SSJ - Does it ruin the game?

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think the game it's good as it is and yes SSJ ki manag suld be change , I have no problem whit the guys that beam spam because I know how to doge the beams and conterattack perfect and I love a fight that i don't have a chanse to win

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I rarely ever go SSJ because I find it more fun in my normal form and still can take out an SSJ Goku or Gohan because their not use to the speed increase which is one major bad factor. What good is speed without accuracy?

As for beam spamming with the SSJ trans and using beam attacks like vegeta's final flash doesn't seem fair because the splash dmg can still pretty much kill you. Thats when I just go and find another server or close esf for a while.

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I guess speed just aint for you guys ^_^"
Weird I never had a problem with accuracy while in SSJ =/ I mean if I do sometimes it has nothing to do with the speed.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't mean to doubt you SV, but maybe you're playing the wrong people.

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You mean against the wrong people?
Well I cant say there are many good players around much but against those I meet I dont have much problem with aiming cause of the speed.

I'll be honest, if I had problems with aiming (which I had and still have) it was cause of my lack of skill, not because of the speed.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not saying you can't aim. I'm saying good players don't generally make themselves targets. I mean, if you have 2 SSJ's swooping around, you're going to miss a lot, not because you can't aim, but because your opponent is doing his own thing. I'm pretty good at ESF and even I have a tendency to miss SSJ's when they're just swooping around because they think I'm chasing them when in actuality I'm watching them from a distance.

Being unable when moving at high speeds and fighting someone else who is moving at high speeds doesn't make someone a bad player. It's just harder to hit someone teleporting all over the place because they have quite a bit of ki.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I remember when 1.2 came out everyone *****ed that even the ssj speeds were too slow compared to 1.1.

Regardless, I just dont like transforming. Infact, i much prefer fighting ssj's in normal form, seems like more of a challenge. I do miss a lot more with ssj these days (havent played esf properly in quite a while now though), but when 1.2 was pretty new I used to transform all the time, but I went through a time where i hated transforming, ever since then, only reason I use it is when fighting people who I'm pretty even with, they transform, decide they're gonna beam spam me continually, so i have to turn ssj, just so I can retaliate without continually being out of Ki. Im not that great though =\

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I remember when 1.2 came out everyone *****ed that even the ssj speeds were too slow compared to 1.1.
And with good reason, but two and a half years have gone by and we've forgotten what real speed is. I have a feeling we'll be *****ing about speed again come next release.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't think it's a fair comparison. You still had to actually manage ki in 1.1 in normal form, where as in 1.2 as an ssj you don't have to.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That wasn't my point heh... at the time, people missed the speeds, but it was said without the lockon and the possibilities of faster speeds in the future it'd be almost impossible to hit each other, therefore the speeds were reduced. I agree 1.2 is too slow, but I was just trying to say why SV mite prefer ssj in the current version, surely you can empathise with that. Ki management is still a problem in ssj though, i definitely agree.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SSJ is something to work for, however if your enemy is ssj and if you are pro, then you shouldn't have to much issue holding your own against a ssj player (unless of course he is pro + ssj, but still sometimes the fight can turn out differently for the untransformed guy and make it go his way).

I myself though usually never transed for a long time when I played at my peak, choosing to trans later most of the time so I'd have a pl advantage over the people I was fighting. I don't use SSJ at all though in pro fights, as most rules with pro fights are the same, however here in aus I guess you can say that sometimes isn't always carried out in pro fighting.

One thing that I think is broken is that some characters have a perm trans and others have to sit and wait to trans, meaning that character with a perm trans could spam or transkill those players while they are waiting to trans (if it's during fighting, let's say if someone is trans blocking you then by all means trans kill them but if they just respawned and they get killed during transing on spawn then that could induce a lot of complaining, hence why I think transing for classes that don't have a perm trans should have a time of being vulnerable and a time of being invincible during the trans. being vulnerable at the first half of thr trans, then invincible the second half).

Though, I personally wouldn't mind seeing a useful boost like feature for normal form after you have reached a certain pl or implemented through the stamina system.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
O>O SSJ i feel like talking hmm again! :p

SSJ = fun play,
turbo fly = fun play
normal state (no ssj) = style

ssj is an advantage in areas, and a disadvantage in others

ssj guy makes an angle
can easily be angled by a normal state guy
if u ever fight an ssj follow 3 rules and u wont lose unless he uses beams then ure fu**ed lol

1. dont chase him, he has way more ki than u.
2. wait for him to make the first move and expect a tele attack at first then,
he will swoop round in big cricles, (then u stop and charge).
3. WHEN HE COMES TOWARDS U!!!!!! u must be ready, to angle him, make a really small angle back to where u were and u hit most of the time, btw this also works on invisible people ^_^

if people that own a server hate ssj, then
use the remove ssj plugin, but ssj gives u a break from bashing ure keyboard ;) and u can pwn anyone in it especially jinx unless gons around lol ^_^

Best answers
Wait..there is an ssj transformation? when was this implemented?

anyway

Soulz...mistake one...you are just doing defensive against ssj..won't work..he will get tired of you and beam you with gen beams. Being defensive 24/7 doesn't always work. You might want to rethink your playing style and mix it up

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When i played i didn't go ssj, i always thought it was just not fun. It was far to easy to beat someone weather you meleed them to death or did some beam. I like the challenge of non ssj. I don't think it ruins the game, just some people who use ssj and the way they use it ruin the game.

Best answers
i think it does. ssj is powerful and it has its advantages. BUT ppl use it gamewise to spam and do other annoying things as well.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There are two camps of ESF players, those who play it because it is Dragon Ball Z, and those who came after beta 1 because it was an interesting game. I feel that the game has gone pretty far off the DBZ mark since Beta 1, and is now trying to find it's way back. This will piss off both groups, but it's what you have to live with. You cannot please everyone all of the time.

SSJ is in, 1.1 Melee is in, and neither are going anywhere.

Best answers
Yer, the game is based on DBZ. You can't throw out SSJ transformations >_> it's a big thing to neglect. But you can always disable it using that AMX Plugin that stops Transformations. Also, if you don't want to transform, then by all meens don't. When there's a bunch of noobs in the server I don't tend to transform. I actually like to see my PL I get by the end of the round >_<, and by the time a noob does transform, my PL probably matches it... + Turbo :p

-GuZzie

Best answers
Most skilled people would only go SSJ if they were faceing a challege. Most of them, including me, would "mock" people if we could beat them w/o going SS.

Gon

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I like SSJ, but I think the power multiplier and speed increase is ridiculous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom