Speaking My Mind

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You're working under the presumption that when one thing goes wrong, everything falls apart. That only happens if the moderators and the participants allow it to happen. Once bad seed won't ruin every other seed. Punish the person who is unable to control themselves and allow the discussion to continue.

[S]

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
You're working under the presumption that it won't i'm speaking from experience that it does. Once someones religion or political view is flamed the people of the flamed religion or political view unite and if they are told oh we've given him a warning ignore it do not retaliate you know how many would listen? about a handful.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
For the record, Phobius, I was speaking of this warning: http://esforces.com/forum/showpost.php?p=874983&postcount=94

And the aftermath once the thread was moved back into public territory:
http://esforces.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71511&page=4

As I said, one needs only his eyes to see the truth of the matter.

@ : I see where you are coming from, but I truly believe that we are actually ready to make that leap now. This thread and the responses (except for a few) give me hope that we're finally both able and willing to have mature conversations without the thread spiraling down to hades.

[S]

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I truly hope so as stated above i myself don't belive in closing a topic because one person is out of line because it doesn't make sense why the person who started a thread have to suffer because of some ignorant ass but the mods are just doing thier job trying to make sure everyone on this forum is respected and that comes before everything else. Maybe a few more mature topics will pop up and people will handle it like adults and you guys can show the mods but for now the mods have been let down every time they've given us the benefit of the doubt so the ball is really in the users court now to show that they are mature enough to do this.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Just wanted to say...the debate going on right now proves that you guys can handle stuff like this..no flames...this is nice.

two people arguing, no potshots, maturity. yay.

Best answers
Oh well you can go on and on I don't really care zeo and sub you can think what you want cause really I'm really tired of you guys thinking you know whats right for everyone and everyone should reign supreme when in fact your forum is in distraught and you don't know how to run things properly but you come here preaching how we should run the forums so they can be turned into a infested pile of spam but again thats for another time.
Nobody thinks that we should reign supreme.. we just want a little change and leniency. This babysitting bull**** with the "touchy" threads based on religion and politics is pointless now. The majority of us grew up, the user base has changed, we aren't the immature people we used to be.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Nobody thinks that we should reign supreme.. we just want a little change and leniency. This babysitting bull**** with the "touchy" threads based on religion and politics is pointless now. The majority of us grew up, the user base has changed, we aren't the immature people we used to be.
speaking of which, it's time to change your diaper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom