specific throws

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the throwing that is coming out.. it hink each character should have their own unique way of throwing...

goku - swing and throw
vegeta - hold you over his head and smash you into the ground or wall
cell - use his tail to grab u and throw u
buu - use his body to wrap around you and he swoops with u into a wall or the ground

etc etc more for the rest too..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
no ... I think it's good the way it is ... everyone has the same throw ... the only difference is the looking ... you also can throw in the direction you aim

I don't think there's a good reason to change this

Best answers
wTf????
its ****ing good i like it alot and i personaly seggest some of those throws by myself
but nice thinking

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
this would discourage custom models.... but *shrug*

each character having their own unique quality would add more pep to the game.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's a pretty good idea, each character would be a little bit more unique, and give each battle a bit of a spark to it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
what about this ...
you give us an additional year ... then we'll put this in ... ok ?

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Even if they made all of the throws unique they'd all end up blurring together after about the hundredth time you use them. It's a nice idea but it's a lot of extra work for relatively little product. Maybe in 1.3 or 1.4 .

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nretep said:
what about this ...
you give us an additional year ... then we'll put this in ... ok ?
Nretep, I don't appreciate the attitude, did I say " HEY GUYS, LOLOLOL YOU SHUD PUT THIS IN RIGHT NOW!!!!!! IT WOULD BE SO KOOLS!."

No, it was just a suggestion, the team will decide whenever they want to put it in or even if they want to put it in at all. I already know that they won't be putting it in immediatley. They could put it in 1.8, but it's never a bad idea to point something out. Things only get better with critisizm, and suggestions.

Best answers
Well he didnt exactly say "No, THIS IDEA SUXORS STFU" either. He just said he didnt like it and used a little sarcasm to make his point

But still, how much extra work is a few new animations(not a rhetorical question, honestly how much extra work is it, im not an animator)? I mean it sure as heck wouldnt add an extra year onto the project, i know that much. I mean, the team has been goin beserk about all the new anims, whats a few more? But then again, thats just my take on the thing, im no modder and i sure as heck aint a team member. So whatever they do, im sure itll be good.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cheeto101 said:
But still, how much extra work is a few new animations(not a rhetorical question, honestly how much extra work is it, im not an animator)? I mean it sure as heck wouldnt add an extra year onto the project, i know that much. I mean, the team has been goin beserk about all the new anims, whats a few more? But then again, thats just my take on the thing, im no modder and i sure as heck aint a team member. So whatever they do, im sure itll be good.
the throws already will have different animations ... they pwn ...
but what imgkongkong suggested were not just animations ...

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cheeto101 said:
question, honestly how much extra work is it, im not an animator)? I mean it sure as heck wouldnt add an extra year onto the project, i know that much. I mean, the team has been goin beserk about all the new anims, whats a few more? But then again, thats just my take on the thing, im no modder and i sure as heck aint a team member. So whatever they do, im sure itll be good.

There are animations for each combonation of character with every other character when it comes to melee. Dodges and blocks to different attacks for example. Throwing this way would be no different. If you want frieza to have a unique throw that means a new throwing animation for frieza and a new "about to get thrown" animation for everyone else. Multiply that by the number of characters in-game.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cheeto101 said:
Well he didnt exactly say "No, THIS IDEA SUXORS STFU" either. He just said he didnt like it and used a little sarcasm to make his point
Yes, I know that, but people too often make the assumption that each suggestion made is to be taken into consideration immediatley, and to be in the next release. That's not the case, and it annoys me when someone jumpts to that kind of conclusion. This has nothing to do with you Cheeto, I suggest you just leave it between myself and Nretep.

It's no suprise that this suggestion involves a lot of hard work, but isn't that what makes a good mod?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom