9 moons.
They scattered space stations all over the system that you can stop to refuel or repair at. You can purchase or rent ships with ingame credits.
You can always find videos of people playing on youtube, but you may find it much more entertaining to play it yourself.

Red Saiyan Mod
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Alright ladies, its that time again. Star Citizen 3.9 just dropped and it is hot! New moons to explore, gorgeous new city to roam around in, new ships of course.
Criminals beware! There is a prison now. If you do butt head stuff like ramming into parked ships at space stations or shooting someone in a monitored area, you will receive a crimestat or possibly a bounty if your crime was severe enough.
Funny thing about this is that there are missions that you can accept that will get you into some big trouble if you don't read the contract carefully.
Overall I am really impressed with this latest version, the new city hits a new mark for visual splendor, the prison is a great solution for all those shady players out there.
You can spend hours in prison depending on your sentence, but you can do some mining to reduce your sentence or you can try the escape route.
If you get caught trying to break out of course, they will throw you right back in and add more time to your sentence. Also you now need to eat and drink periodically.
For more information about the latest update you can check out the Star Citizen roadmap here. https://robertsspaceindustries.com/roadmap/board/1-Star-Citizen

Base belongs to me.
πŸ‘‘ Administrator
🌠 Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’ŽLΓ©géñdārΓ½
Best answers
The game really seems to be huge at this point. Would really love to play it, but I just feel that I would lack the time to do so. How much/long do you play it on a monthly basis?

Red Saiyan Mod
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
The game really seems to be huge at this point. Would really love to play it, but I just feel that I would lack the time to do so. How much/long do you play it on a monthly basis?
I'm extremely casual with it. Some nights I play and some nights I play something else.
It's not really a time demanding game but you do get out of it what you put into it.

The main drive for people to earn credits: buy new ships and component upgrades, personal gear (armor, weapons and utilities.
Many different ways to earn credits: cargo running, delivery missions, investigations, bounty missions, races, mining, and of course pirating.

The main attraction to this game is the shear level of quality and breathtaking detail that goes into everything. Well that and the ships.
If you wanna check it out, you can get a starter ship for $45. I wouldn't mind spawning ships for you to play with or you can join as crew on one of mine.

You will spend most of your time flying and I would highly recommend a nice joystick and hotas combo.
Not only does it just make this game so much cooler to play, but also gives you an amazing level of control over your ship.

Red Saiyan Mod
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Invictus Launch Week is upon us. Star Citizen will be free to play for the week until June 1st. If you want to take a look risk free, now is the time. Be warned, latest version comes loaded with bugs.
Stability is an big problem with 3.9 but it is still worth taking a look and flying some great ships for free. This game looks amazing and if you want an opportunity to show off your powerful computer here you go.
When you join the universe, be sure to select Area 18 as your destination. Then you can visit the Bevic convention center where they have a showroom full of ships that are free to fly. The selection will change every couple days.
They are also running a ship sale this weekend with a lot of different ships to choose from. I highly recommend the Avenger titan starter package, its a badass little fighter with a nice little cargo hold.
Head over to https://robertsspaceindustries.com/

Red Saiyan Mod
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
The International Aerospace Expo is upon once again. That means every ship will be on display at the convention hall on Microtech this year and you will be able to rent anything you want for 48 hours completely free.
There will also be some new ships in your hangar for the duration of the expo. This game is looking better each year with new worlds being added, beautiful cities to explore, and many missions to play with.
I just picked up the Kraken today. I feel like that completes my ship collection. If anyone would like to play this week, please let me know. My mates and I are always looking for new crewmembers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom