Square?!?!!!?

Best answers
how come when i make a .spr it is a square?!?!!? i mad eone today and its a square!1

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
All sprites are square...
Depending on which transparency mode you use, you can make the background of the sprite appear transparent. Using additive transparency is best. You can also assign the last color in the sprite's palette to a flag color, use that where you want the sprite to be transparent, then use alphatest.

Best answers
when you have made the .bmp with indexed color, and you are converting it to a .spr with sprWIZ at the end of the process it asks you for wich transparency mode you want, AlphaTest (makes the last color in the color palette transparen't), additive (makes black transparent), grayscale, or no transparency.

Best answers
ohhhhh i think i get it! EDIT I GET IT!!! but i always made it additive and its a square still

Best answers
what color is the background? and if so what do you mean by square? do you mean there is a thin line around the sprite that is a square? if so, try shrinking the object in the picture so that it is away from the edge of the picture. or you could just show a screenshot.

Best answers
well the background is black and the beam when i shoot it the beam itself is a square! BTW i got the picture off the web and just added to it

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Post a screen shot of it so they can see what you mean by Square

Best answers
SRY FOR DOUBLE POST!!! well i made a kamehameha and the settings are: Contents: Transparent Mode:RBG Mode: 256 x 256 and it looks like this:

Best answers
i probably dont know what im talking about.....but isnt his problem that he's using white instead of black background?

coz i know that black gives tranceparency (or whatever you write that)

i mean look at the standard esf sprites...they all have BLACK in them.

hope this helps...if not...ey i tried :p

Best answers
hey! thats it!!! ty! but what about my big bang????? its a square??!?!?!?! how do i make it like a real bigbang? do i have to edit all of the bigband sprites?

Best answers
u have to edit them all lol or it looks crappy like my first sprite did

i relaised everything that says bigbang had to be edited

Best answers
ohhhh ok ty but what should a regular sprite picture suposed to be? like i put mine as 256 x 256

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom