Speed and gameplay

The only Russian ESF fan
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Noone does 3 rollhits. I encouraged my mates to do only 1, and I despise people who do 2.
(That is, considering a rollhit is a hit after the victim has hit the ground)

About teleports on the move, I agree with Nedgi. In ECX many characters can teleport while moving, and honestly it's not an "another skill to master" but a lame replacement of glide-teleport for those who can't do it or wanna have an unfair advantage.

I'm not complaining about game development.
I'm just saying stuff.

Last edited:
Discord Member
Best answers
I only do 1 roll hit as well, and I always aim for a grounded roll hit so I can pop them up and continue the combo in the air.

Kiblasts being forbidden is a european thing, US rules allow for kiblasts and genbeams in duels.
I am from the Oceania Region, the place you seemingly left out. Kiblasts being forbidden is not exclusively a European thing.

Why change Turbo's function to no longer deactivate when charging? I can't wrap my head around it. Having your Turbo on in 1.2.3 increase your PL, which decreases the damage you take and the damage you deal. What was neat about this feature, is that if you forgot to activate Turbo while you were charging, and then you were hit; you'd take more damage, and you only had yourself to blame. You can argue that it removes a button press that isn't needed, but I can argue you against it and say that it really isn't difficult to press Turbo - more over, you'll still have to activate it in final.

Stamina regenerates over time regardless of what you are doing. But only as long as you are not using Turbo. Having Turbo active, will prevent stamina regeneration
It's clear what you're going for with Stamina, and I can't say much against; it seems fine on paper, and I hope it works out. But the logic falls flat when on one hand you say that Stamina only recharges when you don't have Turbo activated, and on the other hand you make charging no longer drop Turbo. Charging to full increases your Stamina regeneration - it seems like the only time you would want to drop Turbo is when you are charging; so what is the reasoning to behind no longer making it automatically drop when you charge? It does so in 1.2.3, so why change it? You are substituting the loss of button presses (double tap swoop) by adding more button presses? (in the form of having to physically drop Turbo when you charge) Kind of goes against this whole "streamlined" thing you are going for.

Swooping was made like this to put an end to the whole sctipter = cheater acusations. Its basically a swoop script implemented in to the game.
So... wait, what? You removed the signature double tap swoop to avoid scripters being accused as cheaters? What the actual **** is that kind of logic? Who came up with this idea? Seriously, I want to know. The ESF team needs lessons on how to deal with things being said - who cares if people are accused as cheaters? who cares if people say there are bugs in a beta? It's a beta LOL. Scripting is cheating - people are allowed to accuse others of cheating; it is in their right as a human being to talk, and you can't stop that. The solution is not to turn around and make the script the norm just to avoid people accusing others? Seriously, I want to know who made this PC decision because it is a joke.

-

I will admit that Stamina is an interesting concept; I like the idea of having a choice between taking damage to my health or having my Stamina drained. Yes, it is a cool idea, but that doesn't excuse the other cringe worthy decisions the team has made. Removing double tap swoop? Enabling players to teleport while they swoop? And you sit there to try and tell us that that isn't dumbing down the game. You are simplifying the core gameplay; adding more features will not distract from this because they are just that... additional features. Artificial depth.

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Its not about the accusations themselves. Its about leveling out the playfield. Its about eliminating scripts all together. Its also easier on the keyboards as it produces less wear and tear along with people saying they are having issues with physical pain due to the constant requirement of doubletaps.

Also recharging only boost your stamina regen if you already have a full KI bar. As in you are in a position to stand there recharging for a while. Not really something you can do in combat. And we removed the deactivation of turbo on recharge, since it didnt really make sense thematically. Also stamina is more of a natural limiter, so you can get through an entire fight without using it up at all, as it is not used for regular actions. Meaning its your choice wether you want to drop the PL and speed boost from turbo in favour of recharging your stamina while you fight, or if you want to gamble on the possibility that you will not be using the stuff that use up stamina.

I dont know the ruleset in the oceania region so i apologise for not including it. I only played on US and EU servers till now. I also played though the time where everything was allowed. And quite honestly the time everything was allowed was the most fun for me. People actively using exploits to counter other exploits. The gameplay was a lot more vibrant back then than the current min max playstyle. It was one of the reasons why i stopped playing 1 on 1 duels back when i still had enough time to be an active player.

@nedgi To my knowledge there is no such commands in 1.2.3 unless you have an AMXX script that does that. And the last time i played against Raven in 1.2 was when ECX RC1 was just before release. He was better, but not by the amount he owns me in the final.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom