Specs

Best answers
Hi,
To avoid all disappointments at ESF:F release, i want to ask what are the system requierments. My specs are :

- Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.40Ghz
- AMD Radeon HD 6670
- 4GB RAM

So could i run the mod? (It's almost sure but i prefer ask :D) If yes, in what settings, resolution etc ...
Also, i believe the system requirments have already been posted but i can't found them so, sorry ...

Project Manager
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The final specs are not specified yet. However it is safe to say that it will run on your system, nontheless not on the highest possible settings.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Say what? That spec can't run ESF 1.3 on max settings? Wow, you must be doing a heck of a job.

Project Manager
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
actually we didn't .. what matters for ESF still is pure GHZ on your CPU, the more the better. This is this Half-Life 1 under the hood.

The very best there is.
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
What Raven's trying to say is that GoldSrc is a single-threaded engine, i.e. it uses only one CPU core. Just crank your Q6600 up to 3 GHz. Of course, a Sandy Bridge CPU is still way faster.

Your graphics card isn't that high-end as well.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Then I could simply assign the hl.exe procces only one UNUSED core. Thus it would get a single core all for itself.....

Also, while I know this would take ages and would be very hard and not worth your time, would it be POSSIBLE for you guys to make the game able to support dual CPUs atleast?

The very best there is.
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Windows will automatically schedule processes to run at maximum efficiency. No need for core pinning.

The internals of the GoldSrc engine can't be rewritten without source code access. Even then, it might still be impossible, since it simply isn't designed with multi-threading in mind. So that's a big no.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom