Spirit Bomb problem

Best answers
Hi,
i have a problem in ESF 1.2.3 with Steam. Sometimes when i am on a lan server, the pc of the host get down and the connectin is lost ,because someone is making a spirit bomb. We all have PCs about 2000 mhz and with a good video card and so on... I have tried it with 1.6 and 1.5 ...always the same. I dont know what to do. It happens when im playing with bots , but when i play without, too. Can you help me???
o_o :shocked: :confused:

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
And just for clarification, he normally plays using Steam. (I spoke with him briefly on IRC)

Best answers
He just clearly stated that he uses steam....

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Ouchyz said:
He just clearly stated that he uses steam....
He also mentioned he tried it with 1.6 and 1.5, which would make some people here automatically reply with "OMG GET STEAM AND BUY HALF LIFE 1"

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Have you tried reinstalling? What gfx mode are you running? (Opengl is what msot people use and is what works best with mods based on the half-life engine), Are you using the lateast gfx card drivers?.

Best answers
yeah i have the latest video card drivers and i use open GL!!!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I suggest this (for some reason it works all the time):
1. Scan all the computers for ad-ware and viruses in safe mode
2. Uninstall Esf and Counter-strike
3. Uninstall Steam
4. Make sure no items or folders are left around from ESF, Stea or HL
5. Reinstall Steam, HL and ESF again.

By doing this, it makes sure that any corrupt files are taken care of.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You did all of that and it still didn't help? Sounds like there could be an error on your HL disk or the ESF download that you got has a corrupt file. I am sorry sir, but you have stumped me. I really don't know what you should do now.

Best answers
yes i did all, but it didnt helped. i tried 1.2.3 and 1.2 . 1.23 was from steam loaded. Thank u for ur work.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Now it could always be some deep complicated problem refarding connection, files or whatever...But I am gonna say, try changing the spirit bomb sprite (to a custom sprite) for all the computers (or at least the host server) since you seem to have tried everything else.

Best answers
thanks chakra-x it worx at spirit bomb now i must only search a sprite for kamehame ha but THANK YOU ALLL!!!!! :)))))

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom