SSJ - Does it ruin the game?

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wee, an actual thread about playing ESF.

Here's the question: Does having SSJ ruin ESF? I'm talking purely about gameplay wise, I don't care if it needs to be there because of the anime. What do you think?

I personally feel it does, though I'm going to go out on a limb and say at least 90 percent of the people on this forum disagree with me.

Anyway, in the press of one button, you're essentially given two times the PL [double damage], speed, ki, and usually more attacks. The double speed and ki combine to take out a major portion of skill from the game, ki management. You can basically do whatever you want [within game limits..] without having to worry about ki. Then you combine that with the fact that when you do get a hit, it'll do more damage because of the PL. And this is given to who, the bad players? No, it's given to the people who already have no problem racking up kills, the pros.

So why does everyone insist that it's a good feature? Prove me wrong, prove me right, just discuss.
Note: I'm talking strictly about 1.2. I'm under the assumption SSJ will change in 1.3.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well it adds a point to the game. Usually I play to get enough PL to transform, and from there, perfect transformation or until I get bored.

And it IS Super Saiyan, so it's gotta be a definant change in power. Ki management can become very bothersome when playing in normal form, so Super Saiyan acts as a huge reward. More speed means it is easier to do combos, more damage means faster kills, more health makes you last longer, and gotta love the new attacks.

But I will agree it is a bit unfair that there could be a couple of pros who transform and prevent others from getting their PL up, either by being too good or blowing up the map. I mean it's not their fault they are good and a Super Saiyan's a Super Saiyan.

As of now, it kinda depends on player etiquette

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
True, when a beam spammer goes SSJ, it causes a huge problem. Funny story, two beam spammers on a server, saying they spam because the other one was.

Otherwise, Enemy Super Sayains has a bonus, advanced melee. If you can get a few hits or even a combo, your PL rises dramatically.

And being one is even more fun! SSJ, not a spammer.

Best answers
hey ,
ssj is like a bonus
when i play esf i wanna be a ssj becaus of the speed,healt,ki
becaus of this "bonus" i will do my best to kill someone

i know its a bit onfair for people how are not that good at esf
but like everyone you need to fight more to get you skill
and i still get my ass kick by some guys who are still normal saiyan's

becoming a ssj takes sometimes too much time :p

~Gurbir~
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I think SSJ is usually fine, the only thing about ssj I think that ruins the game is when people use Gohan or Trunks specifically "rush" to SSJ and start throwing the big attacks around. If its a noob doing this im fine with it, for them it would somwhat level the playing field until they become more experienced.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You could always makes SSJ and other forms how Tenkaichi made them. So far, if you trans, you are stronger then the enemy but they can still kill you if you aren't careful. With Esf, you don't have to be careful as Sub put it so well.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I completely disagree with you, Sub. I mean, SSJ is what made DBZ awesome. To not have that in, well, that would destroy ESF for everyone. Personally, I love having people turn SSJ because it makes the game more exciting and forces me to think and play faster than if I were fighting an unascended player.

Best answers
nahh ssj is good, makes noobs more of a "challange" to beat

and pros, pros should know better than to go ssj, SHAME ON THEM

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Here's the question: Does having SSJ ruin ESF?
No it makes ESF what it is. Gameplay is all good and fun, but when you load up a server, the goal for everyone is mostly to attain that transformed state.

Gameplay is all good and fun, but without a goal, then there isn't a huge incentive to replay it. It's the reason to play for longer than 10 minutes.

And it already has a disadvantage, sure you're stronger and faster than non transformed players, but while attacking them they build alot more pl than you do.

It's even a good idea to stay normal form and let everyone else SSJ while you build your power then transform and are way above them. It's a nice mix up to the gameplay to help it from getting stale.

Best answers
Transformations are worthless. When people are like "Zomg his good his good" "etc etc" Its not because they own in a transformed state. It becasue they have skill in the normal stage. Trust me...ask any good player and they'll agree. Transformations ruin the fun with spam and overated techniques >_< But that's my opinion.

-GuZzie

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If the ki management wasn't so easy It wouldn't ruin it, I like the fact you fight at faster speeds and you get new attacks, Also there's a certain "tactical" element to when you transform. I dunno, its just the ki management that ruins it for me.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If the ki management wasn't so easy It wouldn't ruin it, I like the fact you fight at faster speeds and you get new attacks, Also there's a certain "tactical" element to when you transform. I dunno, its just the ki management that ruins it for me.

I agree 100% with David.

If the KI management was harder in SSJ it would be fine (but hey the design documents say exacly that ^^)

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I agree that it gives you something to work for, but it destroys the point when that something unballances the game. You can argue all you want that not being transformed can help you gain PL at a faster rate, but at the end of the day, SSJ is still broken.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The only unbalanced part, apart from the abundance of ki, is the generic beams imo, everything else isn't effected as drastically.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That stems from the double PL, but yeah, generic beams do a rediculous amount of damage.

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SSJ = Fast paced battles = me likes very much.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SSJ = Fast-paced battles where everyone misses a lot = not worth using unless you're just screwing around.

Contrary to my entire original post, I don't like SSJ and I use it mostly to either spam or keep everyone in the server from ever transing. I become the server's police force, and everyone hates it.

I don't know how giving people more pl if they actually manage to hit you is a disadvantage. Most of the time I'm moving so quickly that I'm only able to hit people because the Nix flows through me. If I get hit, it's from someone in a corner following me with their eyes, charging a beam, or while I'm spinning in a circle, someone gets thrown into me.

People tend to enter a frenzy when someone goes SSJ and an arm's race soon follows. People just start beaming everyone around them, hoping to be the next SSJ on the server. It's something to work for for someone people, but I enjoy finding someone in a public server who's actually very good and taking him to a corner so we can dance. If we're both SSJ's we become targets, and it just isn't fun having 9 people trying to chase you down.

Madness, I tells ya.

Best answers
gen beams do stupid dmg anyway, ever had any1 hit u to the floor then beam jump on u with a quick gen beam ?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Um...basically every time you get hit that happens, so that's a big 10-4 good buddy.

Having a Goku teleport all over the place while charging gen beams is pretty annoying.

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SSJ = Fast-paced battles where everyone misses a lot = not worth using unless you're just screwing around.

Contrary to my entire original post, I don't like SSJ and I use it mostly to either spam or keep everyone in the server from ever transing. I become the server's police force, and everyone hates it.

I don't know how giving people more pl if they actually manage to hit you is a disadvantage. Most of the time I'm moving so quickly that I'm only able to hit people because the Nix flows through me. If I get hit, it's from someone in a corner following me with their eyes, charging a beam, or while I'm spinning in a circle, someone gets thrown into me.

People tend to enter a frenzy when someone goes SSJ and an arm's race soon follows. People just start beaming everyone around them, hoping to be the next SSJ on the server. It's something to work for for someone people, but I enjoy finding someone in a public server who's actually very good and taking him to a corner so we can dance. If we're both SSJ's we become targets, and it just isn't fun having 9 people trying to chase you down.

Madness, I tells ya.
I dont miss much so it doesnt bother me =P besides I'm always too busy enjoying the speed of the fight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom