Speed Modelling . . . again

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've started another exercise to improve my speed, this time with a fairly low polygon limit (under 1000)

A Zubat from pokemon was my first victim

http://picserver.org/view_image.php/7VJCKS0JSJP1

Dev time was 50 minutes (I shouldn't have had the t.v. on in the background, heh)

I hope to have a few more models done by the end of the day . . . time will tell :)

Best answers
Dude that is teh pwn subat for a 50 minute job and speeding with the unrisistable tv it looks good :)

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Its a Zubat from pokemon lol. Very nice i might add. Im not certain but i think the ears were a bit longer.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
@Zeonix: It may very well be, but I can't be sure. My primary ref was 75x75 pixels so it's a bit difficult to make out many details :p

Anyway, I shouldn't have started this thread when I did. I had too many things to do at the time and it was irresponsible for me to even have bothered modelling. Now though, my schedule is clear so let's see if how this goes.

My next model is Tails from sonic. I've been working on him for about an hour and have pretty much finished off the most difficult part of the model, namely the head. Shouldn't take more than an hour/hour 1/2 to finish the rest of the body, then I can move onto uvmapping.

Current Polycount: 474

smooth
http://picserver.org/view_image.php/8I1091RL14XV/p.jpeg

flats
http://picserver.org/view_image.php/2JPO48U2502G

And btw, if you want to post something you're working that you're trying to finish quickly, please feel free to :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hehe, I took an hour long break . . . :scared:

All done with Tails now. Total polycount is 1424. It's over the limit I had wanted, but this is for ROL and the limit I'm using for there is 2500.

http://picserver.org/view_image.php/77538G74O882

Total dev time: About 3-3 1/2 hours

Edit: Next up will be the Uvmap for Tails and a Sasuke model.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nice tails his mouth/nose is sorta messed up. but its still good. i alwlays liked sonic. could youpost your ref. i wanna see if its the new or old tails.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
good stuff temp, what ever came of the goku u made btw?

Best answers
Seriously suggest changing the nose, looks too long :/

His body looks too round as well, other then that he looks about fine.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
looking good, allthough the face could do with just a little work form the side view, and the cylinders above the shoes look a bit simple, but good work, your defiently a lot faster than me :D

It's over the limit I had wanted, but this is for ROL and the limit I'm using for there is 2500.
ROL? whats what, another sonic mod or something? have we got MORE competion? :(

Best answers
no no
ROl
is like rivalry of legends
a bunch of cartoon. game heroes
fight in this ssb inspired mod...am i right?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
good stuff temp, what ever came of the goku u made btw?
I gave that to ROL; I was planning on adding a shirt, pulling off a few polygons and maybe putting it into ESF not too long after the new patch comes out. :D

the cylinders above the shoes look a bit simple
I had been trying to keep the polygon count as low as I could while giving the parts I thought most important a good amount of detail. I didn't think anyone would notice the socks low detail in game so I kept it really simple. I might change that though :)

It's been quite a while since I played Sonic Adventure 2 (*mutters* since someone broke my copy), and I only had some wallpapers from the original with their weird perspectives as references, so I present that as my excuse to the imperfections in the face, and I'll get onto fixing them asap

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
if you can, get hold of the sonic movie (out on dvd NOW!) its full of really good refs.

Best answers
Sonic X is commin in Holland, yay \o/
and nice Tails, are you gonna make SOnic aswell?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom