spirit bomb gone?

Best answers
Hi. How come when goku ascends, he no longer has the spirit bomb?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Because he can't do it when he's Super Saiyan, it's like he's too evil or something...

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
in order to go ssj you need anger and hatred. the spirit bomb is made of pure energy (no pure energy but pure energy such as its only "good" no evil) so if the spirit bomb were go hit someone witha pure heart it would not harm them, if they are pure evil it would destroy them. the spirit bomb takes energy of all living things grass humans planets. things liket that the person making the bomb needs a pure heart to make it. goku in his normal state is of pure heart. him in ssj ovioulsy has hatred in him. thats the only way go to ssj, it to have enough hatred.

Sound Artist
Best answers
He's made a Genki Dama when SSJ. I'm not sure whether the team removed it to follow the show or to balance it.

Best answers
it's not hatred... Goten is not angry and neither is trunks. They are just having fun.

Best answers
He did do the Spirit Bomb in movie 7; after which he went SSJ and absorbed the whole thing to be able to beat Super 13.

Best answers
Yeah, that was what I was thinking. In movie 7, he made the spirit bomb, then he went super saiyan and something weird happened.

Best answers
but there is one little thing.
NO MOVIES OR GT STUFF IN ESF SO FOGET IT.
and i think it is hatred that makes him ssj.
goku sayed to gohan that to become ssj you must be angry so that is why i think that. get it?

Best answers
Anger and hatred are two seperate things. If Goku were to need to be impure in order to become a ssj than he would have an impure heart weather or not he was actually ascended at the time.

Best answers
Quoted from Goku during Gohan's training to become SSJ:
"Power comes in response to a need, not a desire. You have to create that need."

Best answers
During Kid Buu saga, goku made a spirit bomb (as normal)

Then he powered up to ssj to fire it back at buu so..

Og'

Best answers
He was just pushing the spirit bomb as ssj.. He was finished making it.. and buu was pushing back.. jsut like in esf :)P).. you can hurl a sb, go ssj while the other person is trying to throw it at ya.

Best answers
They balanced it. As a SSJ, the spirit bomb would be too powerfull. In the HL Radio interview, the developers said "After a Transformation, weak characters become more powerfull attacks, and stronger ones loos them".

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
All this hatred and anger stuff is garbage. He has made a spirit bomb when ssj before, so that's clearly not the reason. It probably isn't in ESF for balancing issues. I think goku is strong enough as SSJ without the genki dama

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the spirit bomb and the Geni dama are 2 different things not the same. and your right i meant anger not hatred thanks for correcting me. and to let you know about the buu saga that saga is sorta pointless because everything is all wrong in that. i dont mean to go off topic but in the cell saga trunks came and he was an adult this was after gohan died and this meant that gohan was just a little older than him. well in the buu saga trunks was a kid and gohan was an adult. so you see its all wrong. there isnt a way for them to go ssj with out some sort of anger. because yes your right when goku said "Power comes in response to a need, not a desire. You have to create that need." BUT what did he say afterward i beleive it was something to the effect of "gohan think of your mother think of cell killing her" something along those lines. this broke gohan to the breaking point : p and he went ssj for like 1 second then fainted. how did vegeta go ssj, he was just so freaking pissed at goku that, that was what he needed to go to the next level. the levels after ssj arent created through anger but through reaching down and finding more power for lack of a better phrase. but lets not get into that my point being...

... yes your right when you say its probably for balancing it. but there IS a reason goku cant do it in the show as ssj.

[EDIT]
even if he could. only a certain percentage is from him. the rest is from people of the earth the planet so on and so forth. so it wouldnt be stronger than if he wasnt ssj.

Sound Artist
Best answers
You can only go Super Saiya-jin if your heart is totally pure. It can be pure good, or pure evil, thus Vegeta goes SSJ. That's the way it's presented in the real uncut japanese version, you can't take anything you hear in the english dub seriously. The only reason Goku doesn't use the Spirit Bomb when he's SSJ is because he doesn't need to. It was a powerful attack before he could transform, now that he's attained ultimate power, he doesn't need something that sucks life force out of all living things and takes an hour to make:) A quick Kamehameha will suffice.

Best answers
PHP:
During Kid Buu saga, goku made a spirit bomb (as normal)

Then he powered up to ssj to fire it back at buu so..
From there it went off topic :laff:

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
[align=left]Here goes....1) Goku and Vegeta went ssj due to anger and hatred as well (goku didnt love frieza as far as i remember). Gohan also went ssj because of his hatred of himself (because of his weakness). Goten and Trunks became ssj, probably because when they were eh...conceived, their fathers were already able to go ssj. 2) Genki dama and Spirit bomb are the same thing. Just read the manga or play the original games for snes. 3) Goku didnt create a spirit bomb because he was "too evil". Its cause it didnt fit anywhere in the story line. Either way, he never created a sb while he was ssj. However, the esf team should eventually allow goku to go ssj after the sb is already created.[/align]

Best answers
The spirit bomb is very simple to understand. We can all come up with speculations, but its a fact that in DBZ Goku never attempted to create a spirit bomb while in his SuperSayian form (To the best of my knowledge). As for the Kid Buu incident, I believe that the spirit bomb was thrown at Buu. Then when Goku had all his power wished back, which wasn't fair to Majin Buu, Goku took control of the spirit bomb. Thus I think that the spirit bomb in ESF could be changed. I won't sugguest anything now, its nice the way it is and besides I'd have to state my sugguestion in the sugguestion Thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom